Jul 24, 2005, 01:48 PM
Thread OP

Can I replace my ch.5 on/off switch with a rotary knob?

I have an Eclipse7 Tx and need proportional control on ch.5 so that I can control a sweep wing on an F-14.

I'll also need to program a mix to give some up elevator as the wing sweeps back. I think this can be done with the ch.7 knob but I'd have to use my heavier Super SLim 8 Rx. I'd like to be able to use my Berg 5 Rx.

I may contact Hitec to order one of their rotary knobs that are on ch.6 &7.
Hopefully, their rotary knob will fit the hole that holds the togle switch.

I haven't done any delicate soldering like on a pc board but I could handle replacing a switch since the soldering would be done at the switch, I think.?

Has anyone done this before? Would this work OK?

David
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2005, 03:25 PM
That tree again!!!!
I have eclipse 7. I don't think you can do that on Ch5. I could be wrong. The CH5 in different mode (airplane, heli, glider acts differently). In heli mode, the CH5 is controlled internally and not by that Ch5 switch. That means CH5 switch is not physically translated to CH5 output. With Berg 6, you can program CH5 to act as Ch7. but I'm not sure about Berg 5.

thanh
Jul 24, 2005, 04:25 PM
Dimension Engineering
Could you use a free mix to mix channel 7 and channel 5? Then just don't touch the ch5 switch and use channel 7 for your swing.

Make channel 7 the master, make channel 5 the slave, and make the amount 100%
Jul 24, 2005, 04:56 PM
Thread OP
I haven't done any mixing yet but I need to with this plane.

I need a channel to operate the wing sweep servo (5 or 7) and the slave needs to be ch2 (elevator). You have to mix for about 1/4" up elevator when you sweep the wings aft.

The ServoSence Currrent Loger will slow down the servo for a slower scale like sweep but the elevator would come up instantly.

With proportionate control the elevator comes up gradually as the wing sweeps. A 3 position switch on ch5 would be good since this plane flys best at mid-sweep.

I haven't seen the Berg 6. I'll check that out.

Thanks
David
Jul 24, 2005, 05:10 PM
Dimension Engineering
A servosense won't slow the servo down. I think you're thinking of Dionysus Design's servo slower.
Jul 24, 2005, 06:42 PM
Thread OP
Just checked, yeah, it's the Dionysus servo rate reducer.

I found the Berg6 at RC-Direct but they only show it in 50 mhz.

I can program ch5 to be ch6 with my Berg5. I have a rotary control for ch6 to be used for flaps or left aileron. I think I can operate the wing sweep servo with the ch6 (VR1) knob as flap control. With flaperon funtion off, it shouldn't effect ch1....I think.

Ch1 & ch2 are elevons, ch4 for rudder. So I think I can use ch6 to operate the wing sweep servo and use one of the programmable mixers to use ch2 as the slave to get my elevon mix.

I think someone mentioned mixing ch6 & 2 but I thought ch1 & ch6 worked together for left/right ailerons.. With elevon mix on, does that mean ch1 won't effect ch6 as with aileron/flaperons, so ch6 can be used for a seperate function? I hope so. Problem solved, or is it?

I got off topic but that about covers it.

David

Quick Reply