Aug 13, 2021, 01:34 PM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP
I think I can see it now, thanks Invader and Steve.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2021, 01:36 AM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP
I have reported over on another thread, that I now have my Multi Protocol Module flashed with the new bootloader and firmware.
I performed it in Win7, not this Linux Mint operating system.
Also, I have bound two FlySky receivers to it successfully.

Thanks to all respondents.

Jim.
Oct 07, 2021, 03:09 AM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP

Failsafe setting for FlySky FS-iA10B receiver.

I am using the iRangeX MPM and have the above receiver.
As previously reported, I've bound it ok.
However, I am having difficulty finding instructions for setting the failsafe.
Pressing the "Update" button does not appear to work.

Instructions here do no quite relate to this combination of equipment.

Can someone help please?
Should I be posting this over on the iRangeX MPM thread instead?

Jim.
Oct 07, 2021, 04:33 AM
Beach Bum
I thought failsafe is selected in radio, underneath bind selection of external module.
Oct 07, 2021, 01:36 PM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFlysloco
I thought failsafe is selected in radio, underneath bind selection of external module.
Yes Steve, there is entries there.
However, I don't know how to do it. I have tried selecting several combinations, but so far am unable to get it to work.
Oct 07, 2021, 02:44 PM
Beach Bum
I have never actually tested it, just selected ‘no pulses’. Not sure how to test failsafe reaction of receiver, turn off radio perhaps?
Oct 07, 2021, 02:51 PM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP
Quote:
I have never actually tested it, just selected ‘no pulses’. Not sure how to test failsafe reaction of receiver, turn off radio perhaps?
Yes, that is the test.
I will try that option later today when I get time.
Thanks,

Jim.
Oct 07, 2021, 02:57 PM
Jim, there's some documentation here. It might be too basic to address your problem.

Have you tried the Custom option? My guess it that you have. It's my preferred method for setting failsafe via OTX.
Oct 07, 2021, 04:20 PM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP

Found it!

I got it working.
Short story: I used the "set" option, then selected each channel separately and set as required. Hold for all but throttle which was set at -100.
It is a good system actually.
Pity the documentation is poor.
I will post a better explanation later.

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

Edit:

Corrected from "custom" to "set".
Last edited by Jim.Thompson; Oct 07, 2021 at 10:57 PM.
Oct 07, 2021, 05:05 PM
Great stuff, Jim.

Documentation is the bane of all tech, I think. Certainly, that's my experience working in a related field (user experience design).

Truly usable documentation is tough to get right. Even then, it's often out of date within matter of days or weeks.

Keep in mind that I sometimes read docs just for pleasure. Well, it's pleasurable sometimes.
Oct 07, 2021, 06:27 PM
Beach Bum
Quote:
Originally Posted by landru
Jim, there's some documentation here. It might be too basic to address your problem.

Have you tried the Custom option? My guess it that you have. It's my preferred method for setting failsafe via OTX.
Thank you for posting that link, I had the term ‘no pulses’ misunderstood. If I had a failsafe event, throttle would have been cut, but control surfaces would go to full deflection.
In hindsight, that could explain a crash I had, where plane seemed to suddenly spiral out of control, like control surfaces went full throw. I blamed the control box, no pulses failsafe seems like the culprit now.
Oct 07, 2021, 10:56 PM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by landru
Have you tried the Custom option? ........................
I had tried it first, but did not know how to follow through with the remainder of the process.
I ended up by getting the "set" function to work.
Please note: I still don't know how to use the "custom" option, but that does not matter.

Failsafe setting in Taranis X9D Plus running Opentx. 2.3.14.

1. Find and select "Set" beside Failsafe Mode in the model page 2/13 in Opentx. by scrolling up 2 x "+" button.

2. Hit Enter and see the header "FAILSAFE SETTINGS" with all the channels listed below.

3. Scroll down each channel in turn, select, then when flashing (if you want to change from neutral), reduce or adjust to the appropriate level. For example, the throttle is reduced to -100 from 0 on my set up. (This took 5 to 10 seconds or so - it was slow).

4. Exit then turn on the Tx and power up the model. Push throttle to part throttle (1/4 or so) to run the motor slow and safely.

5. Finally, test by turning off the tx and observe. The motor should then stop and all the control surfaces remain where they were, or go to where you may have set them @ step #3..

Please check my list and correct if necessary.

I think I am going to like these receivers.

Thanks Steve and Andrew.

Jim
Last edited by Jim.Thompson; Oct 08, 2021 at 03:19 AM.
Oct 11, 2021, 12:07 AM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP

Correct receiver pin for openXsensor input.

I read many references to IBUS for this receiver.
However, the markings on the end of the receiver are not at all clear to me.
I am having trouble getting my vario sensor connected to the receiver so that it will work.
What is the correct pin for the signal wire from the arduino (D4) or for another vario sensor (such as the FrSky ones for example)?

Can someone assist with this very simple question please?
Oct 11, 2021, 07:33 AM
Beach Bum
Regarding iBus for FlySky ia6b and ia10b. Sensor plugs in on top horizontal pins, ‘left’ side as marked by label, negative wire to left (outboard) of case, signal wire towards center. Additional sensors plug into each other, daisy chain. I have only used the battery sensor.
Oct 11, 2021, 02:04 PM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP
Quote:
Regarding iBus for FlySky ia6b and ia10b. Sensor plugs in on top horizontal pins, ‘left’ side as marked by label, negative wire to left (outboard) of case, signal wire towards center. Additional sensors plug into each other, daisy chain. I have only used the battery sensor.
Thanks Steve.
What is the other horizontal socket beside it marked as "servo"?

Quick Reply