This thread is privately moderated by FeiJi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 10, 2021, 09:16 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Round Delta Dihedral Foam Flatplate

This is a Frankenstein version of the Nutball/IFO/Bug/Heart Shaped Flyer/Albatross foam plane. No step, just flatplate.
9mm EPP, all laminated with copy shop laminate, 2212 1400kv motor/8inch prop/800mah lipo/ 350 grams AUW, 23inch WS.
Just maidened and it flies really nice, like a conventional airplane when I want and also can do high alpha and really fast rolls but when I let
go of the stick, the dihedral flips it upright so I don't get lost during the roll.
Needs more flying to get a real handle on it but it is pretty cool.

Fun to fly but ended up in tree. Had to tape together a bunch of fishing pole sections and a walking stick together then stood on seat of ebike
to poke it down but got it back. Love how it rights itself if I let go of sticks. Is a bit too heavy and loops are weird and underpowered for some
reason - too heavy I guess. Maybe so tail heavy that it can't drop the nose easily to loop. CG is rather far back but battery is as far forward as possible so guess I may have to add some weight to nose or just give it some throttle.
Last edited by FeiJi; Sep 12, 2021 at 09:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply