Jul 29, 2021, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Mobius white balance not working properly

I bought a couple of Mobius action cams at an RC meet recently. They were very cheap and one works great but the other one does not. The problem is the MOV file is high in red when the white balance is set to Auto.
The only thing I have changed on the default config file is the Artificial Light Frequency to 50 Hz and the TV Video Out to PAL.
Can anything be done or should I just bin it.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2021, 03:51 AM
Hi,
I've seen colour something like that when the lens has got no IR filter fitted. That would be your best outcome as a new lens (with IR filter fitted) is not too expensive. Perhaps someone damaged a lens at some time but bought a replacement without the filter and then thought the camera was damaged. It could be something else but don't bin it just yet and wait for better advice.

Cheers,
David
Jul 29, 2021, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for that David. I'll research it further.
Jul 31, 2021, 01:10 AM
OR you can search about IR photography with a mobius on the dashcamtalk forum (search for ''Mobius Varifocal Zoom IR'')
Aug 22, 2021, 05:10 AM
Sounds like (re)setting the WB? https://publiclab.org/notes/warren/1...-mobius-camera

Quick Reply