Sep 14, 2021, 08:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

I.D. This large airplane

I picked this up today for $12.50. At first glace, I was thinking a kit bashed Telemaster, but now Im not so sure. About an 8 Wing span. Any ideas?
Regardless, I plan on using it as a glider tug
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2021, 06:34 AM
it is a telemaster but the stab is located further back or rudder/fin is forward but Telemaster all the way.
Sep 15, 2021, 08:57 AM
Yep. rcav8r is right. That's a modified Telemaster, price was a steal - hope it flies OK
Sep 15, 2021, 11:00 AM
Thread OP
My thought too, but the more I look at it, the more I believe its something else. Look at the front of the fuse.
Regardless, I put a large 4 stroke in it this morning. and have it tuned pretty well. May try to fly it this afternoon. My purchase price actually $25 for two large models, including the 4 stroke engine.
Sep 15, 2021, 11:10 AM
If by Rudyard Kipling
Quote:
Originally Posted by thercav8r
it is a telemaster but the stab is located further back or rudder/fin is forward but Telemaster all the way.
Yup. I have it in red and orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seng30904
My thought too, but the more I look at it, the more I believe its something else. Look at the front of the fuse.
Regardless, I put a large 4 stroke in it this morning. and have it tuned pretty well. May try to fly it this afternoon. My purchase price actually $25 for two large models, including the 4 stroke engine.
But yours shouldn't fly any different. .40 two stroke, or a .52 four stroke, it will fly perfectly fine. Never had one that didn't. Take off and landing speed is the same as walking speed. Fun stuff. They fly even better without a landing gear!
The wings and tail wing are unmistakable. The nose cutting on the cheeks are just shaping, doesn't mean much other than maybe they aren't good at sanding, or it survived a rough landing. Each one is built subtly different. The red ARF isn't as close a match. More photos of the fuselage on one of the kit style fuselages. Hope that helps.

I never bought a $25 plane with a 4 stroke included, in my life.
You could go back and ask him "Where are all the props and glow plugs that are supposed to come with it?"
Did you at least get a stuffed flight box in the deal?
Perhaps he's got a box of DuBro and Sullivan hardware in the closet he forgot about that you can have too, laying on top of a Gemini twin, NIB?
I'm just preparing myself so I don't fall out of my chair twice in one day.
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Sep 15, 2021 at 12:33 PM. Reason: more fuselage photos to help compare
Sep 15, 2021, 12:40 PM
Nice score, but I would add some colors to the covering scheme, or that thing will totally blend in with the sky!
Sep 15, 2021, 12:55 PM
You got 2 large planes with a 4 stroke for only 25 US Dollars??!!

I hate you
Sep 15, 2021, 01:50 PM
Thread OP
Yes. Things moving pretty fast. At the field now to maiden airplane #1
Airplane #2 still at the house. I don’t know what it is either though
Well, maiden went good:
Telemaster ish glow plane. (1 min 34 sec)
Last edited by seng30904; Sep 15, 2021 at 02:33 PM.
Sep 15, 2021, 01:51 PM
If by Rudyard Kipling
I think I'm more jealous of the Suburban now.
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Sep 15, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
Sep 15, 2021, 03:10 PM
#2 is probably a bashed Kadet, probably a senior based on the leading edge. Size?
Sep 15, 2021, 03:25 PM
Thread OP
Wing span is close to 6.5. It has a very wide chord. . Im exactly 6
Last edited by seng30904; Sep 15, 2021 at 03:33 PM.
Sep 15, 2021, 06:27 PM
seng3 after seeing that video I think you better lay low because I heard the cops chasing after some guy that stole a couple of airplanes and a 4-stroke engine.
Sep 15, 2021, 06:54 PM
If by Rudyard Kipling
Seng3, you got nothing to worry about, that Telemaster blends in nicely with the sky.
Sep 15, 2021, 07:14 PM
Thread OP
Every once in a while, you run across a great deal. Both were listed on f/b. From the photos on f/b, I initially thought that they were both 40 size models.upon arriving, I realized these were like 60-90 size. My wife and I spent a solid hour cleaning yrs of accumulated dust, dirt, and grime from them last night. Servo tester verified all servos operational. The engine turned over, but had zero compression. I removed the valve cover and noted the intake valve stuck open. I heated the cylinder head with a heat gun, and applied a liberal shot of PB blaster to the valve guide, and the valve popped back into position.
Removed the old fm receiver, and added my own. Instead a Nimh battery, checked all controls, and went flying.
The pink one (which I do believe is a kit bashed Sig senior Kadet) is next.
All just for fun! Thanks
Sep 16, 2021, 09:48 AM
AMA 537620
Very strange mod as it already is very stable with that lifting stab. But it will only be even more stable with the stab that far back. lol

Nice deal.

Quick Reply