Originally Posted by bigbobed
Looked there, didn't find it.
Hi Robert, I have sent you the files mate .. give them a go if you want to

Lockey
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2021, 06:17 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thread OP
When printing my files (especially the BIG / LONG parts) .. it a good idea (if your bed is big enough) to always print with the parts facing forward on the bed because there is less chance of banding due to the fact that the bed only moves backward and forward and the most movement is on the head (X axis)

When the part is placed diagonally on the bed, both X and Y axis have to move a lot more and cause more banding ( due to the slight wobble at the top of the part) .. of course, sometimes it cannot be avoided

Hope this makes sense

Lockey
Sep 12, 2021, 08:19 PM
Retired CAD guy
I have both printers cranked up.

Things are looking good.
Sep 12, 2021, 08:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
I have both printers cranked up.

Things are looking good.
Looking good Bob .. are you able to use my G-codes with your Delta printer ?

Lockey
Sep 12, 2021, 08:36 PM
Thread OP
By the way, I forgot to add the TPU hinges ... you can print your own hinges from TPU or use other means

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Sep 12, 2021 at 08:50 PM.
Sep 12, 2021, 09:08 PM
Retired CAD guy
No I had to reslice for the Delta.

I am a little worried too as it seems a bit TOO Thin walled!

I may just use it for the Double height Fuse part in ABS.
Sep 12, 2021, 09:12 PM
Retired CAD guy
Also ...

I had those wheels I printed in TPU break und too much pressure or bending.
I am referring to those spring-spoked no-tire wheels.

So unless I have the wrong or off-brand TPU I will continue with my older traditional hinging.
Sep 15, 2021, 06:10 AM
Thread OP
Started printing the bigger twin ... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post47821131

Lockey
Sep 15, 2021, 07:10 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
By the way, I forgot to add the TPU hinges ... you can print your own hinges from TPU or use other means

Lockey
I have never printed in TPU. My way to make this style hinge is to cut them out of old floppy disc material. The base material is Mylar which is very strong and the coating glues very well with thin CA.
Sep 15, 2021, 09:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I have never printed in TPU. My way to make this style hinge is to cut them out of old floppy disc material. The base material is Mylar which is very strong and the coating glues very well with thin CA.
Whatever is best for you Richard

Lockey
Sep 15, 2021, 11:06 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
Whatever is best for you Richard

Lockey
It's Bob.
Sep 15, 2021, 05:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
It's Bob.
Sorry Bob, don't know what made me say Richard .. senior moment

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Sep 15, 2021 at 06:22 PM.
Sep 16, 2021, 12:47 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
All the gcode files printed fine except FUZ 2 and FUZ 3. Were too far off center on my I3 Mk3.
Locky, what prop are you running? I have a Hacker A20 that's a little lower kv than what you're using but fits fine and I'm sure it has enough power.
Sep 16, 2021, 07:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
All the gcode files printed fine except FUZ 2 and FUZ 3. Were too far off center on my I3 Mk3.
Locky, what prop are you running? I have a Hacker A20 that's a little lower kv than what you're using but fits fine and I'm sure it has enough power.
Sorry about the printing of Fuz 2 and 3, I should have twisted them for the Prusa

I am running a 8x4.5 prop on the motor I am using .. not sure what size prop you will need for your motor ?

Lockey
Sep 17, 2021, 10:39 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
Sorry about the printing of Fuz 2 and 3, I should have twisted them for the Prusa

I am running a 8x4.5 prop on the motor I am using .. not sure what size prop you will need for your motor ?

Lockey
Don't know what plane I had the Hacker in. The prop on it is an 8 x 3.8. Could go to a 9 x 4.5 if I have to.
I was able to slice Fuz 2 & 3 in S3D in vase mode. Printed fine.

Quick Reply