Sep 04, 2021, 07:49 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Add camera Gimbal to Matek F722 Se

HI all,

I have been out of the hobby for over 18 years and just started to get back into it. I have built an hexacopter from scratch and got it up and flying. I want to add a gimbal camera to it for learning fpv and to move camera when i am out over the water to drop fishing baits. I have the Matek F722 SE Flight controller and looking at what gimbal i can use.

I have found this "http://hobbyking.com/en_us/gh3-3d-3-axis-camera-gimbal-black.html?wrh_pdp=6&utm_source=google&utm_medium= cpc&utm_campaign=google_au_shopping&countrycode=AU &gclid=Cj0KCQjwssyJBhDXARIsAK98ITRb2E2WgaB9cisR9cF xaIbK-zI97DqIfuo8cDp4fQ5zALTosHliESkaAi3sEALw_wcB&___sto re=en_us" will it work with this flight controller its discounted at the moment. I know this flight controller cant handle brushless motor gimbals but this gimbal comes with a controller

It seems to only have one signal input. Or what gimbal can i use. I want to be able to fly out behind the breaker waves and drop my line and get the drone to hold position and then move the camera with my radio to check for gutters and fish schools etc. I am using Inav as the software.

Thanks
Bruce
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2021, 02:20 AM
Usually those type of brushless gimbals are used in a stand-alone config. You just use a spare RC channel (knob/slider) on your radio to control the tilt function. No need for a connection to the FC. A PWM output of your receiver is all you need.

Beware though, using the video-out of an actioncam has some latency in it. Not suitable for flying fast. Also, when your action cam blacks out due to whatever reason, you'll lose your live stream. Better to have a dedicated fpv camera + vtx for flying, and use the actioncam only for fancy filming in HD.

For info on what type of fpv, you'll need to do some googling:
Analog FPV: monitor or goggles, camera and Videotransmitter (Vtx) + antenna's.
Digital ($$$): DJI goggles + airunit or Fatshark Shark Byte.

All systems have their pro's and cons. Dig through all topics related to FPV and you'll get some sense of the possibilities.

*The gimbal function of a flightcontroller is usually to control servo driven gimbals. A rarity nowadays.

Quick Reply