Sep 23, 2021, 06:57 PM
A-6 & B-47 OCD
Thread OP
Kentucky (Across the river or in my case...Texas across the river :^)
Last edited by FliteMetal; Sep 26, 2021 at 07:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2021, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FliteMetal
Seems I did not make it clear enough. We are not selling a turbine ready product. That has never been considered since we began. If a purchaser wants a fuselage configured to their spec to allow them to create a cradle for turbines then they can discuss that with us to provide a fuselage they can configure internally for their use.

Nothing is being offered for purchase until it is flown and video posted. I have already had requests for A6's but will not sell until flown. Jet Jam is less than an hour away from us... we are just outside of Edmonton, KY.

We are looking for experienced builder~assemblers with references.
Just speaking for myself, but I much rather buy a "kit" with no bulkheads installed. Give me light weight glass parts, a clear canopy, cores, maybe some plans and a CG and I'm good. Sell it for a fair price, and I'm game.

Just my opinion, but I think a fair percentage of the large EDF crowd like doing things themselves. Figuring out how they want to build something, Looking for ways to loose weight, best power setups, batteries, etc, etc. It's more about making it work, a little bit of the nostalgic glow feel, but way better. Equipment placement, material selection, and the like all come into play.
The 3d stuff is all cool, but what you really need is a set of gear. No need to break the bank having gear machined, can probably modify something like a Robart 150 to work, and still look"right" enough. Easy to do as their gear is only 4130 steel. Tubing is readily available and super easy to cut, weld, and braze, and any local shop can do those things for you for a couple bucks.
I'm looking forward to seeing an A-6 come together, and hope you will share the actual build process. Get a couple of semi kits out there and get some Beta testing going
Sep 24, 2021, 07:52 AM
A-6 & B-47 OCD
Thread OP

la carte

Name: A6E_SketchT2.png
Views: 3
Size: 466.2 KB
Description: There are three levels of A6 for each of our four versions...plus you can purchase
.................................................. . la carte...with exception of the flying stab cradle installed during layup.

1. Traditional fiberglass kit:
Bulkheads, wing tube galley, laser cut 120mm or 110mm, flying stab cradles, and retract mount intalled in the mold.

2. Assembled airframe:
Ready for installation of retract system w/wheels and brakes, r/c hardware, EDF system, and optional features.

3. Completed and finished airframe:
Painted in standard USN color scheme per available version, with chosen optional features.

Retracts (electric) were designed 18 months ago. If someone desires to design their own they need only not order gear.

Name: MACT6s.png
Views: 4
Size: 1.3 KB
Description:
Last edited by FliteMetal; Sep 24, 2021 at 11:18 AM.
Sep 24, 2021, 09:09 AM
Okay, thanks
Big different between designing them, and actual having a set of gear in your hand, or a plane coming together. I haven't seen anything new since these threads started....other than some CAD designs. Same pictures over and over again

If you guys are actually building , why not share via the "build thread"? If you're not building, you should be asking for someone to help you. A few super talented EDF guys in your area

Actually just looking at the glass work pictures, and it looks like those were taken at Vic's, and are at least 2-3 years old.
Last edited by 70 ragtop; Sep 24, 2021 at 09:25 AM.
Sep 24, 2021, 10:11 AM
A-6 & B-47 OCD
Thread OP

3 Piece Fuse

Name: A6E_SketchMAC4.png
Views: 0
Size: 72.7 KB
Description:

1 1/2 years ago Vic took our plug from the original single piece movie fuse and created a more easily transported 3 piece fuse. Due to
the fact this entire project has been "reverse engineered" much development work was in CAD for sake of proper fit utilizing another
movie 6 fuselage and "two" bulkheads within. Original "Flight Of The Intruder" movie A6's were powered with a pair of .90 two cycle
ByroJet ducted fans...complete with their baseball bats...low thrust and heavy.

Development was interrupted by downsizing, passing of two family members, construction of a retirement home, and a couple of serious
medical issues. Design phase continued during this time. As for retracts...two of the original movie 6's had $4k 12lb. scale gear. If that gear
were made today I was quoted...$7k because none of the original CNC/CAD files exist. Our 6's utilize an electric rotating heavy duty gear
with printed scale features to reduce weight.

All of this development show and tell is online elsewhere.

Name: MACT6s.png
Views: 2
Size: 1.3 KB
Description:
Last edited by FliteMetal; Oct 09, 2021 at 07:43 AM.
Sep 24, 2021, 10:23 AM
2021 EDF Jet Jam June 10-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FliteMetal
Kentucky
Your close as KY is directly across the river from...... www.rosewoodrc.com and it won't be long until next year's date of June 9-12, 2022, in case you were wondering.
Last edited by Robert Belluomini; Sep 27, 2021 at 12:10 AM.
Sep 25, 2021, 05:39 AM
A-6 & B-47 OCD
Thread OP

A6 Intruder 1:5.5 Dims

Description:

I have created a fuselage dims reference.

Name: MasterFuse.jpg
Views: 17
Size: 1.14 MB
Description:
Last edited by FliteMetal; Oct 09, 2021 at 07:45 AM.
Sep 26, 2021, 07:20 PM
A-6 & B-47 OCD
Thread OP

2022 Jet Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
Your close as KY is directly across the river from...... www.rosewoodrc.com and it won't be long until next year's date of June 9-12, 2021, in case you were wondering.
Robert,

Today is Sept. 26, 2021. When is the 2022 Jet Jam? With whom should a vendor contact if the event is to be held in 2022? I emailed Ken this afternoon...He was the 2021 contact on the event announcement.
Sep 27, 2021, 08:16 AM
A-6 & B-47 OCD
Thread OP

2022 Jet Jam Vendor Booths

Description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
Your close as KY is directly across the river from...... www.rosewoodrc.com and it won't be long until next year's date of June 9-12, 2022, in case you were wondering.
Robert,

When I visited the Rosewood web site I registered. Received a reply from Ken with the (June 9-12) 2022 dates.

Sam and I have a few questions:

Thanks
Name: onlineTag.png
Size: 1.5 KB
Description:
Last edited by FliteMetal; Oct 09, 2021 at 07:48 AM.
Sep 27, 2021, 11:56 AM
2021 EDF Jet Jam June 10-12
Ed,
I replied to your PM and email with dates and hotel information.
We are not ready to discuss any other details at this time.
Thanks,
Bob
Oct 07, 2021, 07:57 PM
I have built several BVM jets for customers, 4 Mibo-Jets A-10's, countless others along with many arfs. For this level of build I would start at $30,000 and go up from there depending on scale detail. ie, sliding canopy, full cockpit, lighting and so on. This would be for a RTF model. I wish you luck, the molds and parts look very nice.
Oct 09, 2021, 07:34 AM
A-6 & B-47 OCD
Thread OP

Assembly Charge

Description:

Fred,

Thank you for your input. Its interesting to read you would charge $30,000.

"For this level build" is at the root of my question. What led you to think the MAC6's would be any different than one of the original BVM or Yellow Aircraft kits?.

An opening canopy would be an understandable challenge considering our canopy is not designed to slide open...what else appears to be difficult?
Last edited by FliteMetal; Oct 09, 2021 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply