Jul 26, 2005, 01:02 AM
Thread OP

Asking for Peoples Experience with Prescription Wrap Sunglass Lenses for Flying???

Asking for Peoples Experience with Prescription Wrap Sunglass Lenses for Flying???

Hi,

I am thinking of getting some prescription lenses placed into my Ray Ban "Flight Extreme" Frames...as currently I am putting them over my specs and that doesn't work to well...The Optometrist says that this is possible, but before I part with the biggish bucks they are asking for, I would like to hear others opinion. (I don't want contacts.)

There are two types of lenses,

standard optical tinted glass
and;
a type of lense called "Spazzio" (true, that is what they are called, they are Italian or something) These Spazzio lenses claim to have no distortion in the wrap.

I have a fairly light prescription for Long Distance viewing.

Has any one had experience with either types of these lenses in glasses with consderable wrapping around the face...?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2005, 07:55 PM
I have a pair of perscription Ray Bans. I love them for flying. They are not complete wrap around though but the sun is usually at my back where I fly. Make sure you get polarized lenses in a grey tint. They work the best. Gray tint allows you too see colours clearly.

I'm not sure if you really need the Spazio lenses. You cant see 90 degrees to the left or right anyway. I just have standard lenses and they're fine. You do get what you pay for but a lot of this new stuff is useless.
Jul 26, 2005, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
The curve on these metal frame ray bans are Standard 8 base curves or something like that...They arn't wraps, but have considerable curve on them...
Jul 27, 2005, 05:38 AM
The reviewer
I just go to 39DollarGlasses.com and get a pair of tinted prescription glasses for a tiny fraction you pay elsewhere. Mine are *great*!
Jul 27, 2005, 08:47 PM
You might want to check out www.zurichsunglasses.com. They have styles that fit over presc. lens and get rave reviews from the R/C press, etc.

Quick Reply