View Poll Results: Is this how you want our Hobby portrayed to the General Publi
I see no problem with this video 21 16.03%
Reckless operation of a RC Aircraft 110 83.97%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Aug 10, 2021, 08:07 AM
Work hard, play hard
I’m ready for this discussion to close, too. It has been established many, many, many times, ad naseum even, that flying on that beach is unsafe and irresponsible because Tube is over flying uninvolved bystanders and landing in between them. Even Pitts has posted that this is unsafe and would never be allowed at Pitts’ home field. Yet, it’s okay on this beach? The arguments for it’s fun, it makes entertaining videos, the locals don’t care, and no one has been hurt yet are totally lame when measured against the risk and likelihood of having a major in-flight failure and injuring someone. No one (certainly not me ) has ever hoped that one of Tube’s planes would crash and hurt someone. Good Lord, no. No one wants that! Yet, it is fair to say that the risk is high for this to happen, because the aircraft are overflying people and being landed in between people. The risk is even more increased by the fact that these model aircraft are being flown in a salty, sandy environment. Catastrophic in-flight failures can happen to the best RC pilots and to the best-maintained equipment.

I know that I’m a broken record, having posted this same thing more times than I count (even with my shoes and socks off), but I see this as the only thing that matters. I do not understand how proponents of Tube’s flying at this beach can overlook these safety concerns when giving their attaboys for his continued flying at this location. It really does baffle me.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2021, 08:30 AM
Right Rudder
In total agreement - CLOSE the THREAD

Oh, Good Morning Everyone!
Aug 10, 2021, 08:52 AM
I'm going to pose 1 question to the people who are proponents of ITTD's flying:

Why does the FAA NOT allow airshow-type flying to occur over the audience, but must instead must occur out in front of a safety line?

RStrowe
Aug 10, 2021, 09:01 AM
Honourary Canadian and Frisian
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckywhiskers
It doesn't bother me a bit. What bothers me is the astounding majority of RC hobbyists in this forum that have been so indoctrinated into a set of community based guidelines that they make a big deal out of nothing when someone else doesn't adhere to the same decision making process they do. ITTD is clearly an experienced RC EDF pilot who has been flying those beaches for years. I believe that those who do not assert themselves are not heard. That is why this hobby, at least in the USA, is being filled with people who are too "polite" and afraid to stand up for themselves and becoming over-regulated to the point where all of us are right on the edge of being federal criminals. Unless that changes, we had better prepare to form a prison gang or hang up the towel on rc aircraft. I believe he was responsible. He did not aim his aircraft at people and go full throttle. He safely landed. He flew safely. Half the time he was over the ocean. Stop worrying about how you portray yourselves because someone will have a problem with you. Don't make a big deal about something unless a problem occurs. Preemptively attacking someone because you wouldn't do what they did is a perfect sign of insecurity and weak moral character. Just don't be a ******** like the person who posted this thread. If he does hit someone someday, blow up his social media but until then leave the poor guy alone.
Are you absolutely positive you want to leave the above post as it stands?
Aug 10, 2021, 09:09 AM
That thing almost hit me
You Tube is full of Weeee!!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!! types. Sad.
Aug 10, 2021, 09:22 AM
Work hard, play hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Are you absolutely positive you want to leave the above post as it stands?
It's a sock puppet account. One and one only post. And it looks like the account has already been suspended by the Admins. There's absolutely no point in arguing any items in that post.
Aug 10, 2021, 09:27 AM
"Some do, some don't"
Thread OP

Have Requested that the Thread Be Closed

To All,

I once again would like to thank all who have posted on this thread. I have learned quite a bit from the experience.

I posted on the Site Suggestion/Complaints Thread and have asked for the thread to be closed.

As the Thread OP I felt obliged to read each and every post, and I have replied to several of the posts for reasons of my own.

I no longer wish to invest my time in this endeavor, and since leaving this thread open but not monitoring it would be like leaving a camp fire burning after I have departed the camp site I have asked RCG Admin to close the thread.

There are many on this thread that I have developed a new respect for and some that I have lost respect for. Such is life.

I really do care about this hobby of ours and hope that we as a community will continue to move forward.

Best Regards,

Mark R.

old_coastie

Update:

Jason replied to my question. Turns out as the thread OP all I have to do is click on thread tools and select close thread.

I will leave this thread open until the end of the day, and then will close it. Last chance to post for all.

Changed my mind. Thread is closed.
Last edited by old_coastie; Aug 10, 2021 at 10:21 AM.
Aug 10, 2021, 10:12 AM
Work hard, play hard
Mark,
I hope that the Admins will close this thread. I think that we've had a good discussion. I'm not sure that anyone's mind on this subject has been changed. But, nothing new is being brought into the discussion. I still think my summary post (Post 421, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=421) is a pretty good summary of the points that have been made, most ad naseum.

I want to go on the record and say that the accusations that have been thrown at you, about 'having it in for ITTD' are absurd. I know you from other Forums and Threads and know that you are NOT a vindictive person. I'm actually a bit appalled that anyone would actually believe that. Of course, they probably believe the same about me, since I've been so vocal on the unsafe aspects of flying on ITTD's beach. Neither of us are 'haters' as we're accused of being.

This has been an interesting discussion (and not the first time, relative to ITTD's Beach Flying), but I do hope that the thread is closed soon. There's nothing new to add to this discussion.

Quick Reply