RCGroups Place of the Month - Townsville Aeromodellers Society

This month's featured Place is the Townsville Aeromodellers Society located all the way over in Ross River, Australia.

Splash

RCGroups July Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is the Townsville Aeromodellers Society located all the way over in Ross River, Australia. For many years, the Townsville Aeromodellers Society (T.A.S) has welcomed enthusiasts from all different hobby backgrounds. At their Oak Valley airfield (Said to be one of the best in QLD) they have a large variety of radio control interests including, Airplanes, Helicopters, Turbine Jets, Pulse Jets, Drones and gliders to name a few. If you are new to the sport, or would like to have a look, feel free to make your way out on any Sunday to meet the guys. If you are not sure if its the right hobby for you, feel free to give it a try. They have experienced instructors to fly you on their club trainer and I'm sure you will have an amazing time.

Check out the Townsville Aeromodellers Society Places Page Here

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Aug 16, 2021 at 04:32 PM..
Jul 26, 2021, 09:53 AM
Good bunch of guys up there!!
Lots of good toys too…
Jul 31, 2021, 05:32 PM
I have some great memories from there when I was posted to Townsville, fantastic flying field and wonderful people!
spud
Jul 31, 2021, 06:26 PM
Seems like they don’t post much though. I sent a couple members the link….
Aug 13, 2021, 06:02 AM
Always wondered what it would be like to launch a glider off castle hill

Quick Reply