Sep 12, 2021, 05:13 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Jeti Telemetry lost warning?

Hello.

Periodically, my Scorpion Tribunus II ESC will lose telemetry sync with the radio (All other telemetry continues fine)

I have a Central Box 210 connected to a Rex 7, and Rex 7A with the 7A as the primary. My ESC Data channel was connected into the 7A, but is not connected into the Central Box with a completely different wire. Not sure why the ESC telemetry stops. Repowering the ESC is the only way to get it back. (has anybody else seen this, any suggestions?)

It will lose sync anywhere from seconds to minutes into the flight, with no apparent rhyme or reason as to cause/effect.

This is a problem, because I rely on telemetry to indicate battery SOC and also have voltage warnings set up. When the ESC sync is lost, there is no apparent way to draw my attention to this fact via an alarm.... does anybody know of a way (Perhaps a LUA app) to generate such a warning? My flight times with this plane have varied between 6 minutes of high energy and 16 minutes of low E stuff.... Flying to a timer is really not a good option.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2021, 09:43 PM
Thread OP
Well following up on this ... still no solution.

Replaced the ESC with another tribunus of same model and had the same intermittent issue. This is on the third set of wiring between ESC and Centralbox 210. Also using different exbus ports. The telemetry on 4 other devices continues (standalone temp sensor for motor, Rex 7, Rex 7A, and Centralbox 210)

I use different Tribunus ESC's with no issues on other planes and Heli's and never had any issue, but this is, by far, the most complex exbus configuration. I have a couple more things to try but they are long shots and I do not hold out much hope. Probably end up with a MUI 200 to do the job I wanted the ESC to do.

If anybody has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Mike
Oct 01, 2021, 10:33 AM
Have you tried connecting it to the CB210 instead of directly into the REX7A ? In other words swapped the temp sensor and ESC data ?
Oct 03, 2021, 06:45 AM
Thread OP
Yep, all telemetry now goes directly to CB210
Oct 18, 2021, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcfly
This is a problem, because I rely on telemetry to indicate battery SOC and also have voltage warnings set up. When the ESC sync is lost, there is no apparent way to draw my attention to this fact via an alarm.... does anybody know of a way (Perhaps a LUA app) to generate such a warning? My flight times with this plane have varied between 6 minutes of high energy and 16 minutes of low E stuff.... Flying to a timer is really not a good option.
There is a Lua programm called "Calculated Capacity". Unfortunately I didn't have time to translate the manual to english. But the program itself is in german and english, so it should be possible to use it.
I fly all my elecric aircraft and turbine jet with this program and use telemetry as a backup only.

Here is the link: https://swiss-aerodesign.com/calculated-capacity/

Regards, Walter
Nov 06, 2021, 04:18 PM
Thread OP
Hibernating thread for winter time.

I had installed a MUI 200 inline with the ESC in order to get some telemetry I could count on.

Interesting fact is that the MAH and current did not match between the MUI and the Tribunus. The MUI was reading about 15% to 20% lower. This is with the external BEC after the MUI and of course before the ESC... so a bit confusing.

I plan on building an EXbus snooper over the winter out of a Arduino and sd card interface. Hopefully it will provide some insights as to what is actually going on in between the Tribunus and the CB210 when I am back flying in the spring.

Hope everybody has a healthy and fun building season.

Mike
Nov 08, 2021, 09:23 AM
Electrified User
That would be interesting. I find my Mui's tend to line up pretty well with what I put back inthe packs.

Quick Reply