Aug 22, 2021, 09:14 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bruder Low Loader Trailer conversion to RC

been working on converting a Bruder Low Loader trailer to RC and adding some 3D Printed parts to replace damaged parts etc. It has turned out really well so far..... trouble is i just killed my Huina 580 excavator that I was building it for lol. Enjoy the videos.

Bruder low loader conversion, Ramps and lift arms. (5 min 23 sec)

Bruder trailer Conversion with £D prints and RC (0 min 50 sec)
Last edited by Rodeown; Aug 22, 2021 at 12:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2021, 12:03 PM
Very nice work! Your 3D printed parts look really good. Do you have the files for these parts uploaded anywhere? Ive been looking to get one of these trailers for my King Hauler.

How did you kill your 580??
Sep 08, 2021, 12:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13
How did you kill your 580??
I Knew my 580 had a track occasionally sticking so i had ordered some new track gearboxes and motors from HuinaConstructionToys in Australia, they had not arrived and i was testing the trailer by trying to drive the excavator up the ramp on to it, the left track locked up so i did forward back forward back a few times and it just stopped operating that track at that point i noticed a strange electronic burning smell and thought "whoops" or something similar :-D then acrid smoke started pour ing out of the battery compartment so i quickly popped the lid and disconnected the battery and rushed outside with it thinking i had a battery go pop but as i got outside i noticed the smoke was not coming from the battery, I rushed back in to see smoke still coming out of the 580. Turns out a esc drive chip for the left track had gone into meltdown with all the extra load the sticking drive motor had put it under. Really did a good job on it... i was devastated but did eventually find a place in Switzerland that had the 2nd edition board to order and that has arrived and been installed with the new motors/gearboxes and it is all up and running again.

Quick Reply