Jul 24, 2021, 03:56 PM
The burn rate is explosive

thinking it will be "contained" is a pipe dream.

You just strive to ensure it can burn out without lighting up anything nearby.

A high level of knowledge coupled with the right gear and diligence running checklisted procedures regularly

can 99.99% reduce the odds of any fire ever starting

but mainly involves proactively replacing packs as they start to wear, rather than trying to stretch out their lifespan.

More incidences of residential buildings getting burnt down to the ground will just result in our toys getting harder and harder to power
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2021, 04:16 PM
Suspended Account

LIPO batteries Have ..............ALL the OXYGEN built into them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one can stop a LIPO from going to a FIREBALL if it decides to !!!!!!!!!!!!!

All those bags & boxes can only do 1 thing if they are BUILT BIG ENOUGH. STOP flying BURNING BITS of the battery from starting 50 smaller fires. As you suddenly realize YOU can now do nothing to stop the flaming & massive smoke in front of you............

If you are not FEARFULL enough of having a battery go into fireball burning. Do nothing . Are you lazy ? Keep a replacement house insurance policy. LIPO is a very risky battery type if you do the " Screw this B S about a fire I can not put out ".

The beginning of the topic has .............SOME............ Not all the big SMOKEY batteries that went fireballing............ There are several battery chemistries that do not go FIREBALLING when they go to maximum BURNING RATE. Pick one.
Jul 28, 2021, 02:18 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
This video shows at 5:30 that a removed seal works quite well.

How to store LiPo battery safely - In depth LiPo fire tests (11 min 30 sec)

I only remove it partially and leave it at the latch area so that the latch still locks firmly and does not wiggle around. Images and description here:

https://translate.google.com/transla...5486%23p355486
Jul 29, 2021, 08:56 AM
Suspended Account
What happens when some guys ....Have posted several cubic feet of all sizes packed into a big box ?
Jul 29, 2021, 02:32 PM
rolling the dice

ya gotta ask yourself, "do I feel lucky?"

Dirty Harry Do You ( I ) Feel Lucky Punk? part 2 (2 min 4 sec)

Quick Reply