Aug 20, 2021, 02:15 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

FMA Business

After 36 years in business FMA, Inc has made the decision to cease business operations, effective August 31, 2021. Also ceasing operations is the brand Revolectrix. Started in 1985 by Fred Marks, FMA has proudly served the R/C Hobby Industry for 25 of its 36 years. The pandemic brought multiple challenges to manufacturing FMA’s products in Asia as disruptions in supply chains and multiple delays and staff shortages at our contract manufacturer all contributed to the decision. As owners and officers of FMA, my brother Tim and I are reaching retirement age and looking forward to pursuing other interests. Over the years we have made many friends in the business. We want to thank all those friends for the support and encouragement. Most of all we want to offer a special thanks to the thousands of customers who have made this family business a joy to operate. The Revolectrix and FMA websites, including both stores, REVO USA and REVO Singapore, will become inaccessible in the coming days. Phone and email service will continue until August 31. Our longest tenured employee and friend, Howard Matos, plans to continue serving the hobby community by offering a repair service for FMA and Revolectrix products. Howard’s efforts will be unrelated to the FMA and Revolectrix business. More information will be available from Howard soon.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2021, 05:56 PM
That is horrible horrible news
Aug 21, 2021, 12:12 AM
I am very sorry to hear this......however you could have mentioned this BEFORE you my billed my credit card this week. It would have been nice to have been notified i was getting an orphaned product with no way to order bump tags etc. I'm not all that happy about this.
But i do wish you well in your retirement
Aug 21, 2021, 02:14 PM
That’s a shame.

Just cancelled my order for the DPL8T I’ve been waiting on for 5 months.

I assume I will receive a full refund without any issue.
Aug 21, 2021, 02:26 PM
I received a broken DPL8T last week. Been struggling to get any support or help getting it fixed or replaced and now I see why.
Aug 21, 2021, 05:01 PM
RC Addict
Could you update the app so at least you loyal customers that have been with you for years can still use the App that we paid for?
Aug 21, 2021, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydee
Could you update the app so at least you loyal customers that have been with you for years can still use the App that we paid for?

Narrator: They won’t.
Aug 21, 2021, 06:04 PM
Will the company honor the 1 year warranty repair?
Aug 22, 2021, 12:06 AM
Garbage
Aug 22, 2021, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamel

Most likely not.
Aug 22, 2021, 02:55 AM
www.scotiarc.co.uk - OMP Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamel
Don't see how they can if the company is closed down? No website, no email., no phones, no-one employed.. nothing The announcement was vary careful to state that Howard Matos' repair service would be 'unrelated' to FMA (therefore not bound by any warranty that you might have had with FMA)
Aug 22, 2021, 03:38 AM
Sad news...

I wonder whether some of their software eg. CCS etc will still be available to download online in the future or whether FMA will release it to their existing customers as a final full software package so that we can install the current (last) version on other PC's in the future...?

Will be a bummer if we lose the CCS software which effectively kills off the great flexibility of their chargers.
Aug 22, 2021, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Marks
After 36 years in business FMA, Inc has made the decision to cease business operations, effective August 31, 2021. Also ceasing operations is the brand Revolectrix. Started in 1985 by Fred Marks, FMA has proudly served the R/C Hobby Industry for 25 of its 36 years. The pandemic brought multiple challenges to manufacturing FMA’s products in Asia as disruptions in supply chains and multiple delays and staff shortages at our contract manufacturer all contributed to the decision. As owners and officers of FMA, my brother Tim and I are reaching retirement age and looking forward to pursuing other interests. Over the years we have made many friends in the business. We want to thank all those friends for the support and encouragement. Most of all we want to offer a special thanks to the thousands of customers who have made this family business a joy to operate. The Revolectrix and FMA websites, including both stores, REVO USA and REVO Singapore, will become inaccessible in the coming days. Phone and email service will continue until August 31. Our longest tenured employee and friend, Howard Matos, plans to continue serving the hobby community by offering a repair service for FMA and Revolectrix products. Howard’s efforts will be unrelated to the FMA and Revolectrix business. More information will be available from Howard soon.

Are you declaring bankruptcy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aug 22, 2021, 10:34 AM
Sad news. I just received my Power Lab8 dual touch. Fortunately I also ordered a ton of bump tags with it, so if it keeps working I am all set. If it breaks within the "warranty" period, I will be pissed - but you pay your money and take your chances.
Aug 22, 2021, 12:39 PM
Shame - they have been great over the (many) years.

Quick Reply