Super Deals or scam ?

Has anyone seen this :
https://www.ardortoy.shop/products/a...rc-flying-boat
What do you think ?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2021, 12:09 PM
Droning on.
Looks like a scam to me.

No mention of where items are shipped from. No returns address. Every single item seems to be priced between $52 and $59.98. They'll likely send you a $3 dollar toy.

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/ardortoy.shop
Jul 26, 2021, 01:48 PM
ʇsol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDOG1
What do you think ?

Scammers based in China. The domain name isn't even a month old, prior to that they went by the name "porward.com" that was killed 4 months after starting up. Here's a report about another website the same people set up selling watches (apparently they have had a few), read the comments at the bottom: https://de-reviews.com/universalgentle/
Jul 26, 2021, 05:06 PM
Building until we fly w\ Jesus
When everything on the full site is near the same price you can bet it is a scam. That $58 price point is the new going rate of what is cheap enough to draw people in but high enough for them to get maximum rip off money from you. There is no real deal here please believe me.
Jul 28, 2021, 10:39 PM
Just Plane Nutts
If it looks too low to be true, it's not true.

For example, their "Versatile VTOL & STOL Aircraft" (doesn't even give a brand name) for $58: https://www.ardortoy.shop/products/v...lstol-aircraft

... is actually this one that sells for $400: https://www.doghouserc.com/product/fv-31-cypher/
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
Jul 29, 2021, 05:44 AM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
If it too good, its scammers.
Jul 29, 2021, 11:11 AM
AMA 8855
It says due to the weight of this product you can only purchase one piece. HUH ?
Latest blog entry: Greyhound Express
Jul 29, 2021, 02:07 PM
Same about us page of many sites

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Jul 30, 2021, 07:09 AM
its a scam....i pulled the trigger on a huey helicopter. it was bad ass. got it for 19.99.after 2 months i gave up on it. it finally arrived .wasnt even a military copter. was matchbox size and cheap. i didnt even take it out of box. straight from mail to trash.
Jul 30, 2021, 12:10 PM
AMA 8855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndae
When everything on the full site is near the same price you can bet it is a scam. That $58 price point is the new going rate of what is cheap enough to draw people in but high enough for them to get maximum rip off money from you. There is no real deal here please believe me.
Nailed it. These ads are in line with the Milwaukee tool ads offering five tools, batteries and charger for $84.00 shipped. Internet providers do little or nothing to police these offerings. The gullible will take the bait and then end up with a pair of sunglasses or a small tool that doesn’t even resemble their purchase.
Latest blog entry: Greyhound Express
Jul 31, 2021, 04:47 PM
Just Plane Nutts
The only deals I buy are ones I find on eBay. If I get ripped off eBay or PayPal returns my money. It has happened too.
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
Aug 05, 2021, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yets
Looks like a scam to me.

No mention of where items are shipped from. No returns address. Every single item seems to be priced between $52 and $59.98. They'll likely send you a $3 dollar toy.

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/ardortoy.shop
Thanks Yets; I've put this link to good use
Aug 06, 2021, 09:52 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
The only deals I buy are ones I find on eBay. If I get ripped off eBay or PayPal returns my money. It has happened too.
In my experience eBay is excellent at reimbursement for non-delivery, pretty good for outright fraud, less cooperative for satisfaction issues. Like you order an item and it arrives defective. They will likely tell you to work it out with the supplier and may or may not step in to help if things don't go well.

I had a defective item from China and the supplier said to return it on my dime and he would replace it. The return shipping was prohibitive, but eBay went along with it.

I've found the Amazon A to Z guarantee better -- practically no questions asked. They do exempt some items like "digital". And typically require that you contact the 3rd party supplier before submitting a claim. I suspect they let suppliers know if they screw customers, they're done selling on Amazon. I've come across many "urgently cooperative" Amazon 3rd party sellers.
Aug 06, 2021, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
In my experience eBay is excellent at reimbursement for non-delivery, pretty good for outright fraud, less cooperative for satisfaction issues. Like you order an item and it arrives defective. They will likely tell you to work it out with the supplier and may or may not step in to help if things don't go well.

I had a defective item from China and the supplier said to return it on my dime and he would replace it. The return shipping was prohibitive, but eBay went along with it.

I've found the Amazon A to Z guarantee better -- practically no questions asked. They do exempt some items like "digital". And typically require that you contact the 3rd party supplier before submitting a claim. I suspect they let suppliers know if they screw customers, they're done selling on Amazon. I've come across many "urgently cooperative" Amazon 3rd party sellers.
All that's true with Ebay, along with it not necessarily being worth the hassle and time wasted to try to resolve things. Always best to buy from a seller or company that seems reputable. versus dice rolling.
Aug 09, 2021, 04:12 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line View Post

I rarely buy from Amazon...Always more expensive than other sources I can find. II only buy there if I cannot find elsewhere.

Never experienced that issue with eBay, but I suppose it depends on what the product is and what the defect is. Bang Good is harder to work with. Cosmetic flaws are harder to argue. Visible damage or an electronic item that refuses to turn on are another thing and easier to return.

Satisfaction issues are a 2-way street. If it is not what you expected or you just changed your mind and you want to return it then that's on your dime. If it is not what they advertised, then they have to pay. No problems with me and eBay so far, and I've bought through them for 6 years now.

Note I also use PayPal when available no matter what the buying site is, and they themselves reimbursed me once when some jerks stole a package with a set of $80 bike pedals right off my front porch. My late mother saw them do it through the front window but was confined to a wheelchair at the time and could do nothing. I hope the thieves have miserable lives. The pedals, which actually list for $140 and were bought on sale were intended as a birthday present for a good friend. They were replaced quickly.

------------------------

Funny to see this, because I have been going through a return issue with Bang Good the last several days. If you wish to learn the story, read on. Otherwise, happy flying!

My Ordro EP6 camera battery decide to commit suicide and try to explode. I had it charging off a USB port and noticed the case was splitting open on the top. I picked it up and it was HOT! I mean HOT! I'm surprised it had not burst into flames already. There are 2 tiny screws so I quickly removed them and the case popped fully apart. The Li-Po inside was swollen and grossly deformed! I clipped the wires and threw the battery outside, hoping I might be able to save the cam. I have a new 1000mAh replacement battery on the way as I type this.

I contacted Bang Good where I had purchased it with the problem, providing photos too. Their reply? "The item is past the 180 day warranty period. Would you accept 1000 Bang Good points instead?" (worth about $10).

]Ummmm....No? That's a $140 camera folks. I told them the camera is suppose to have a 1-year warranty and that I was one of their "VIP5" customers and deserved better service, but they say they can't do anything. "They" are the minions answering the phone and working off scripts and pre-written procedures. Stay on them and eventually they will advance you up the line.

I held on firm, and now I am talking to the Bang Good " relevant staff", whom have asked me to provide the serial number on the cam, SKU number on the box and a video showing the problem. I think things are starting to shift my way. You can view the video I sent them here: https://youtu.be/3aIZ5T8IfMM?t=0

So fingers crossed they send me a new one. But there's more!

When BG first refused, I went to the Ordro website and contacted them. I told them BG was refusing to honor the warranty, so they said they would try talking to them. That was days ago

Yesterday Ordeo asked me for proof of purchase and a shipping address and said they are going to send me a new camera directly, even though I did not buy directly from the Ordro official store. Cool! (tip: it's $60 more at the official store!)

And If I can fix the damaged camera with a new Lipo, well...... I may even make a flight camera out of it if I can fix.

Lesson here....Don't give up so easily with stubborn seller sites. Sometimes it pays off to be stubborn yourself.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Aug 09, 2021 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply