Sep 09, 2021, 04:15 AM
A geriatric flier
Thread OP
Help!

Pilot 67" Slick

I have jst taken delivery of the 67" Slick and have a problem, or think I have a problem. The stab does not fully engage into the slot in the fuse. I could go 3mm further forward to fully engage in the slot. As it is the stab has 2 deg positive incidence compared with the wing.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2021, 01:27 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
If the stab is absolutely, positively as far in as it will go, then it looks like you'll need to do some carving to even things out. Looks like some wood is blocking where the covering is open to show where it should go.
The gap in the covering underneath also looks like where it lines up.
There should be 0 degrees of incidence.
So either the frame is wonky or the covering.
My suggestion it to take out the stab and do some line ups with a ruler from the POV of the opening to the wing and then with the covering to the wing to figure out which, if either, is right.
Sep 09, 2021, 03:15 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Inspect carefully inside and check if there is no excess glue on the corners or something else which could be preventing the stab from sliding until its stop.
I have a Slick 74" which has the same type of fitting and it installed perfectly.
Ronaldo
Sep 09, 2021, 10:35 PM
A geriatric flier
Thread OP
Thanks guys. I think the wing incidence should be zero zero. I asked the question here because I had a Pilot Edge 540 and I assembled it and didn't check the wing/stab incidence during the assembly. The stab on that had about one and half degree positive angle compared to the wing. It flew like a dog and whilst I played about with it trying to improve it, it ended up in the bin. The problem was taken up with Pilot and they were not interested. Likewise I have taken the Slick problem up with the supplier and they are not interested, neither would they tell me what the wing incidence should be.
Sep 25, 2021, 07:48 AM
The stab is +2 compared to what? Don't always trust the canopy base. It's almost never a zero. I would try to get the stab and motor to zero while the wing is +.5
That would be my starting point if you don't just try what's built in first.
Last edited by nappyroots2182; Sep 26, 2021 at 08:00 AM.
Oct 08, 2021, 05:27 AM
A geriatric flier
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182
The stab is +2 compared to what? Don't always trust the canopy base. It's almost never a zero. I would try to get the stab and motor to zero while the wing is +.5
That would be my starting point if you don't just try what's built in first.
As you are probably aware there are pins in the rear and front of the wing roots which locate the wing into the fuse. Those pins are on the centre line of the wing. I put a rod through the holes in the fuse and zero the level of the fuse on those rods. The 2 deg+ is compared to that.

Quick Reply