EF 2000 Eurofighter - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 18, 2005, 08:11 AM
Registered User
Bob Blackburn's Avatar

EF 2000 Eurofighter


We have test flown this weekend an EF2000 (balsa construction)

3s 1250 Kokham
a.u.w. 15oz
21 inch wingspan

It is the fastest electric thing I have flown that looks like a real aircraft.

It draws 15 amps on the ground @ 24500rpm 100mm gunther prop (cut down)

and goes vertical till you can't see it!

I made the motor for it from gobrushless parts and have engineered it to make the motor mid mounted to get the cofg correct with no weight in the nose

Anyone interested?

The pictures are from before I got the wind right on the motor a full gunther is not used now as the motor draws over 30 amps until it is cut down to 100mm
Last edited by Bob Blackburn; Jul 18, 2005 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added pictures
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2005, 08:38 AM
Registered User
Bob

That seems vey interesting. I woke up when you mentioned speed and unlimited vertical, as you understand I really like my planes fast and powerful. Have you got any pictures or maybe a little video of it?
Jul 18, 2005, 08:44 AM
Registered User
RCParkflyer's Avatar
Hi Bob,

Was that jet a kit, or did you build it off of plans? I'd like a lot more info too Sounds like a wonderful jet!!

Tom - Milwuakee
Jul 18, 2005, 08:53 AM
Registered User
Bob Blackburn's Avatar
Checkout the RUDP free plan in model flyer magazine this month. My mate Pete Lewis is a genius when it comes to balsa bashing and it is his plan.
The EF2000 is the current work in progress which will probably end up as a plan in the mag.

There are some pics of the RUDP here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388295

I am waiting for pics of the EF2000 to post.
Jul 18, 2005, 09:15 AM
TOPDOG
I would like to see some pics
Jul 18, 2005, 10:03 AM
Live to fly, fly to live!
DCobra's Avatar
Very nice work Bob, any video?

The pics look like the canards are fixed, and just using elevons?

Paul
Jul 18, 2005, 10:20 AM
Registered User
Bob Blackburn's Avatar
Yes it is very agile on elevons without working canards.

Don't forget the full size needs two computers to deal with the canards due to the aircrafts rearward cofg and built in instability.

It must groove to do this
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=673262005
Jul 19, 2005, 10:24 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Tram's Avatar
The Eurofighter has got to be the sweetest fighter unvield in the last 60 years...
Aug 07, 2005, 05:02 PM
Permanently Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blackburn
Yes it is very agile on elevons without working canards.

Don't forget the full size needs two computers to deal with the canards due to the aircrafts rearward cofg and built in instability.

It must groove to do this
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=673262005



****************************************
But much to the Americans' surprise, the Eurofighter
shook them off, outmanoeuvred them and moved
into shooting positions on their tails.

The British pilots themselves were almost as surprised
at winning an encounter with an aircraft widely regarded
as the best fighter in the world.
****************************************



Well, what can I say...
In terms of BVR (beyond visual range) those extremely
agile maneuvers for dogfighting are, in a way, useless. You
just can't out maneuver those sophisticated Missiles.
But within the close quarter encounter then those maneuvers
really come to play.

In mordern world of aviation, dogfighting sounds like
the 40's to 70's war, the latest stuff called BVR then.
Aug 07, 2005, 05:27 PM
EDF rules... :)
AirX's Avatar
Your not very well informed are you. In the Falkland war it was regular fare to evade missles with a subsonic aircraft namely the RAF Harrier, IIRC none were shot down but all of the spersonic aircraft of the enemy were sent packing or shot down.

Think before you post such nonsense.

Eric B.

To add to this the only losses were to ground based fire not air to air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonybird
****************************************
But much to the Americans' surprise, the Eurofighter
shook them off, outmanoeuvred them and moved
into shooting positions on their tails.

The British pilots themselves were almost as surprised
at winning an encounter with an aircraft widely regarded
as the best fighter in the world.
****************************************



Well, what can I say...
In terms of BVR (beyond visual range) those extremely
agile maneuvers for dogfighting are, in a way, useless. You
just can't out maneuver those sophisticated Missiles.
But within the close quarter encounter then those maneuvers
really come to play.

In mordern world of aviation, dogfighting sounds like
the 40's to 70's war, the latest stuff called BVR then.
Last edited by AirX; Aug 07, 2005 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Added Comment
Aug 07, 2005, 06:46 PM
Registered User
Those F-15's that were "jumped" by the EF's were "E" model mud movers by the way.
Aug 07, 2005, 07:16 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"

I think I remember


it saying some where that the f-15 pilots were using low rates the whole time and at least one of them was nearing LVC.
Aug 08, 2005, 02:30 PM
Permanently Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirX
Your not very well informed are you. In the Falkland war it was regular fare to evade missles with a subsonic aircraft namely the RAF Harrier, IIRC none were shot down but all of the spersonic aircraft of the enemy were sent packing or shot down.

Think before you post such nonsense.

Eric B.

To add to this the only losses were to ground based fire not air to air.

Falkland war is a very primitive war with obsolete equipments
that can not be said as mordern war at all
Do you know what they used for Air comnbat?
Sea Harrier (UK)
Mirage IIIEA (Argentine)
A-4C Skyhawks, A-4B Skyhawks...
Those are third generation Jets. What do we have now
Fifth Generation aircraft with things like Eurofighter, F 35, F22.

And you called those in Falkland as mordern aircrafts?
I would spell "FOSSILS"
(Sorry not to offend anyone here)

Also, It is not fair to have the fith generation Jet
like the Eurofighter (AKA typhoon) flies against
fourth generation Jet like those F15, F 16

Be fair in any comparision, not apple vs. Banana



Last edited by rcguy01; Aug 08, 2005 at 02:41 PM.
Aug 08, 2005, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonybird
Falkland war is a very primitive war with obsolete equipments
that can not say as mordern war at all
Do you know what they used for Air comnbat?
...
I would spell "FOSSILS"
If only...
Aug 08, 2005, 04:23 PM
3D Toy Designer
MicroRotors's Avatar
From what I have heard from an Air Force pilot whom is my next door neighbor, is that the good old dog fighting days are long gone. Most encounters are 20 miles and beyond. He also said that if you get within 20 miles and havenít been hit with his missile, you had better have shot off yours. With the radar we have now, you will see them coming long before the 20 mile mark.

Now I am not in the Air Force so I donít know if this is true or not, but in all the years I have known him, I have not questioned his word yet.

Thanks
Bill
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Eurofighter Typhoon (EF-2000)depron plane aero-dreamworks Foamies (Kits) 6 Dec 05, 2007 03:36 AM
Discussion Skyforce EF-2000 lukibob Micro Ready-to-Fly 0 Jun 02, 2007 01:57 AM
Build Log EF 2000.. finishing gets closer.. Ceeray Pusher Prop Jet Models 2 Mar 26, 2006 07:07 PM
easy to build EF-2000 Eurofighter chara Foamies (Kits) 10 Aug 25, 2005 07:22 PM