1/5 DBXL-E 2.0 4WD Desert Buggy Brushless RTR with Smart, Fox

The original DBXL-E is the go to vehicle for large scale bashers and enthusiasts alike. Its agile handling, out of the box speeds and durability make it a fan favorite. Now the Losi® DBXL-E 2.0 continues to build on the legendary status!

Splash

DBXL-E 2.0 Desert Buggy

The original DBXL-E set the world on fire as the go-to vehicle for large scale bashers and enthusiasts alike. Its agile handling, out of the box speeds and durability make it a fan favorite. Now the Losi® DBXL-E 2.0 continues to build on the legendary status! Known worldwide for their dominance in the gas 1/5 market, especially with the 5IVE-T 2.0, Losi has built the DBXL-E 2.0 to be cleaner and easier to use, but with performance and speed that outruns the competition. At home in any environment from dirt to pavement, wet or dry, especially with its 4WD drivetrain with larger 5mm drive pins, the desert buggy makes sure all the power is put to the ground. Drivers stay in control with a DX3™ transmitter, a Spektrum SR6100AT 6 Channel AVC® Telemetry Surface Receiver, and scale-to-size Maxxis Creepy Crawler LT tires. This desert buggy features all the technological advances drivers demand including the Spektrum Firma® 160 Amp Brushless Smart ESC and Spektrum Firma 4-Pole 780Kv Brushless Motor allowing you to hit 50+ MPH with an 8 cell LiPo battery. Finally, the DBXL-E 2.0 has a Losi and Fox Shox race-inspired motorsports themed livery for that true off-road look. You get all this and more from the brand that represents the pinnacle of performance.

Video Overview

Losi DBXL-E 2.0 with SMART Tech; 1/5 4wd RTR Desert Buggy (3 min 33 sec)

Features

• Spektrum™ Firma® 160 Amp Brushless Smart ESC
  • Spektrum Firma 4-Pole 780Kv Brushless Motor
  • Spektrum DX3™ radio system
  • Spektrum S906 1/5th Scale Metal Gear Servo
  • Waterproof Components
  • Aluminum Shock Towers
  • Aluminum Center Diff Cup
  • Radio Tray designed for use with single or dual steering servos.
  • Heavy Duty Drivetrain with 5mm drive pins
  • Electric Chassis specific chassis braces for increased durability and strength
  • Updated ESC Mount
  • Pinned Center Outdrive Cups
  • Gearboxes updated for improved drivetrain strength and stability
  • Steering Rack with a helical servo saver design
  • Updated Front and Rear Bulkheads
  • Maxxis Creepy Crawler LT Tires
  • Losi and Fox Shox race-inspired Motorsports themed livery
  • Laser Etched FOX Logo Shock Caps
  • Roof-mounted LED bar

Photos

Learn More

For pricing and much more info click here.

Aug 30, 2021, 02:36 PM
Me and a guy with a mustache
I've always wanted to get one of these but the price stopped me...until now:

https://www.baileysart.com/products/...lto-desempenho

Lol!
Aug 30, 2021, 04:26 PM
lol! No way that's legit.
Sep 01, 2021, 01:58 PM
JohnVHRC
Ive been eyeballing one of these for months
Sep 01, 2021, 10:43 PM
Sticker Field Flyer
$1200 is retail price not what you pay for them, right? I figured it was new old stock of someone who went out of business and the website selling them. bought a boat load of them for 10 cents on the dollar.

They said 90% off and mentioned it cost $399 which might be what a Hobby Store is China buys them for.

I see BIG RC trucks at WalTart for around $50 all the time. that look almost as good as this Lossi but no brushless motor and electronic speed control etc.

It's a cool looking RC but 1200 bucks is way too much money for a toy.

I did a search on ebay and saw one that the seller claimed to have $2000 invested in it. unbelievable.
Sep 02, 2021, 10:37 PM
Me and a guy with a mustache
It's a Horizon Hobby product and they control the pricing and they sell it for $1200. That's not to say an independent hobby shop couldn't sell it for less, but they couldn't advertise it. As a former hobby shop owner and Horizon dealer, I'd say the dealer cost for that would be around $900. I don't see any dealer giving huge discounts given that kind of profit margin.

Comparing RC cars from Walmart and hobby grade cars is like saying a bicycle from Walmart is just as good as the bikes that they ride in the Tour de France. You cannot compare toy grade RC cars at Walmart to hobby grade RC cars. Completely different animals. Looks alone doesn't tell the story. The grade of materials, electronics, and engineering plays a big part in what a product will sell for. Plus someone has to pay for those Fox logo's. It ain't free.
Sep 03, 2021, 01:35 PM
Paul
I almost pulled the trigger on that. I hope it works out for you, but I'm too skeptical, and just don't want to waste time getting PP refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babblefish
I've always wanted to get one of these but the price stopped me...until now:

https://www.baileysart.com/products/...lto-desempenho

Lol!

Quick Reply