New Release - H-king RC Plane Laser Cut Scale Balsa Kits

Hobbyking has a new lineup of balsa kits!

Splash

LASER CUT SCALE BALSA KITS

This just in from Hobbyking...

H-KING CLOUD CLIPPER VINTAGE STYLE FULL LASER CUT BALSA AIRPLANE KIT (1800MM)

The H-King Cloud Clipper kit captures the type of vintage model airplane that was used in the early days of RC. It features the classic elliptical shape wing, a large glazed cabin, a classic geodetic fuselage structure, and tail dragger landing gear, all features that used to be very popular.

So either take a trip down memory lane, or experience what flying an RC model was like 50 to 60 years ago. These types of designs have a very low wing loading, are very stable, and are particularly good-natured to fly. Back in the day, they were basically RC assist free-flight type models. These stable, good-natured qualities and simple 3 channel control, make the Cloud Clipper the perfect choice for pilots with very little RC flying experience.

BUY NOW

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

H-KING 1:3 NIEUPORT 28 WW1 FIGHTER FULL LASER CUT BALSA KIT (2830MM)

The H-King Nieuport 28 is a faithfully produced, state-of-the-art, large 1:3 scale model of this iconic and very maneuverable French WW1 fighter. All the wooden parts are precision laser cut to produce an accurate, lightweight airframe. The Nieuport 28 has been designed for 80~100cc gas engines, and a 6 channel radio system with 5 heavy-duty servos, plus a throttle servo. It can of course be converted to the equivalent in electric power, but modifications to the fuselage will need to be made during the build to accommodate, and give access to the battery pack(s), etc.

When finished in a scale WW1 color scheme of your choice, the H-King Nieuport 28 is an impressive, very large, authentically reproduced model of one of the most famous fighters of the Great War. Its large size makes it look very impressive in the air, and its large wing area and docile handling characteristics make it a real joy to fly. Heads will turn when you arrive at your local flying field with this beauty.

BUY NOW

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

H-KING SEAGULL FULL LASER CUT BALSA WATERPLANE KIT (1570MM)

The H-King Seagull is an easy-to-build balsa model kit of a waterplane that has a hull-shaped fuselage and wing floats. The Seagull is the perfect introduction to building a model RC plane and is also the perfect introduction to flying off of water. A great feature of the Seagull design is that the electric motor is mounted on a pod above the wing. This keeps the propeller well away from any possible contact with the water.

The Seagull does not need to be flown off of water, it will easily take off from wet grass, snow, or can simply be hand-launched. So instead of buying a ready-made airframe, why don't you have a go at constructing your own? It is fun to do, and knowing that you built it yourself, that first flight is a rewarding, and memorable experience.

BUY NOW

H-KING 1:38 DE HAVILLAND DH82A TIGER MOTH FULL LASER CUT BALSA KIT (2360MM)

The H-King DH82A Tiger Moth is a faithfully produced, state-of-the-art, large 1:38 scale model of this iconic full-size biplane. All the wooden parts are precision laser cut to produce an accurate, lightweight airframe. The DH82A has been designed for 30~50cc 2 stroke engines or 40~60cc 4 stroke engines, and a 4 channel or more radio system. It can of course be converted to the equivalent in electric power, but modifications to the fuselage will need to be made during the build to accommodate, and give access to the battery pack(s), etc.

When finished in a scale color scheme of your choice, the H-King De Havilland DH82A is an impressive, large, model of one of the most famous bi-planes of all time. Its large size makes it look very impressive in the air, and its large wing area and docile handling characteristics make it a big pussy cat to fly.

BUY NOW

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Sep 17, 2021 at 08:23 AM..
Sep 17, 2021, 09:42 AM
This bird you cant change.
Nice classic!
Sep 17, 2021, 09:57 AM
NMPRA 34C
How about releasing the 50 inch Slick ARF that flew so well?

I would love to have all of the parts to frame up myself, with a white cowling and canopy deck......... that airplane flew great.
The Jenny looks cool, but it won't hang on the prop!

Almost ready to cover ARFs (ARC) was a thing about 25 years ago, but did not last. If you like to build, and your into IMAC and 3D, you have a choice: Buy an ARF, strip it and cover, or build a 35% kit which are getting hard to come by. Why not a 3D capable wood kit of a Slick or Edge with a 50 or 52" span?

Cheers, Dave
Sep 17, 2021, 03:12 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Yost

I would love to have all of the parts to frame up myself, with a white cowling and canopy deck......... that airplane flew great.

Almost ready to cover ARFs (ARC) was a thing about 25 years ago, but did not last. If you like to build, and your into IMAC and 3D, you have a choice: Buy an ARF, strip it and cover, or build a 35% kit which are getting hard to come by. Why not a 3D capable wood kit of a Slick or Edge with a 50 or 52" span?

Cheers, Dave
Very niche means no money to be made in this segment.
If this idea failed 25 years ago, you can imagine it doing even worse in today's market of ARFs.
Sep 17, 2021, 03:52 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:

Cheers, Dave
Extreme Flight has a 52” Slick hat will out fly the Hobbyking Slick, even though the 50” Hobbyking Slick was an almost direct copy of the original 3DHS 50 Slick.

That said Steven’s Aero has some really nice kits if you like to build.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Sep 17, 2021, 07:50 PM
Quote:

Cheers, Dave
Yes!!!!
Sep 17, 2021, 08:58 PM
killickb
These look very nice and maybe very close to the old Proctor scale kits of time gone by. Sure a limited market but a win/win for both the modeler and HK no doubt.
If I were younger I would consider buying and storing until they go out of production !
I would have jumped on the Seagull and Cloud Clipper but not paying their required shipping on a $260 order !
Where is the Jenny mentioned and who the heck would want to hang it on the prop anyway ?
Sep 17, 2021, 09:20 PM
Seagull was only $38.00 for me to Greeley, CO., cheaper if I went FedEx, but I absolutely hate FedEx!!

SteveT.
Sep 18, 2021, 05:25 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Be nice if they got the scale right!!
The TigerMoth is actually 1 : 3.8
If it was 1 : 38 it would only be 236mm

LURCH
Sep 18, 2021, 08:41 AM
NMPRA 34C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Extreme Flight has a 52” Slick hat will out fly the Hobbyking Slick, even though the 50” Hobbyking Slick was an almost direct copy of the original 3DHS 50 Slick.

That said Steven’s Aero has some really nice kits if you like to build.

SteveT.
Yes, I am currently flying the Extreme Flight 48" Edge....waited FOREVER for the 52" inch Slick. Gave up and settled for the Edge V2. Great airplane. I am a very experienced builder, and would like to cover my own/paint my own airplane.

That's all I was eluding to. I have never understood why the manufactures just can't call China and say "Just leave the covering off of one" As a special order. But guess that's impossible...

Cheers, Dave
Sep 18, 2021, 08:46 AM
NMPRA 34C
Back on topic, The Newport looks great! Would be a fun project!

Nice kits!

Dave
Sep 18, 2021, 12:14 PM
Yes it does look very nice!!.

SteveT.
Sep 18, 2021, 04:29 PM
Arrowhead
Judging by the choice of models & size, I’m guessing these are relabeled Dancing Wings planes?
Sep 18, 2021, 05:05 PM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
Judging by the choice of models & size, I’m guessing these are relabeled Dancing Wings planes?
I think so.
Last edited by Andy852; Sep 18, 2021 at 05:20 PM.
Sep 19, 2021, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105
No it is a company called Value Planes. They have been around a bit. I know Carolina Custom Kits was selling them for a little while.

http://www.valueplanes.com/

Quick Reply