Sep 09, 2021, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler
There will be a Ray Hayes Memorial Award to the youngest participant that didn't win it last year, Sorry Ryan. ;>)

Up for grabs will be a Craft Air Windrifter kit.

More details soon, real soon!!!

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever
Your Dad was the best! He treated me like an equal, even though I was way under him in terms of skill level and passion. He even offered to buy one of my gliders, my Windfree. I’ll be thinking of him and all you guys this weekend, have fun!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2021, 01:48 AM
Balsa breaks better
Okay boys and girls, I'll need somebody to claim this prize.;>)

I hope you folks have a great time this year, I am coming next year.

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever
Sep 11, 2021, 10:33 AM
Friday was perfect. Photos coming soon. But today, Saturday, is too much. 23 mph gusts. 16 mph constant. :/

The Sagitta 900 flew fine because the wind was constant, but one turn and you’re waaaay downwind.

We will see if Sunday is any better.

Scott
Sep 11, 2021, 12:34 PM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloScott
Friday was perfect. Photos coming soon. But today, Saturday, is too much. 23 mph gusts. 16 mph constant. :/

The Sagitta 900 flew fine because the wind was constant, but one turn and you’re waaaay downwind.

We will see if Sunday is any better.

Scott

Nice looking Sagitta Scott.

The inland clan think 16-23 stinks while the coastal clan is thinking it is a little slow . . . ;>)

Not any better here today but it was good while I was at work, 6-10 from the south which is the best direction for my patch!!
I can do E-W and NW - SE crossing the ditch in the middle. The chute usually lands on the north side of the ditch . . .

Best wishes for tomorrow!!

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever
Sep 11, 2021, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler View Post
Nice looking Sagitta Scott.

The inland clan think 16-23 stinks while the coastal clan is thinking it is a little slow . . . ;>)

Not any better here today but it was good while I was at work, 6-10 from the south which is the best direction for my patch!!
I can do E-W and NW - SE crossing the ditch in the middle. The chute usually lands on the north side of the ditch . . .

Best wishes for tomorrow!!

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever
My buddy who is a corporate pilot tells me tomorrow is higher winds. Fingers crossed but the prediction for Sunday is not too great.
Sep 12, 2021, 08:59 AM
Well, Friday was perfect at the Balsa Flyers 2021 event. Wonderful weather and lift all over! But Saturday winds were constant at 16 mph with gusts up to 23 mph. Today (Sunday) winds are even higher…too high. So we will look forward to Balsa Flyers 2022. As for the Ray Hayes 2021 Concours Award, Gil Gauger and I will have to figure that out. Normally the pilots themselves vote for their favorite sailplane.
Sep 12, 2021, 10:11 AM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloScott
Well, Friday was perfect at the Balsa Flyers 2021 event. Wonderful weather and lift all over! But Saturday winds were constant at 16 mph with gusts up to 23 mph. Today (Sunday) winds are even higher…too high. So we will look forward to Balsa Flyers 2022. As for the Ray Hayes 2021 Concours Award, Gil Gauger and I will have to figure that out. Normally the pilots themselves vote for their favorite sailplane.
Rats!!!
I don't envy the job you and Gil have and I don't want to add more to it but who was the youngest that wasn't Ryan?

Thank You,
Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever
Sep 12, 2021, 10:32 AM
the kitty litter of rcgroups
Quote:
I don't want to add more to it but who was the youngest that wasn't Ryan?
I was not able to stream this year , unfortunately. I have commitments this fall that will keep me away from any more soaring events but I’ll see you guys next season !!

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Sep 12, 2021, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Rats!!!
I don't envy the job you and Gil have and I don't want to add more to it but who was the youngest that wasn't Ryan?

Thank You,
Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever
I might have been the youngest Joe. LOL

We might have to come up with Plan B. We'll see what Gil says.
Sep 23, 2021, 10:56 PM
Balsa breaks better
Scott & Gil,

Thank You for the best honor I have ever had.

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever
Sep 24, 2021, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Scott & Gil,

Thank You for the best honor I have ever had.

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever
Easy decision Joe. And very fitting.
Oct 01, 2021, 08:25 AM
Please don't forget to post the dates for "Balsa Flyers 2022" as soon as they become available. Post them everywhere! My schedule fills up too fast so I need priority dates as quick as I can get them.

Perry
Oct 01, 2021, 10:48 AM
Ditto here. I need as much advance notice as possible. I'm really hoping to make it next year.
Oct 01, 2021, 02:34 PM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Merrill
Ditto here. I need as much advance notice as possible. I'm really hoping to make it next year.
+3 or me ;>)

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodys Forever

Quick Reply