Futaba - LT2F2000B – 2000 mAh Transmitter LiPo Battery

Here is a Futaba lipo for your TX!

Splash

Lithium Polymer Battery for T16IZ (UBA0151) N

The T16IZ has some pretty awesome features, one of them is the battery that powers it. With the new 2S LiPo the 16IZ offers brings reliable power in a compact size. You can also charge this battery on the go by USB-C in or out of the radio, it’s never been easier.

This is for TRANSMITTER use ONLY.

TYPE: Rechargeable 7.4V LiPo battery.

NOMINAL CAPACITY: 2000 mAh

CHARGING TEMPERATURE: 0 to 45° C

DISCHARGING TEMPERATURE: -20 to 60° C

STORAGE TEMPERATURE: -20 to 25° C

Learn More

Head over to FutabaUSA for more info.

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jul 07, 2021 at 09:56 AM..
Jul 07, 2021, 09:48 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
That's the first truly interesting development in transmitter batteries in a while. Having USB-C charge on the battery is interesting and more flexible than Spektrum's charger-integrated batteries (although with the correct wiring harness, you can charge the Spektrum ones off pretty much any 12-15V supply, AC or DC)

That said, the capacity is ridiculously low, especially for the price ($89.99). The Spektrum is the same capacity for $35, and includes an integrated charger as well.

Comparable-cost radios typically come with 2x or more capacity batteries (X20 is 4000mAh, iX12 and NX10 are 6000mAh 1s, which is 50% more capacity than this Futaba)
Jul 07, 2021, 01:18 PM
Futaba still believes this is the early 90's and early 2000's where they're the only game in town and can charge a premium on everything.
Jul 07, 2021, 06:35 PM
RCG -Minus Member
$90 seems a bit absurd for 2000mAh.
Jul 08, 2021, 03:55 AM
Win some lose some
Futaba makes great stuff. It's still the only brand I trust . I've seen for myself some weird stuff going on with some of the newer brands.
Latest blog entry: video
Jul 08, 2021, 04:52 AM
As everybody has seen weird stuff going on with Futaba etc etc. It wasn’t sent from on high to cure all rc problems.
Jul 08, 2021, 01:07 PM
All electronic goods are going to have occassional anamolies.
Most old school rc flyres will only trust the originals, ie Futaba, JR, Hitec, Airtronics, Spectrum.

Those who keep up with tech likely will move on to better. I personally have transitioned to newer multiprotocol radios. Many more features and better tech with SMD. I have found them to be MUCH more reliable than all the original brands.

All the older flyers at my field are still pulling there hair out fiddling with the old outdated radios that just have no features, and having more issues with brownouts etc.
Jul 08, 2021, 03:43 PM
•••••••••••
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude
$90 seems a bit absurd for 2000mAh.
Yep, but you can buy it directly from the OEM for le$$

http://www.yuntong-batt.com/plus/list.php?tid=7
Jul 09, 2021, 02:55 AM
Julian T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc manic
All electronic goods are going to have occassional anamolies.
Most old school rc flyres will only trust the originals, ie Futaba, JR, Hitec, Airtronics, Spectrum.

Those who keep up with tech likely will move on to better. I personally have transitioned to newer multiprotocol radios. Many more features and better tech with SMD. I have found them to be MUCH more reliable than all the original brands.

All the older flyers at my field are still pulling there hair out fiddling with the old outdated radios that just have no features, and having more issues with brownouts etc.
That's an interesting perspective but directly opposite to mine. I have seen problems with ALL brands of 2.4 - even the bedrock of reliability that is the Futaba R617 rx, I have seen one with an intermittent issue - it was replaced without question by Ripmax. That said, genuine radio problems are uncommon but certainly not rare if you include all the switch and dial failures I see (particularly on more 'cost effective' brands), RF deck failures (only on 'cost effective' brands) and the occasional reception failure which can be fairly reliably not put down to pilot error, rx power supply failure, etc.. Most old hands using old equipment have a better reliability record - and a far lower crash record.
Jul 09, 2021, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless
Yep, but you can buy it directly from the OEM for le$$

http://www.yuntong-batt.com/plus/list.php?tid=7
Have any info on how to get the correct battery? Their contact page is broken.

My old 14MZ used a Sony camera battery that was available everywhere.

Would love to find a source to get spares of this one.

There is some kind of a charge circuit in the battery since the USB is only 5Vdc and will not charge anything to 7.4 without some help. The charger also plugs directly into the battery.
Jul 09, 2021, 10:56 PM
•••••••••••
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinfool

we are talking different things here, I don't know who was the manufacturer of the 14MZ battery

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=10623

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29333247697...MAAOSwxW9dzsTh
Jul 10, 2021, 06:41 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinfool
Have any info on how to get the correct battery? Their contact page is broken.

There is some kind of a charge circuit in the battery since the USB is only 5Vdc and will not charge anything to 7.4 without some help. The charger also plugs directly into the battery.
USB-C is not necessarily 5V, it can be 9V, 15V or 20V as well, with the PD spec. USB-C PD maxes out at 20V/5A for 100W

That said, it’s probably running one of the basic 5V/2A power profiles.

As this is a 2 cell lipo, even without the need to shift voltage, a charge circuit is needed to manage the balancing and charge profile. You can’t dumb charge LiPo’s.
Jul 10, 2021, 10:51 AM
Team Futaba
It is 5V/2A.
y\You cannot simply slap another battery in there unless you plan to charge it outside the TX and use a dedicated lipo charger.
Jul 11, 2021, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless
we are talking different things here, I don't know who was the manufacturer of the 14MZ battery

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=10623

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29333247697...MAAOSwxW9dzsTh
Sorry, for misunderstanding. I am moving from my old 14MZ to the new 16IZH that I just received and am looking for a spare battery for the new 16IZH.
Futaba wanted $100 for their battery and the Sony replacements could be had for $35. And once I had a few if those I was opening them up and putting new cells in them as needed to save even more.
Once the first of this new battery dies I will cut it open to see just what is in there and see IF I can find replacement cells, BUT that is way down the road after one of the new ones actually dies.

I do not believe that the 2000mAh battery will last a full day of flying so I need a spare. The initial charge when I got the new TX took 3 hours to charge with the USB charger. I used the same high power adapter that charges my cell phone in a half hour. A 3 hour charge time is not conducive to field charging unless I plug it in at the end of every flight and I dont want to do that much messing around at the field.

I was thinking of just building up a LIon or even a LiPo pack with higher capacity. I understand that it will have to charged outside of the TX but I am already used to doing that from the old 14MZ, so no big deal to me.

I have been looking everywhere for replacements, so far FutabaUSA is the only place that actually has them in stock, (Many sites list them but have no stock and are still looking for the same $90 as direct from Futaba) So I may have to just bite the bullet and order one.

Quick Reply