Jul 18, 2005, 02:36 PM
Thread OP

Suggested channels for Hitec Optic 6 TX and a 4 channel RX

I'm looking to setup a discus launch glider with a 4 channel receiver. What is the preferred channel ordering with a hitec optic 6 transmitter? The 4 channels will be Elevator, Rudder and left & right flaperon. Looks like I'll need to setup elevator/flap mixing and rudder aileron mixing. Thanks for the help.

Geoff
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2005, 03:36 AM
A 4 channel RX won't work. You need channel#6 for flaperons.
Jul 19, 2005, 10:46 AM
DS Junkie
On HiTec radios, channels 6 and 7 are for flaps. It sounds like you have ailerons, which you want to use as flaperons for landing. For that, you will set up your ailerons on channels 1 and 5, and then use the crow mix. You still need a five or six channel rx.
Jul 19, 2005, 12:52 PM
Just to clear the waters a little: I have an Optic 6.

To use flapperons on a DLG you can use either channels 1 & 5 or 1 & 6.

If you use 1 & 5, you need to activate aileron differential, then you can use the camber setting for a switched preset and the crow setting for variable camber. You can also have the crow setting controlled by the throttle stick.

If you use 1 & 6, you need to activate flapperon, then you use the right slider to control camber and the land function for a preset.

I would personally recommend using channels 1 & 5, meaning you only need a 5-channel receiver (channels 1, 2, 4, & 5). The reason for this is that variable camber on the throttle stick would be much more convenient than the right slider. Also, camber and crow both include elevator compensation, while normal "flapperon" travel does not.

I hope this helps.

God bless!
Wayne J.
Jul 19, 2005, 02:52 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the help guys.
Jul 19, 2005, 03:12 PM
smoking a buddy box
Hi,

This is a typical problem with most transmitters that have fixed channel assignment (not so with Multiplex EVO 9 & 12, MC3010,3030 & 4000).
But in your case, as channel 3 is not in use, could you not use a free programmable mixer (if any) to mix channel 3 as slave with channel 5 as master? Any input on channel 5 will then activate channel 3.
Up to you to check for the right direction of mixing.
If this works, perhaps trims on your ailerons is not affecting the aileron-servo that would be connected to channel 3. Up to you to check this also.

Hopefully it works, that would save you some $$$.
Please revert if it works.

Olivier
Jul 19, 2005, 03:45 PM
S.A.D. member
Optic 6:

1. Any PMX-ed slave channel does not respond to the trim of the master channel.
2. There's no way to disable the master control (stick, switch, widget) for the slaved in #1 channel.

In valkyrie83's case - if channel 3 is slaved to channel 5 (or 6 if FLPN is used instead of ADIF):
1. The aileron trim will not affect the aileron servo connected to ch. 3.
2. The throttle stick will move the aileron servo connected to ch. 3.
Last edited by ivanc; Jul 19, 2005 at 03:55 PM.

Quick Reply