This thread is privately moderated by danielphantom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 21, 2021, 10:00 PM
Trader Rating: 179
Once in a lifetime
Thread OP
$1.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Cnc airfoil foamcutting service available

Hello,

prices are variable--60" generally go $50-- 2M go $65 plus shipping. Adding spars, multi-panel wings, large chord flying wings add a surcharge.

Am available to cut some blue foam cores for you, medium density foam . I have a good amount of Dow 3" blue foam 25 psi.

I have some European blue foam that is heavier than the 25psi--It isn't labeled but it seems to be around 60 load, it is 2.4lbs/cubic foot. Hi load 60 that I've measured is 2.27lbs/cubic foot.--It's over 4 inches thick. I can slice it down to whatever core that I will be cutting in it.

I have pink 25psi foam 1" thick

I have some Epp foam 2" thick some 1.9 mostly 1.3

I have some light 1lb white foam for lighter projects.

Send me an email to [email protected] if you have specific questions.

People ask me what I need to know in order to cut their wing cores--

Let me know the wingspan, root and tip chords, backsweep and the airfoil/s you would like to use.

I generally ship priority mail usps with tracking, if its going across the States, it may go parcel select with tracking if the priority gets too expensive.

I can cut off the leading edge/trailing edge and allow for skins if you're into sheeting with balsa/ply and need to add on a sub-leading edge/ailerons--I can cut in round spars, rectangular spars just let me know what you need.

Thanks,

Dan
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2021, 12:18 AM
Trader Rating: 7
Any idea on shipping to Hawaii .
Looking to build a 60inch hlg
Jul 23, 2021, 05:43 AM
Trader Rating: 179
Once in a lifetime
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiboy
Any idea on shipping to Hawaii .
Looking to build a 60inch hlg
Ballpark shipping is $12 for a box 21" x 8" x 4" 2lb box--to city hall Honolulu--If you want to email me your address I can give you a better idea.

Thanks,

Dan
Jul 23, 2021, 02:00 PM
Trader Rating: 47
Daniel does great work. Very accurate, little if any prep work needed on the cores before bagging.

If you want a specific thickness (like 8.25%) he can do that by adjusting for you covering material thickness, and wire burn. Different airfoils each end of each panel, no problem. Wash out, wash in, change in camber or % thickness, no problem.

Daniel is my go to buy for foam cores.

Tom f.
Jul 25, 2021, 02:48 AM
Trader Rating: 0
just show him pics, dimensions, dihedral, etc.. good customer service

Quick Reply