What the Heck Wednesday - The Eagle Has Landed...HARD

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have a video showing a maiden flight attempt on an RC Eagle.

Splash

RC Eagle Loop of Death

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have a video showing a maiden flight attempt on an RC Eagle. These planes look so majestic mimicking real life birds and they always turn heads at the flying field. This one is turning heads for different reason though. The maiden flight attempt was filmed and provides us with a spectacular fail on launch. As the pilot throws the Eagle, it pitches up before he even releases and it continues to nearly complete a full loop. That pesky ground get in the way though so the Eagle ends up nose first into the dirt.

So what happened here? The pilot gives a solid explanation at the end of the video so if you want to play along and guess in the comments here, stop the video after the slow motion portion of the crash.

If you have a video of a weird or entertaining crash and would like to be featured on What the Heck Wednesday, please send me a PM with your submission.

Sep 15, 2021, 09:15 AM
I'd rather be Flying
OK, I haven't watched to the end of the video to hear his explanation. I think I see a couple of things.

Looks like he has up thrust in the prop.
Too much decalage.
Perhaps tail heavy.
Yesterday, 06:38 AM
TOK
TOK
That was a real bad launch. Even if it was tail heavy, he may have been able to land it if he gave it decent forward momentum.

Quick Reply