What the Heck Wednesday - Beaver Down

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have another plane taking a mandatory landing the hard way. These guys are always hilarious on their videos...

Splash

Where's He Going?

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have another plane taking a mandatory landing the hard way. These guys are always hilarious on their videos and seem to provide endless entertainment and what the heck worthy moments. This new video is no different and starts out with a Beaver making a steep right hand turn that continues into a corkscrew of calamity. The guys knew it was coming with the "where is he going" comments and they weren't wrong. That poor beaver eats it hard just off the runway. The nose breaks off and there's likely plenty of other structural damage to the airframe and components.

So what the heck happened here?

If you have a video of a weird or entertaining crash and would like to be featured on What the Heck Wednesday, please send me a PM with your submission.

Jul 07, 2021, 11:59 AM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX
Man, those fella's down there do seem to crash a lot of airplanes. Since most of those guys in their vids seem to be of, ahem, retirement age I guess they don't have anything else to do but build and cra, uh, that is build and fly. Keep on enjoying the model life fellas, I'll be doing the same in 5 more years

John
Jul 07, 2021, 03:53 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadt770
Man, those fella's down there do seem to crash a lot of airplanes. Since most of those guys in their vids seem to be of, ahem, retirement age I guess they don't have anything else to do but build and cra, uh, that is build and fly.
Don't know about their club, but the median age of members of the NZMAA was something like 61 years old last time I heard. In my club about half of the plane fliers would be in their late 50s or older, I'm one of the younger guys at early 40s.

The heli and FPV guys are generally younger though.
Jul 07, 2021, 04:05 PM
The runway used to be longer
I have a feeling the guy with the channel thinks crashes will get him more views.
Jul 07, 2021, 09:17 PM
B for Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Mike
I have a feeling the guy with the channel thinks crashes will get him more views.
And history shows that this works.....

Considering the wobbles in the first part of the flight my money on the crash is radio issues.
Jul 09, 2021, 08:25 PM
Modeling Retread
I’ve watched Xjet’s videos for quite a while. The people in this video are his regular flying pals. You’ve got to give it to them, they never quit.

Quick Reply