Aug 07, 2021, 02:40 AM
Kiwi Christian
Thread OP
Discussion

Resurrecting my old Futaba 7fgk Radio

I am wanting to resurrect my old radio.

I have tried a couple of 35mhz receivers to no avail.

Any ideas?

Maybe you can point me to something on ebay that would work?

Thank you.

Dean.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2021, 10:46 PM
35 MHZ is a "band" - a group of spot frequencies in that range. You have to find that and get a receiver on the same frequency.
there may be a sticker some where on he transmitter, and there is definitely a crystal inside the module that has the number. Locate that, look for a receiver crystal on the same frequency.
Greetings from a long-ago Kiwi visitor - I was there with the "globies" on the way to the pole. Cheers, Eloy
Sep 16, 2021, 11:57 PM
Kiwi Christian
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EloyM
35 MHZ is a "band" - a group of spot frequencies in that range. You have to find that and get a receiver on the same frequency.
there may be a sticker some where on he transmitter, and there is definitely a crystal inside the module that has the number. Locate that, look for a receiver crystal on the same frequency.
Greetings from a long-ago Kiwi visitor - I was there with the "globies" on the way to the pole. Cheers, Eloy
How did you like NZ?

And, i have my transmitter all up and going thanks to some kind fellow flyers.
Oct 02, 2021, 11:19 PM
How did I like NZ? Loved it, nice Friendly pro-American people. I left there with a gift Tii around my neck and honorary membership in the model plane and amateur radio clubs.
Sad to hear that my favorite restaurant in ChiChi (Malandos) was a victim of the quake, though it had changed names by then. Great memories .
My favorite countries in the world are Costa Rica, Brazil & NZ. Not in that order, a matter of distance. Eloy

Quick Reply