Aug 25, 2021, 01:24 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

ZOHD Alpha Strike 620mm

ZOHD Alpha Strike 620mm Wingspan EPP Twin Bay FPV Flying Wing RC Airplane KIT/PNP

Description:

Far away from its “boxy-style” siblings, The Alpha Strike features new exciting lines, accompanied by an incredible performance. There is no doubt that long range FPV brings big rewards to the pilots, but that’s not for everyone. If you’re into high speed, proximity and acrobatics kind of action, this beast is going to be your new best friend. This short-mid range high-speed platform brings all the well known ZOHD trademarks (portability, high quality design and production) to a new thrilling level!

Specification:

Item Name: Alpha Strike

Material: High-Quality EPP

Wingspan: 620mm (24.41”)

Length: 650mm (25.59’’)

Motor: 2216-2200kv

ESC: 40A w/5v 3A BEC

Servos: 4.3g *2PCS

Propeller: 6*4.5

Wing size: 15.6 dm˛

MAX Flying Speed: 185+km/h

Recommended MAX takeoff weight: 900g

Recommended Battery:

4S 2200-3200mAh 50C or higher. Consider CG.

Recommendations:

Max. takeoff weight: 900g

Battery: 4S 2200 - 3200mAh 50C or higher. Consider CG.

Min. Speed: 25-33km/h

Max. Speed (with default power combo): 185+km/h

Features:

1. Innovative designed Sharp Airfoil and aerodynamic airframe.

2. ZOHD MKIII blended wing body configuration

3. Improved air rolling design to protect your gear

4. Innovative Twin Bay Design: Limitless options for setup

5. Detachable wing and tail fins, portable and easy to pack

6. EPP molded airframe, built-in carbon fiber spar for enhancement

7. Specially-designed servo arm “bunker” structure will protect your servo arm from impacts and minimize drag

8. Compatible with most of the racing quad power systems and FPV gear

9. Tefl0n skin protection to avoid scratches when landing

10. Molded marks for “CG” under the wing

11. Molded hand grip slots for a worry-free hand launch

12. Super stable flying performance

13. Looks AMAZING in the sky!

PNP Includes:

ZOHD Alpha Strike Flying Wing PNP with pre-installed motor, esc, servos, propeller, hardware.

PNP empty weight: 441g

PNP package size: 545*220*145mm

PNP package weight: 805g

KIT Includes:

ZOHD Alpha Strike Flying Wing KIT with hardware (no electronics).

KIT empty weight: 302g

KIT package size: 545*220*145mm

KIT package weight: 666g

to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2021, 11:38 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Looks like fun !
Sep 15, 2021, 08:58 AM
Anyone got theirs? How is it flying? Whick FC are you using?
Sep 16, 2021, 06:52 AM
My Is on the way to me.
I will use a matek F722wpx with inav. Runcam split if it fits in the nose. Well it looks like very smallin the nose.
But we will see it when it's there.
Sep 16, 2021, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
Anyone got theirs? How is it flying? Whick FC are you using?
Painless360 got his:
NEW!! ZOHD Alpha Strike: One quick little wing (full review and maiden flight footage) (27 min 35 sec)
Sep 29, 2021, 04:42 PM
Has anyone tried Arduplane with this wing?
Oct 01, 2021, 04:01 AM
Mine is on the way!
Oct 02, 2021, 10:18 PM
I got it today. The kopilot was tricky as hell to set up. I'm still not sure I got it right. I have a runcam split that I want to use till I test out my abilities. But I need a longer cam cable
Oct 03, 2021, 05:06 AM
I had 3 flights with my Alpha done now. And what should i say? I love it!!! Last flight i was to fast at the landing and killed my aileron. Now i fixed it and i hope i can fly again next week.
I used inav for my alpha with a Matek F722WPX and with autolaunch it take of so easy and with no problems.
Oct 03, 2021, 08:26 AM
Awap is my name, nothing else!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpse
I had 3 flights with my Alpha done now. And what should i say? I love it!!! Last flight i was to fast at the landing and killed my aileron. Now i fixed it and i hope i can fly again next week.
I used inav for my alpha with a Matek F722WPX and with autolaunch it take of so easy and with no problems.
Nice, I have my one waiting, also with a F722-WPX.
Did you use reflex 3 mm? What is your " fw_level_pitch_trim "? (I assume you mounted the FC level on the wooden base). What was your auto launch throttle?
I'm thinking to use in the servo mixer 60% or 65% on Elev and 35% or 40% on Roll.
Oct 03, 2021, 01:07 PM
I have mine waiting to be built and have a F722 WPX for it.

Liking what I see so far, it certainly has a lot going for it for those looking for outright performance as it looks likely to have pretty low Cd... although I do feel they could have improved it a lot more as (for a fast model) I think they went a wee bit OTT on the cooling with the 3 big NACA's, the centre one could have been enough for vtx and lipo cooling with an ESC tray on top of the fuse to allow the ESC to be cooled by the air flowing over the top of the fuse and both the side NACA's removed.. and thats something I may look at doing with mine.

I 100% wont be using these small plastic geared stock elevon servos for a model like this, thats for sure and urge anyone thinking of doing so, to rethink that.

I don't typically like ZOHD models but this one is a lot more appealing and IMO looks likely to be a big hit, What is everyone else's thoughts on it so far?

ALPHA STRIKE - MAIDEN- (4 min 5 sec)

Quick Reply