Stator Uproar FPV Entertainment Show

This looks pretty crazy, possibly illegal on some things, but certainly a whole lotta fun coming from the Stator Uproar guys.

Splash

Episode 1 Coming Soon...

This looks pretty crazy, possibly illegal on some things, but certainly a whole lotta fun coming from the Stator Uproar guys. This is a new YouTube channel aimed to provide entertaining FPV content. The sizzle real below does a good job of showcasing some of the crazy antics we'll be seeing in the upcoming series. Should be fun to watch. Here's more info on the series from the creators.

"Carnage, mayhem, games: FPV entertainment like you've never seen before. All thrill, no shill. Shooting a whoop with a cannon? A steak knife on a quad? We're cranking it up to 11 on Stator Uproar, our new FPV entertainment show. Independently started by myself (PixelFPV) and Jake Soleil (SoleilFPV), we are beholden only to the quad gods with one goal: crazy drone games and challenges for your entertainment. We have three episodes queued for release, subscribe now to see what we have in store for you!"

Last edited by Jason Cole; Jul 17, 2021 at 02:14 PM..
Jul 19, 2021, 09:12 AM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
Idiots like this, doing moronic things with drones, are the reason the FAA has forced themselves into our hobby! This has nothing to do with modeling! It's just asinine!

Ralph
Jul 19, 2021, 10:29 AM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_g
idiots like this, doing moronic things with drones, are the reason the faa has forced themselves into our hobby! This has nothing to do with modeling! It's just asinine!

Ralph
+1 +1 +1

I know it's all been said before...these folks are NOT modelers, they are hobbyists whose only commonality with modelers is the r/c transmitter.

John
Last edited by nadt770; Jul 19, 2021 at 11:32 AM.
Jul 19, 2021, 10:49 AM
Quote:
"This looks pretty crazy, possibly illegal on some things,"

But that didn't stop you from advertising it?
Jul 19, 2021, 11:45 AM
Dumb Asses!!!
Jul 19, 2021, 12:47 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
People have been doing crazy things with airplanes long before drones were even a thing. Let's chat about it. What exactly is "dumb" or "moronic" or causing a problem with the FAA that these guys are doing?
Jul 19, 2021, 01:21 PM
What impression do you think someone from the FAA would get if they saw the vid with a sharp knife sticking out of a drone? It's just basic common sense. Surely you must realize this. Let's see if you can find a similar picture using a model airplane instead of a drone. I've never seen anyone fly a model with a 6" blade poking out!

You being an RCG administrator I think it is irresponsible and potentially damaging to the hobby in general for you to post this.

John
Last edited by nadt770; Jul 19, 2021 at 06:14 PM.
Jul 19, 2021, 01:45 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
You are entitled to your opinion. Having a knife sticking out doesn't make it more dangerous or all of sudden a threat to the hobby. It appears to have been used in a safe controlled environment. Talking about it here won't damage the hobby.
Jul 19, 2021, 03:05 PM
It's all about perception. With all the things going on with the government becoming involved in our hobby this video can't in any way be helpful. I can just imagine some bozo out there seeing this and deciding it looks like something fun to do at the neighborhood ball field. But as you say we are all entitled to our own opinions.

John
Jul 19, 2021, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
You are entitled to your opinion. Having a knife sticking out doesn't make it more dangerous .
Unbelievable! Anyone who doesn't see that this is bad for the hobby doesn't have the smarts to change their mind after any discussion! Look on YT and see all the low IQ morons that are signing up
Last edited by Aeronut41; Jul 19, 2021 at 05:16 PM.
Jul 19, 2021, 08:12 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Thanks for your comments on that. I disagree, but we don’t need personal attacks to prove a point. Let’s keep it civil.
Last edited by Jason Cole; Jul 19, 2021 at 08:40 PM.
Jul 19, 2021, 11:19 PM
I hesitate to even join this discussion... but let's go.

To the people who think they saw something horrible, please define it! Is it the sharp exposed object attached to a model aircraft, really?

Brian
Jul 20, 2021, 12:16 AM
John,

I don't mean to single you out, you just presented a few questions that covered the spectrum , so don't take it personal...

Let's think about the questions you asked.....

Do you really think that someone attaching a small fixed blade( that looks dull) to a model aircraft is on the list of things the FAA is worried about? Never mind the poor image it creates in your opinion, but is that really what someone who intends harm to people is gonna go with? It doesn't take much imagination to come up with something better. I'm honestly more worried about someone trying to get a cool pic of an airplane taking off and getting sucked into the engine on the plane I happen to be on.

"Model airplane" instead of a "drone"?? Did the FAA change something in there definitions?

And finally... I have craft with many different size "blades" attached to the front, and or top of them... some bigger than 6" even. And they all spin kinda fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadt770
What impression do you think someone from the FAA would get if they saw the vid with a sharp knife sticking out of a drone? It's just basic common sense. Surely you must realize this. Let's see if you can find a similar picture using a model airplane instead of a drone. I've never seen anyone fly a model with a 6" blade poking out!

You being an RCG administrator I think it is irresponsible and potentially damaging to the hobby in general for you to post this.

John
Jul 20, 2021, 07:53 AM
Hello jpbldr,

Not taking this personal at all, I'm always happy to hear other viewpoints and you do make some good points. Perhaps I'm wrong but my gut feeling is that the image is not a positive one. Not so much that it is intended to be a weapon of some sort but that it appears to be dangerous. I think we all understand that if the FAA had their way they would like to shut us all down except for the large commercial operators of "drones". These automated deliveries are the wave of the future and they are coming.

I agree that the FAA isn't specifically looking for things like this it's just my feeling that should the wrong person see it, perhaps not even the FAA, say a Senator who is a proponent of commercial drone operations it could be used as ammunition against us. If that particular video segment were to make the news at the hands of some Senator who wants us shutdown so as not to interfere with his buddies at Amazon. Apart from the crazies who would get stupid ideas, the public would most likely have a negative reaction to the image.

Yes, these are my opinions and as Jason said we are all entitled to our opinions as long as we are civil about it. My initial reaction and response was pretty strong, however I still feel that it is not in our best interests to have posted the image of the "knife" drone. I think it makes it more likely that it could be used against us in the long run.

Happy flights and stay clear of those big "blades" at the front!

John
Jul 20, 2021, 01:00 PM
It's all about the perception and what is intended. Yes, a lot of the rc aircraft have blades on them, but they are intended to propel the craft in flight, which will be perceived as normal to the public. Now the picture of the quad with a large knife sticking out the top would probably be perceived as intended to be used to impale something, or someone. Your probably correct about the FAA, they are more worried about flying above 400 feet, or in close proximity to an airport. Like what has already mentioned, is that the picture at the top, and in the video, will do is give your local ďKarenĒ ammunition to the get the park, or flying site, closed to all drones. By the way, this person is also the town mayor, or the spouse of a state senator, or similar. You get the idea, not saying it would happen, but donít think it couldnít. Its not even the fact that itís a quad, video something similar with a gas rc plane and a big spear or knife sticking out the front impaling something, and you would get the same reaction. What is a shame, is that a lot of the video looks like good fun, but good fun probably isnít going to get a new youtube channel very many views. Now show a thumbnail on youtube of a quad with large knife impaling something, worth a few clicks I guess, but at what cost to the rc community?

Quick Reply