Aug 14, 2021, 09:09 AM
30 to 50 C turnigy but old and puffy so maybe no good. One tip is cut that nose antenna off before you fly It. I did the softest tail down landing on flat grass and the nose digs in. Bad design that part. CG at 70 felt about right
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2021, 10:18 AM
Registered Hoser
Yup, these are power hungry. A 1600 lasts at the most 3.5 minutes without killing the battery. I would suggest a 1500 with at least a 30C rating.
Even the big sponsored YT dude apparently ran his down to 8% and then crashed. I can't watch a 2 hour video (Zzzzzz) so I didn't see. What does he care, it's all free .
The Banggood sponsored fella says his only weights 180 grams AUW! Maybe a typo? At least he can fly well.
Us consumers just have to keep each other in the know (tips and mods) and share some fun.
Cheers
Aug 14, 2021, 06:25 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Thread OP
One thing I noticed in the 2 commercial video reviews is they glued on the wings when the specs say the wings are detachable. I may just tape mine on. Also the wing joiner I think needs to have the servo and ESC leads above it. So looks like some care needed in thinking of the leads when slotting in the wing joiner to the fuz, especially if you then glue on the wings!.
Aug 14, 2021, 07:12 PM
Registered Hoser
I glued my wings on with Foam Tac. The wires for the ailerons go into the channel as well. A model this small doesn't take up a lot of room sooo....
Another little thing, check your old decal sheets for clear vinyl. Cut strips about 1.5 cm wide and protect the inlet by laying them length wise and wrapped inside. I noticed the inlet had some scrapes from my first few flights. This provided extra protection at minimal weight.

Cheers
Last edited by Cptn. Krunch; Aug 16, 2021 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Can't spell worth crap on my phone..
Aug 15, 2021, 07:35 AM
The main wings have magnets. Look underneath.
Aug 15, 2021, 10:15 PM
Registered Hoser

Flights 5-6 are in the books!

I think I have this one dialed in. It still does the odd dip in high bank turns but that may be solved with some aileron differential.
Pulled off well over 5 minutes with a 1600 3 cell pack.
Eachine F-16 Flight 5 and 6. Dialed in 😎 (7 min 57 sec)

Enjoy!
Aug 16, 2021, 01:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Krunch
I think I have this one dialed in. It still does the odd dip in high bank turns but that may be solved with some aileron differential.
Pulled off well over 5 minutes with a 1600 3 cell pack.
https://youtu.be/afM7O4ueUXA
Enjoy!
Thanks for sharing and hope you sort out the dips. I think I will add clear laminating film to mine to protect from belly landings.
Aug 16, 2021, 09:25 AM
Registered Hoser
Sounds good! Have fun. Too smokey here now. I don't think I want to go outside
Aug 20, 2021, 03:05 AM

Look like this F16 50mm has the same fan as the Arrow Viper 50mm. Perhaps, it could fly with stock fan with 4s as the Arrow Viper.
Aug 20, 2021, 04:24 AM
It was the old battery so can’t wait to try again now hope to fly this weekend! Getting 32 amps on full throttle so all good!
Aug 20, 2021, 05:34 AM
we can take off without that
My F-16 arrived. The detail and finish is beautiful!
One quick measurement right off the bat.
Exhaust exit diameter is 47mm. It should be 40mm for 90% FSA. That’s got to be robbing some thrust.
Fan is (excluding Pi) 25^2 motor is 13^2 so 100% FSA is 21^2 or 42mm exhaust diameter.
I’ll be narrowing it down with a narrower exhaust cone before the maiden. I’m just going to find the right size plastic cup. Might even scratch build some feathers or whatever they are called.
Aug 20, 2021, 06:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_flyer
My F-16 arrived. The detail and finish is beautiful!
One quick measurement right off the bat.
Exhaust exit diameter is 47mm. It should be 40mm for 90% FSA. That’s got to be robbing some thrust.
Fan is (excluding Pi) 25^2 motor is 13^2 so 100% FSA is 21^2 or 42mm exhaust diameter.
I’ll be narrowing it down with a narrower exhaust cone before the maiden. I’m just going to find the right size plastic cup. Might even scratch build some feathers or whatever they are called.
I will be interested to see how you go with an exhaust cone. Can you or anyone confirm that it has detachable wings? Are there magnets to hold them on? As reviewers so far have glued on the wings.
Aug 20, 2021, 10:03 AM
Registered Hoser
The wings are designed as detachable. I did not find any magnets but I chose to glue mine. It's so small it doesn't matter to me if the wings are off or on.
Hmmm... exhaust cone...I choked my Starmax F22 to the correct size and it really increased the speed.
Let's see what happens when you do that Mr. Green
Aug 20, 2021, 10:44 PM

Magnets

Under main wing
Aug 20, 2021, 10:47 PM

Battery and cg

Great little flyer! Even does hi alpha. Doesn’t need stabilization at all. Here’s my battery position. Need atleast a cricket/football field as she moves. Easy get 3.5 mins plus out of a 1500 with mixed throttle

Quick Reply