What the Heck Wednesday - Caption This Edition

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have a Caption This edition. Post your best caption for this photo.

Splash

It's on Fire!

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have a Caption This edition. Take a look at the poor rc airplane in the photo. It's on fire and in many pieces. Since we don't have video of the crash to break down, I'm asking you to post your best caption on what you think happened to this plane. It can be serious, funny, outlandish or whatever you'd like it to be. Here's mine. "I said medium well, not well done! and nobody at the table even ordered a flambé"

If you have a video of a weird or entertaining crash and would like to be featured on What the Heck Wednesday, please send me a PM with your submission.

Jul 21, 2021, 09:02 AM
Thats the hottest thing in 3d!
Jul 21, 2021, 09:03 AM
Tyro of the Hudson
CG seems off!
Jul 21, 2021, 09:08 AM
That thing almost hit me
Anybody have any marshmallows?
Jul 21, 2021, 09:24 AM
The prop still looks good.
Jul 21, 2021, 09:32 AM
Looks like that battery is puffed up a little.
Jul 21, 2021, 10:18 AM

It was mine.

That Phoenix is not rising, ever. If you're wondering what happened pretty sure the ESC caught fire. It took about 5 minutes to burn and it was hot. It had a brand new 6S in it. Never experienced a lipo fire so wasn't sure if the battery would explode or what. Rather than run to get the crash cart I stood by to make sure if there was an explosion I'd be there to stomp out the embers/flames.

BTW, this is Carl Henson Field and it is surrounded by ready to bail hay. The airplane crashed about two feet off the runway into the field. Grabbed the it by a wing and tossed it onto the grass before it caught the farmers crop on fire. That's all we need in Oregon is another fire!!
Jul 21, 2021, 10:35 AM
Intermediate Multi
Which ESC were you using, if you don't mind my asking?
Jul 21, 2021, 01:13 PM
Coming in HOT!
Jul 21, 2021, 01:24 PM

Lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeycatt15
Coming in HOT!
For sure.
Jul 21, 2021, 01:39 PM

Hobby Wing Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
Which ESC were you using, if you don't mind my asking?
Used Hobby Wing 80 amp Skywalker. The airplane had about 12 flights on it, never a problem, battery was brand new 6S - 5000 mAh 75C. The airplane had been flown on the exact same battery. Battery never got warm, can't say the same for the ESC but I never did smell anything getting warm.

Airplane veered hard right on a normal takeoff (normally pulled left) , didn't respond when I pulled the elevator. Flipped on it's top and fire was lapping out from under the cowl where the ESC was mounted.
Jul 21, 2021, 02:23 PM
New line of ESC. Called, Fireball. The hottest esc out!
Jul 21, 2021, 04:11 PM
Unregistered night flyer
Dont text and fly.
Jul 21, 2021, 04:39 PM
Its just a flesh wound!
Jul 21, 2021, 04:44 PM
Intermediate Multi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Flyer
Used Hobby Wing 80 amp Skywalker. The airplane had about 12 flights on it, never a problem, battery was brand new 6S - 5000 mAh 75C. The airplane had been flown on the exact same battery. Battery never got warm, can't say the same for the ESC but I never did smell anything getting warm.

Airplane veered hard right on a normal takeoff (normally pulled left) , didn't respond when I pulled the elevator. Flipped on it's top and fire was lapping out from under the cowl where the ESC was mounted.
Got it. Well, hopefully you've got a replacement plane in the works.

Quick Reply