Jul 25, 2005, 11:04 AM
Thread OP

Ditched my power-tool charger....use my airplane charger now.

Kind of OT.....but applicable advise for those with power-tools who are in our hobby.

I get MUCH BETTER and more consist charges when I use my peak-detection chargers (Dymond SuperTurbo and Hitec 330) on my 18v power-tool batteries.

Pullin'
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2005, 02:39 PM
Do you go in thur the charger plug (if it has one), or connect directly to the ears on the pack?

I cycled a couple of mind but had to use kind of a wierd setup to connect to the tabs. Looks something like this:
Jul 25, 2005, 03:13 PM
ElectriGlo Pilot
I tried this with my smaller hobby drill going thru the charge jack, just snipped off the charger wallwart and used the plug with a couple banana plugs soldered on. It seems to have a lot of resistance somewhere though as my Triton wont go over a few 100 ma.. thinking of trying to buy one of the unwired connectors at radio shack and soldering some heavier wire and bananaplugs on that and see if it'll charge any faster.
Jul 25, 2005, 04:13 PM
Trog,

Usually, the charge jack has a diode or some circuitry like a Tx so that you can't reverse discharge or overcharge. That's probably why.
Jul 25, 2005, 04:32 PM
ElectriGlo Pilot
can you measure voltage thru a diode? That works..??

Quick Reply