Jul 20, 2005, 11:13 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberwein
I'll get images some time today. I'm at my favorite coffee place again. If it wasn't for this place, the only time I'd leave my house was to go to the post office. My main office is the room right next to my bedroom, so it's a short commute!
Brian,

Aaaah, you work at a home-office ? Likewise here, I have a 50m commute from my bedroom. I soon plan to 'optimise' and reduce that to 10m. I plan to get a shipping container and split it into two compartments, one for my computer stuff and one for my modelling/design/development.

Paul.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2005, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberwein
Yeah Rob, you have that thing ready to fly yet?
Hopefully I will finish building up the QF weekend. Still working on my own plane. So far, it looks like the new wings are going to come in a good bit lighter than with the original 1/32.
Jul 20, 2005, 11:33 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Gentlemen,

I unfortunately need to go to sleep now, pushing nearly 3am (will be by the time I've had a shower etc etc). I look forward to catching up with you all later.

Again, Brian, Cosrl and everyone else involved, many thanks and best of luck.

Paul.
Jul 20, 2005, 01:57 PM
Zzzt! Buzz! Click!
Brian, Paul, the timing of this kit couldn't be better! I'm in the middle of another project, but I'm not happy with my AG-24 QFII, and I want to upgrade... I just can't justify the time to slice and dice all the parts.

This kit is a bargoon! I can't wait to get it... assembly of my scratch QF was actually reasonably quick, and that was with me having to fiddle all my hand-cut parts to fit! I'll bet this will be a snap!
Jul 20, 2005, 06:09 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Hi there Squidbait,

Yes, I know what you mean, I'm sort of shivering with excitement to get my grubby little hands on a couple of kits (just in case ;-) - oh, wait, the shivering is because I've not warmed up enough yet (nice and cold here *brrrr*).

At least with the kit being quick to build you can get back to your other project fairly quickly.

Paul.
Jul 20, 2005, 08:41 PM
Zzzt! Buzz! Click!
[QUOTE=pldaniels]Yes, I know what you mean, I'm sort of shivering with excitement to get my grubby little hands on a couple of kits (just in case ;-) - oh, wait, the shivering is because I've not warmed up enough yet (nice and cold here *brrrr*).

I hope you freeze your flaps off! It's been in the high 20's to low 30's here, with the humidity hovering between 70 and 80%! It finally broke on the weekend, and I had the first decent night's sleep in over two weeks last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pldaniels
At least with the kit being quick to build you can get back to your other project fairly quickly.
That's what I thought, and the price is very reasonable, considering the time it would take me to trim out those new ribs for the sheeted wings - too many notches! I'm anxious to get it built, as although I've been having fun with the current QFII, it is getting frustrating, because I think I've hit the limits of my and it's performance envelope. I want my kit nooooowwwwww >>>insert whinging nasal whiney voice here<<<!
Jul 20, 2005, 08:52 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Yes, I have to conceed, the price is very good, better than what I had originally anticipated it to come out at. I see there's already been a couple of the kits sold. Since the US is so far away I'm getting a couple so that I have a few spare.

What I'm really waiting on at the moment is my altimeter... (RAM2 type)... that way I can find out just how high I'm getting on those launches.

Now, quit whining and start ordering, a trip to McDonalds probably will cost you more (in more than the ways of money :-O ). Speaking of which, squash day today, better start eating.... oh and that coffee trick worked quite nicely last week.

Paul.
Jul 21, 2005, 03:29 AM
WOOT! I ordered my kit!

Thanks to Paul and LaserArts for getting this thing in kit form! Really impressed with the price and inclusion of so many parts! Now I run much less risk of losing yet another digit to that damn X-acto...

Bill
Jul 21, 2005, 06:07 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
ndflicks,

Hey, that's great, thanks for ordering :-D I think we just need to build a few more of them and start showing them off to the world.

Went flying today with my new altimeter (RAM2) and the QFII was starting to feel a bit creaky, I think that it's had a couple too many bad landings and modifications. I'll see how it goes tommorow - probably just needs a bit of cleaning up.

Unfortunately, despite some good launches, Windows(tm) CRASHED on me *sigh* and gobbled up all my data before I could react and pull out the power cable on the RAM2 *sob*. I hate windows, no wonder I'm for ever living in Unix.

Paul.
Jul 21, 2005, 09:14 AM
Just ordered two kits, one for me and one for my flying bud. Soon we'll be having some "One Design" competition. Hey, that's a great idea! With such a low investment what DLG competitor couldn't afford to have one of these in the quiver and we can see who the best pilot is a opposed to who has the best plane. I'm sure this has been batted around before but it sounds cool.

Sleedo
Jul 21, 2005, 09:31 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Sleedo,

That's a great idea actually, single design comps really can bring out the requirement of 'talent' in people.

Over the weekend that just passed, I was at the local airfield flying with people having 2m and 3m gliders. I played around a bit and launched when they launched on the winch (reasonably fair height at launch peak *cough*), anyhow, quite a few times I would be the last down, or certainly not much different to their flights. One thing that is very much in the favor of small DLG's like this is their ability to signal lift and quickly react.

Will look forward to seeing photos of your build.

Tommorow, all going well and assuming Windows doesn't crash on me again (hahahah) I'll finally get some altitude data on my QFII.

Paul.
Jul 21, 2005, 09:44 AM
Paul, I've got a Ram also and it will be cool to compare data from across the world. I know what you mean about losing the data, I had the Ram on during the most impresive thermal of my life and ran home to download the data and figured out that I had run out of memory and didn't get that flight on record. Arrrgh! It is a fun tool though isn't it!?

Sleedo
Jul 21, 2005, 10:02 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Sleedo,

Well, I've never yet logged a successful flight on it yet (incidently, this is the RAM2, and it just BARELY fits into the QFII - perhaps a smaller battery or RX for me now).

What logging rate do you use on your RAM ?

Paul.
Jul 21, 2005, 05:23 PM

Hi quickflickers :)

I have just cutted out the templates for the quickflick II.
Canīt wait to try out DLG modelling.

I also ordered a shortkit but will probably have my scratchbuilt one ready before I get the short kit. Well see.

I will post again when I get the kit. Hope that all you other builders will do the same.

Best regards / Anders Molin
Jul 21, 2005, 08:00 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Anders Molin,

Welcome to the QuickFlick club :-D. It's nice to see more faces around here. Hopefully we will see even more in the near future.

Paul.

Quick Reply