Dec 04, 2021, 03:02 PM
Thread OP
if it was like the the acrobat mode on the radiolink byme A unit it self levels around mid stick but then switches off once you get to a certain point and you have full 3D capability then that would be pretty nice !

from the radio link manual

This mode is the combination of Stabilize Mode and Gyro Mode.
When the joystick is at center point, aircraft will level.
When toggle joysticks with small range, aircraft will move to the corresponding directions.
When toggle joysticks with large range, aircraft will rotate to the corresponding directions.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2021, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
if it was like the the acrobat mode on the radiolink byme A unit it self levels around mid stick but then switches off once you get to a certain point and you have full 3D capability then that would be pretty nice !

from the radio link manual

This mode is the combination of Stabilize Mode and Gyro Mode.
When the joystick is at center point, aircraft will level.
When toggle joysticks with small range, aircraft will move to the corresponding directions.
When toggle joysticks with large range, aircraft will rotate to the corresponding directions.
What I understand of all this is that in expert mode, it is partially gyrostabilized, but if you go hard on controls, you can still perform everything.
Hard on elevator to loop, hard on ailerons to roll, but if you let everything neutral afterwards, the ship is stabilizing itself on regular flight. If so, it might not be so damaging.
It would be interesting to know how it behaves in stall manoeuvers. For example, does this system allow for a stall turn, hammerhead style, or does it prevent the ship to stall when the pilot wants it to ?
If yes, well, good for me. If no, it is a little handicaping, but in no way too bad a thing.
Also, with this system, is it possible to fly inverted a short time, for example too perform a cuban eight or split S ?
Dec 04, 2021, 09:18 PM
Link to Andy's video....
Eachine BF109 / ME109 400mm Mini Warbird RC Airplane 2.4GHz 4CH - Unboxing + First Impression (27 min 25 sec)

Sure does look like he's got some problems there. Be interesting to prod any other reviewers to check theirs! With those wheels it certainly looks like he's copped a Friday afternoon special!
Dec 05, 2021, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztreecrasher
Link to Andy's video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxhbYIbs-pY&t=234s
Sure does look like he's got some problems there. Be interesting to prod any other reviewers to check theirs! With those wheels it certainly looks like he's copped a Friday afternoon special!
Well, I looked at it, and I saw what Andy's talking about. He also said despite this the ship was flying fine in expert mode, but not as good as the others. It seems to me, therefore, that the aileron issue is not the same in flight and on the ground, or the 109 would roll without input...
So I asked to him, and all 109 owners here, what is the behaviour of the craft in flight, trying to understand and help others understand the subtleties of this issue/feature...
Dec 05, 2021, 09:07 PM
*~*~*~Warbird Maniac~~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookami_81
Well, I looked at it, and I saw what Andy's talking about. He also said despite this the ship was flying fine in expert mode, but not as good as the others. It seems to me, therefore, that the aileron issue is not the same in flight and on the ground, or the 109 would roll without input...
So I asked to him, and all 109 owners here, what is the behaviour of the craft in flight, trying to understand and help others understand the subtleties of this issue/feature...
Fear not Ookami,
Me and my instructor tested this little bird more than 20 packs now since 26th December and with enough flight time on this Bf109, I can strongly said that, the weird tendency did not effect the flight characteristic of this plane.
be it in;
Gyro 1, Beginner mode
Gyro 2, Advance mode
Gyro 3, Expert mode (partially gyro)

something to note is that in Expert mode, you have to constantly move your sticks or it will lock into a position until you correct it. deadly while you in diving after exiting a aerobatic, excellent while you executing the aerobatic. (some feedback in the micro group at social media mention that this tendency look like in the micro Helis.)

Gyro 1
normal relaxing flying, nothing crazy here.

Gyro 2
you can do loops in Gyro 2, (not rolls) if you try to loop slot, it will stall, and the gyro will split the plane into a split S stall aerobatic? LOL

Gyro 3
you can do loop no issue, Roll as well without a sweet! but as for inverted, I somehow struggle, as in full up elevator for it to level. (but manage to pull it off)

I want to clear the negativity impression before the maiden flight Video.
So you guys can proceed with the purchase without worries

PS: not to go wild in expert mode as yesterday (last lipo) I experienced the aileron lock at one position resulting in incontrollable state and crashed (nothing major) just some scratches, a broken landing gear, and the prop survived. the Ail servo did not burnt, I just need to unplug the lipo, turn it back to neutral, and it works fine again.

