Aug 25, 2021, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
Whatever happened to the BIG American cars...We used to call them "Yank Tanks" lol
Most of us traded them in on BIGGER pickup trucks;-)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2021, 07:48 PM
Nice one Jim.......... You could get your whole squadron in that one... We have some here but they need 2 parking bays....They have been downsized too.
Aug 25, 2021, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Whatever happened to the BIG American cars...We used to call them "Yank Tanks" lol
Don’t know, never had or wanted one. I drive cars, not battleships. 🙂
Aug 25, 2021, 09:05 PM
B. Redeker - Portfolio Manager
Quote:
American cars are pretty much dead, there are only a few still being produced. Everyone drives trucks or sport utility vehicles. I am one of the odd ones that drives a Fiesta hatchback and hauls planes in the back of that thing. Everything but my Hobbyking B-17's will fit in my Fiesta. I borrow my wife's Ford Escape (Kuga in other parts of the world) to transport the B-17's.
Aug 25, 2021, 11:48 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimm1962
For transporting, what is the wingspan with the outer wing panels removed? Trying to figure out if it will fit in the trunk pass thru with the cars rear seats folded down.
Dang, I wish you would have asked on the livestream tonight or we would have measured. I am sure John will let us know at some point tomorrow.

GB
Aug 26, 2021, 02:51 AM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
It manages the terrible grass for Robert:

Avios KingTwin Turboprop Executive Airplane 1700mm BIG Scale PNF Maiden flight (27 min 6 sec)
Last edited by Andy852; Aug 26, 2021 at 03:05 AM.
Aug 26, 2021, 06:40 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
I ordered one. If pilot Robert and Capt Blaz like it it must be good! Would the reversing speed control from the Bush Mule work on this plane?
Aug 26, 2021, 06:46 AM
Aircraft Development Hobbyking
Great thank you. RVS ESC's would work on this for sure, though not particularly needed FYI.

S.
Latest blog entry: My Channel
Aug 26, 2021, 07:28 AM
SJ
SJ
Will take an Avios starship next time
Aug 26, 2021, 08:05 AM
Life Long Modeler
That would be cool for the Starship, but I doubt it. Im just happy to see a C-90. Id love to see a Piper Tomahawk come out. Maype a Pipeer Cheyenne. That would be a beast with 4 big paddle props.
Aug 26, 2021, 10:00 AM
JohnVHRC
Thread OP
Quote:
we have trucks and trailers
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!
Aug 26, 2021, 10:47 AM
Life Long Modeler
I have a Ram 1500 truck, but for hauling planes I use my Pacifica minivan. Lol
Aug 26, 2021, 12:05 PM
Aircraft Development Hobbyking
Damn John, and here I was all please with my new VW Touran for transporting models . That's a nice truck sir. There's a lot of F-150's and Rams over here in The Netherlands actually, but they are all converted to LPG, the only way you could afford to run them over here.

S.
Latest blog entry: My Channel
Aug 26, 2021, 12:46 PM
DFS#000178
My current airplane hauler is a 2018 Chevy Traverse. I love this thing.

The traditional big American family sedans has been replaced by the full-size crossover SUV.

Aug 26, 2021, 12:55 PM
JohnVHRC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Warne
Damn John, and here I was all please with my new VW Touran for transporting models . That's a nice truck sir. There's a lot of F-150's and Rams over here in The Netherlands actually, but they are all converted to LPG, the only way you could afford to run them over here.

S.
Thanks! I miss my Diesels, this one has the twin turbo v6, they call it an ecoboost, not sure why, nothing eco about it. haha
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!

Quick Reply