Sep 08, 2021, 02:31 PM
Can't Leave Anything Stock
Thread OP
Build Log

TT02R Killerbody GTR34 mod/pic heavy

Alright, the time has come.

I picked up a TT02R a little while ago and a literal TON of upgrades. I bought the GTR body already finished, So I can't take credit for the paint job LOL.

I like tinkering and photography, along with fast cars and women

Here is the mod list copied from my Youtube video (I'll include that link as well).
Tamiya TT02R 1/10th Scale - 47326
KillerBody GTR34 1/10th Scale Body (Finished)
Tamiya Polycarbonate Smoke Spray (sides and back) - PS-31
YeahRacing Complete Aluminum Upgrade kit - YEA-CK-TT02BU
Winter Evening TT02 Full Rubber Bearing Set - 8561
Tamiya TT02 Type S Aluminum Steering - 54965
Tamiya Aluminum Turnbuckle Shaft - 54250 (Used one for servo turnbuckle)
Tamiya TT02 Aluminum Servo Mount - 54977
Tamiya Hi-Torque Servo Saver W Aluminum Horn - 54799 (Replaced with solid servo horn due to off center issue caused by the servo saver)
Tamiya Aluminum Hi-Torque Servo Saver Cap - 54863
Savox Black Edition Metal Gear Low Profile Servo - SC1251MG-BE
Hobbywing EZRun MAX10 4000KV BS and MAX10 ESC - HWI38010204
FlySky GT3B 2.4 GHz 3-Channel Tx - FS-GT3B
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turnigy 4000mAh Hardcase 2s Lipo 30-60C Discharge - 192922
HSP 1/10 40R Foam Tires 3mm Offset
15mm Extension 12mm Wheel Hex Adaptors
Gearing - Tamiya 64T Spur High Speed Gearset/29T Pinion
Front Diff - YeahRacing Lock Block
Rear Diff - Lots of Tamiya AntiWear Grease
DF02 Metal Diff Gears - Parts Bag A
Shocks - 3 Hole Non-V Pistons, Front - Silver TC kit springs, Rear - Hardest Springs in the YeahRacing Kit (Black)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't say I recommend the Yeah Racing full aluminum upgrade kit. Bent\broke all 4 adjustable arms in a rather short period of time. Replaced with upper plastic kit parts for now, Though I miss the adjustability. Being this is a basher\future drag racer, stock geometry isn't terrible at all.

I've added alot of 1/10th scale accessories and added the carbon vinyl wrap myself(first time). Added tow straps, Stainless muffler tip, cut out the front grille and mounted an intercooler. Even customized the light harness to add and dim a few LEDs. Also went for those iconic Skyline tail lights. Got close, but you can see the imperfections.

Youtube vid (before I added a bunch of stuff)
Tamiya TT02R GTR34 KillerBody Bashing (3 min 5 sec)

And some of my favorite pics!
Enjoy!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2021, 02:43 PM
Thread OP

And more. Lighting and current look

Heres some pics of me modding the light harness to dim the front markers, and add the blue corner lights. The tail lights were a little tricky. Luckily the light buckets came off without messing with the paint. Also pictured is the upgrade to a solid servo horn that completely got rid of the off-center steering issue after turning, commonly caused by the plastic block that the servo springs ride against.
Sep 09, 2021, 03:55 PM
Low budget fun
Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! The lights are spot on as well. Thanks for sharing.
Sep 09, 2021, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT View Post
Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! The lights are spot on as well. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. I really enjoy doing the scale stuff. It's "almost" done LOL. Its a little wild on 3s. But I'm waiting on the NB4 coming in, As well as a UFL to SMA wifi adaptor to use on my GT3B for a detachable antenna. Though I didn't drive far due to the Tx antenna being messed up, Way more straight now. Also came across a "top secret" TT02 steering mod that removes so much play from the front suspension/steering setup. Not sure if its actually top secret but holy cow does it work.
Oct 30, 2021, 09:40 AM
Thread OP

New videos!

Dusk 2s bashing
TT02R-GTR R34 Quick Bash Vid With Slow-Mo (3 min 28 sec)

Light 3s bashing
TT02R-GTR34 Light 3S Bashing (6 min 20 sec)

Futaba Gyro comparison (slow-mo)
TT02R-GTR Futaba GYC441 AVCS Off(0) VS Low(20) (0 min 26 sec)

Slow-mo cuts with sparks
TT02R-GTR with sparks! (2 min 13 sec)

Quick Reply