I think this is either the servo gear got stuck? (after a intensive aerobatic movement) or the gear move pass it's limit and stuck a position...

Other than that all seems fine !
it does flew faster than all the Eachine warbird series. and 3 pilot in our field who did not fly micros went and purchase one for them self.
the 109 is a success i guess?

one more thing before I end sorry too much info I needed to share...
the 1s stock lipo 400mAh 20c got warm flying the 109's versus other Eachine models... Thus the brushed motor for the 109 seems to have more stress compare the rest. (we will see how long it will last)

Thanks for reading.. and enjoy your day Pilots.. Pilot Andy signing out! (back to real life)
Last edited by Andy Yuen; Dec 05, 2021 at 09:21 PM.
Dec 05, 2021, 10:31 PM
Just Plane Nutts
MODE 3 sounds like everyone is copying HH and adding a form of AS3X to their micros. If they do it right then that could be good.

MODE 1: "normal relaxing flying, nothing crazy here."

That's manual or expert mode for me

Under-cambered airfoil wings with high lift and high drag explain the poor inverted flight performance, since they try to create negative lift when upside down and you have to fly nose-high to create enough positive lift to fly inverted. Before these micros came about I only saw under-cambered wings on World War One biplanes or earlier birds. Even trainers had flat-bottom airfoils.

Maybe that's why I like the Ultrix so much. It's a big flying wing with a low drag symmetrical airfoil for a body. Flies as well belly-up as it does right-side-up, fast or slow.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Dec 05, 2021 at 10:38 PM.
Dec 06, 2021, 04:57 AM
Looks like they may have screwed these up......

Eachine BF109 400mm Maiden flight problems RC RTF Beginner plane Desert Yellow mini (10 min 48 sec)

Might be needing to replace the board in these too......looks like they've changed the control board.
Last edited by m0t0rhead; Dec 06, 2021 at 05:23 AM.
Dec 06, 2021, 06:07 AM
crni škanjac
not looking good......
except for the opening under the board.......
Dec 06, 2021, 06:32 AM
Yes at least it has easier access - got one spare 76105 board and with both a 109 and the Spitfire inbound - they're in country and with the postal service expected delivery between Dec 8th - 13th.

Also just ordered two additional V761 76105 boards.....
Dec 06, 2021, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztreecrasher
Link to Andy's video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxhbYIbs-pY&t=234s
Very similar issue I had with my Mustang some month ago.
Plane could fly 15-20x times just perfectly then this could happened suddenly during the flight.
And it was cause of crash 3 times and finally completely destroyed the plane.
Dec 06, 2021, 01:39 PM
Thread OP
burnt servo - not enough power getting to it ??
I spotted a reply to an online video for one of the XK birds, person added a larger capacitor to the main board and that fixed the XK "sticking rudder" deal on the A160
Dec 06, 2021, 02:40 PM
I think this is random software glitch.
I took electronics from crashed Mustang out and ran bench test many times and this never happened again.
Dec 06, 2021, 03:27 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Has anyone considered RF interference on the 2.4ghz band? Could be one of these with super-cheap circuitry can be defeated just by somebody using their auto garage door opener.
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
Dec 06, 2021, 03:44 PM
I also have Trojan and flew it dozens and dozens and dozens times. Never had any issues.
My son flew his Trojan even more times and also had no issue.
I considered RF interference (we always have to ;-) ) but .... who knows
Dec 06, 2021, 05:25 PM
Just saw the Video of Petrincic Bros. Beautiful looking little plane, that seems to fly as good as the other 400 mm eachines. Unfortunately still more expensive, than the spitfire. But why not? 10 Euro more or less just equals 3 cups of Coffee in a Restaurant under Covid restrictions. The BF 109 promises more fun, than looking into panic faces in the Restaurant.

Quick Reply