Jan 14, 2022, 02:59 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
The CZ floats finally came back in stock so I picked up a set and installed them on my Cessna 150T. I was able to get a couple flights on it off the snow and it flies great even with floats.
Video on the way?

RF
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2022, 10:01 AM
Our club has a super nice runway and is their smaller tires and wheel pants available?
Jan 15, 2022, 10:49 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Yes @ $22.99

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...0/EFL1408.html

I think…

RF
Last edited by Red Flyer; Jan 15, 2022 at 12:50 PM.
Jan 15, 2022, 11:51 AM
Yes on the smaller wheels and wheel pants. Horizon show them installed on the Cessna 150T at one point during their promotional video for the T on their website. I’m going to go that route with mine.
Jan 15, 2022, 08:03 PM

Tail wheel mod

For those that love to have a tail dragger handle great on the ground can make this easy mod . Take tail wheel strut off , straighten so that wheel is under pivot point on spring . It will not need heaver steering spings . You might have to bend a new strut , I was able to straighten mine . I also made a new control arm for the top . Steers great and I think it will work good if you want to taxi in reverse . Picture 1 is stock strut , bent so that it will caster . Picture 2 is with mod . I added a flat washer soldered to the strut to smooth out the tail wheel movement .

Hope you enjoy this mod as I do , Crazystick
Jan 16, 2022, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flyer
Video on the way?

RF
That’s the plan at some point. I’m hoping we get a day with some sun so the plane shows up nice. It was a gray and dreary day and not so good for video.
Jan 17, 2022, 12:32 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
That’s the plan at some point. I’m hoping we get a day with some sun so the plane shows up nice. It was a gray and dreary day and not so good for video.
14” of snow due overnight and in to tomorrow, here on Lake Ontario. It’s going to be a busy day with the snowblower. Our Club driveway isn’t plowed in the winter, so we will need some sun, sublimation and warmer temperatures to handle that.

I look forward to your video.

RF
Jan 17, 2022, 08:46 AM
Closed Account
Not the CZ 150, but a E flite 150 a lot of folks have probably forgotten about...

E-Flite Cessna 150 Aerobat ARF - Model AV8R Fun Flight (10 min 49 sec)
Jan 18, 2022, 06:38 AM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
GIANT Carbon-Z Cessna 150T 2.1m BNF Basic BEST Foam plane ever Unboxing (29 min 15 sec)
Jan 18, 2022, 09:42 AM
Horizon needs to hire this guy.
Cut his meds in half and he would sell a million planes for them. LOL
Jan 21, 2022, 09:46 AM
I just received my big box from local hobby store.

I see the instructions say the ESC is programed for six cell batteries.
I have some like new four cells.
Is it ok if I use them to start with?
The cut off would be different I suppose? I usually stop before that happens anyways.
Jim
Jan 21, 2022, 02:17 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim409
Horizon needs to hire this guy.
Cut his meds in half and he would sell a million planes for them. LOL
He basically kinda is as an Influencer.

I watch ALL his videos!

RF
Jan 22, 2022, 01:20 AM
Looking forward to getting mine
Jan 22, 2022, 09:56 AM
Mounting the motor I seem to not find any screws to thread into mounting holes.
UPDATE
I had them in the box.
Problem was the plastic before the blind nuts had a flange holding the 4mm bolt from screwing in.
Took my little electric drill and "just" removed a little outside plastic.
Success.
Last edited by Jim409; Jan 22, 2022 at 07:02 PM.
Jan 22, 2022, 01:39 PM
Crap means a trip to the local hobby shop ��

Quick Reply