Jul 29, 2021, 05:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Graupner MZ-32 Firmware Release

On the Control Hobbies website home page, I saw the Firmware Release V2.0 - July 29, 2021 for both the MZ-16 and MZ-32.

This firmware release went well for me. Previous upgrades had small failures that I caused. I learn from my mistakes.

SD Formatter software, for WIN or MAC, was used to format the memory card with Quick Format. The other format option took hours last time.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

I had forgotten to perform Update SD Card from the MZ-32's System menu. Now, when I power on, the splash screen displays the red-colored version 2.

I can't do a flight test until the surgeon gives the OK. My wrist is messed up. But the flight sim worked normally.
Thanks Graupner.
Last edited by ARCS 1980; Jul 31, 2021 at 11:03 AM. Reason: grammar corrections
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2021, 08:07 PM
asr
asr
I did update on mine, working on my local fields maps
Augie
Last edited by asr; Jul 29, 2021 at 08:15 PM.
Jul 30, 2021, 07:13 AM
asr
asr
Got the maps working, not too bad to set up.
Jul 30, 2021, 07:30 AM
I'm still having an issue with the Java updater on a Mac that I reported previously. I get the following error while installing the resource files.
Jul 30, 2021, 11:13 AM
ned
ned
Glider guider
I've just tried to update my MZ-16 and it appears to have worked but when I turn it on it says it needs resources updating via GR Studio. I have this, version 4.9.3.2, but I can't see an option for resource updating and in any case it now says it can't find my MZ-16 even though it shows up in the device list on my windows 10 computer. Where do I go from here?
Jul 30, 2021, 01:08 PM
The release notes were specific on how to update the radio.

Checkout this video:

Mz 32 / Mz-16 Update (4 min 38 sec)
Jul 30, 2021, 02:32 PM
ned
ned
Glider guider
Yes, I watched that and followed the instructions.
Jul 30, 2021, 07:05 PM
Under the download button there is a box that needs to be checked to download the resources.

Can you make a screenshot of your mz-16 folders as shown in file explorer.
Jul 30, 2021, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum
I'm still having an issue with the Java updater on a Mac that I reported previously. I get the following error while installing the resource files.
I will need to run this by the developer. Did you install the latest Java?
Jul 30, 2021, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Control Hobbies
I will need to run this by the developer. Did you install the latest Java?
Yes. That was the first thing I tried.

I even tried the updaters that were installed with the resources on the SD card. One (1328, I think) ran but I got the same error. The other (1360) wouldn't run at all. It appears that the resources mostly installed: the resource version on the splash screen was 2.004 along with the firmware version.
Jul 31, 2021, 07:43 AM
ned
ned
Glider guider
I was puzzled by this too: in the release notes it says to format the card with the following settings -
Formatting

Format the SD Card using the following settings:

Restart the radio and go through the first time setup settings
but the settings are missed off. What are they?
Last edited by ned; Jul 31, 2021 at 08:26 AM.
Jul 31, 2021, 08:51 AM
Thread OP
Problems can pop up for a few people. They do for me also.
A picture says a thousand words. Because these firmware upgrades don't come along often, I keep a record of any errors that pop up. Useful toward the next upgrade event.
I ready/use my computer's Microsoft Snip and Sketch to capture or photograph the monitor screen when an error comes along.
A cell phone works also, but getting those images to Control Hobby for inspection proves difficult. My other hobby is photography, so I enjoy the opportunity to take photos.

For formatting try...no, USE ... SD Card Formatter for WIN or Mac. It formats the MZ-32/MZ-16 card correctly to FAT32. Its FREE.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

SD Formatter finds your card in your transmitter. USE the Quick Format option. Do NOT use the Overwrite format option as that takes about 2 hours.
Last year, I had a corrupt card. Even the Forced Update was not working.
Via a YT video by a person named Yufasa, I was able to replace mine with a better, more recent, more gigabytes SD Card I found at Offcie Depot. Been working without a hiccup since.
Hope your issue is resolved soon. Good luck.
Last edited by ARCS 1980; Aug 01, 2021 at 08:34 AM.
Jul 31, 2021, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ned
but the settings are missed off. What are they?
FAT32. I used Disk Utility that’s part of macOS and it worked fine.
Jul 31, 2021, 10:58 PM
Is there a Phase hold function so you don't have to use a switch and activate throttle cut for use with an IC heli?
Aug 01, 2021, 01:39 AM

Graupner MZ-32 Firmware Release

I just put throttle cut on a separate switch from hold. My right rear 3-way switch is run/hold/rescue and my left rear 2-way switch is cut. The cut phase is given a higher priority than run/hold/rescue.

Rescue is on the momentary position and overrides hold even after release. Hold is on the center position and has a short delay before it is activated so that rescue works without going into hold first.

I can upload one of my models if you want to see how it’s set up.

Quick Reply