Sep 08, 2021, 03:59 PM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
Discussion

Ermolin Prop mount rubber bands

After not having much luck getting a source or info from Ruslan Ermolin for prop mount rubber bands I thought I'd ask if anyone here has found a source. I"ve looked at the ones used on tooth braces and they seem to only go up to around 1/4" dia.
Also looked at ones used for pony tails etc but they are too big.

EDIT: Just looked at the bands today and after being off the prop for a couple days I see they shrunk a lot. Now that they are relaxed it appears they approximately 6mm dia, however they seem to be pretty thick for such small bands, so I guess now the question is more like has anyone used dental bands for this purpose?
Last edited by crossup; Sep 08, 2021 at 04:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2021, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossup View Post
After not having much luck getting a source or info from Ruslan Ermolin for prop mount rubber bands I thought I'd ask if anyone here has found a source. I"ve looked at the ones used on tooth braces and they seem to only go up to around 1/4" dia.
Also looked at ones used for pony tails etc but they are too big.

EDIT: Just looked at the bands today and after being off the prop for a couple days I see they shrunk a lot. Now that they are relaxed it appears they approximately 6mm dia, however they seem to be pretty thick for such small bands, so I guess now the question is more like has anyone used dental bands for this purpose?
Not for the purpose you're asking about but more on a durability point. I've used dental bands for years as free flight dethermaliser bands and they last for quite a long time. For a given size, say 1/4" you can get several strengths as well. I literally threw an empty bag away yesterday that had the various strengths for 1/4" size as well! I know for definite you can get 5/16". Do a search under "Orthodontic bands"
Sep 23, 2021, 11:56 AM
Pezzer Catheter
Sep 23, 2021, 08:40 PM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
Its cut from the catheter tube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29rus
Pezzer Catheter
Sep 24, 2021, 12:44 AM
yes!

Quick Reply