Jun 20, 2001, 02:33 PM
WAR
WAR
Thread OP

Slowflyer Customer Service HALL of FAME

Just wanted to start a thread on slowflyer business persons who have gone beyond the call of duty to provide excellent customer service. They should be recognized by the ezone community, so that they receive the business they deserve. I wish that I could have had this before I ventured out to purchase my first planes.

This thread was inspired this past weekend's carnage experience on Father's Day by flytowner and the response of Wattage Product Manager Mike Greenshields to solve his problem with the Mini-Max.

I had a similar experience with a wing failure on my Micro-Lite. Looks like Mark at Parkflyers.com is going to come through in like manner with a new wing. I also want to give kudos to Don McGlauflin of Sirius Electronics. I accidentally fried my GFS speed control when I soldered my own wire to it. It was an easy mistake to make because of the proximity of the power input pin on the microprocessor. Anyway, Don sent me a new one yesterday . I was about to throw it into the trash (I paid $40). I figured since I soldered the unit, that I probably broke it, so my warranty was voided.

Please add similar experiences, so that your fellow (especially newbie) slowflyers will benefit from the commerce trail already blazed. Try to minimize negative comments, unless relevent and you can avoid becoming personal about the persons/business that BURNED you! I don't want this thread deleted because of those types of responses.

to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2001, 02:55 PM
On the subject of customer service, I had the pleasure of placing an order with Dave at Radical RC this morning. He was helpful and courteous. I'm getting 2 7-cell packs (with connectors) shipped for $36! If the packs live up to their reputation I'll be a repeat customer.

Dan
Jun 20, 2001, 03:53 PM
Hello. I ordered a red Minipleaser from NSP during their $49 Ezone special. It arrived with a new style wing that was different from the original. Though well made and in perfect condition,it flew but not as slowly as the original design. When I called them and explained my situation, They responded by sending a new original style wing at no cost, though all they had was yellow. It was not red and did not match the MP I ordered. So then they sold me a matching V-tail for only $10.What surprised me is that they actually remembered what color the wing was as it was not on the invoice. Best Regards
Jun 21, 2001, 07:05 PM
WAR
WAR
Thread OP
So...
Let me count the HALL of FAME members so far...

1. Wattage (Mike Greenshields)
2. Marky Hobby Shop (Mark, parkflyers.com)
3. Sirius Electronics (Don Mcglauflin)
4. RadicalRC (Dave)
5. NES

FIVE only FIVE !!! So you guys are telling me and the rest of ezone that I should be doing my slowflyer business with only five businesses.

Must be a doggie-dog world out there for buying stuff in this hobby or is it....

Come on, some of you must have some gratitude to share with those businesses that came through when it really mattered.

Wouldn't be nice to have a top ten list for the best slowflyer vendors ! We haven't ranked them yet, but we might never get that far with this measly participation .

Think about all those newbie's that could get burned (and possibly quit the hobby) without your help (including me ).

That's why Ezone exists. To find out what to buy, and because we have a choice, where to buy it.

Enough begging ...
One more time....
Jun 21, 2001, 07:07 PM
WAR
WAR
Thread OP
Sorry that's NSP for number 5, not NES. No discrespect intended .
Jun 21, 2001, 07:43 PM
I have had GREAT service from Hobby Lobby. I would not take product from #5 for free. Do a search.

Ray
Jun 21, 2001, 07:48 PM
I've had good dealings with Hobby Lobby lately. My orders have been arriving quickly, on the order of 3-4 days. A Chubby Lady 2 (NOT a beginner's plane) that I ordered back around the first of the year arrived with a crushed fuselage. It had been packed that way, because the kit box and everything else in the box were in perfect shape. Hobby Lobby had a replacement fuselage to me in two days.

Tony Turley
Jun 21, 2001, 07:48 PM
Ok, here's a list of the suppliers with whom I like to do business:

* Radical RC (Lil Hornet, batteries, servos, receiver)
* NSP (planes, planes and more planes!)
* Major Hobby (Hitec radios)
* Balsa Products (GWS Pico flight pack)

I have not purchased anything yet from the following businesses, but they are on my radar screen:

* Anything RC
* Todd's Models
* New Creations RC
* Hobby Club
* ServoCity
* FMA Direct
* Eflightpower.com.

These lists only reflect my opinions, but by nature, I like to investigate and compare before I buy. And I believe in "Buy at good prices, buy more stuff".

[This message has been edited by TWyG (edited 06-21-2001).]
Jun 21, 2001, 09:17 PM
Space Coast USA
Hobby Club - Good prices, reasonable shipping, good customer service.
Grish Props - Call him, you'll see why he's on my list.
Birdworks - Extensive help and support of his products.
Horizon - Good selection, fair shipping, good customer service.
Radical RC -

hoppy
Jun 21, 2001, 09:24 PM
Triad of Fun
For models and parts I had very good service with:
Todd at http://www.toddsmodels.com/
David Lewis at http://www.homefly.com/
Hobby-Lobby
Hobby-People
Horizon Hobby

And for batteries: http://www.batterystore.com/ (Talk to Missy or John and ask for better price than web, 720 Sanyo's @ $1.75 ea)
Jun 21, 2001, 09:51 PM
Another vote for Dave at www.RadicalRC.com
He's the most helpfull person I've called.
Hobby Lobby hasn't failed me yet either!!!
Good Luck All!!!
Boone
Jun 21, 2001, 09:53 PM
I would like to recommend www.radicalrc.com and Hitec. Both have great customer service and products.

-Matt
Jun 21, 2001, 11:20 PM
Stupid gravity!
New Creations - Kirk Massey is the best!
Trick R/C
Todds Models
Hobby Lobby
Hobby People
Jun 21, 2001, 11:30 PM
Dont forget EAM! Several times I have ordered, and service and delivery has been super!!

Terry T, Bend Or.
Jun 22, 2001, 12:05 AM
Don't forget JK Aerotech Their service is great and the products are slick.

Quick Reply