Jul 31, 2021, 09:33 PM
Eentered the updated code. Up to 10 channels can be displayed without resetting. Thank you for your hard work in creating the code.

By the way, it seems that the relationship between the channel and the function is out of alignment on the receiver input screen. I tried to fix it on the TX side, but I couldn't set the stick polarity.

Thank you for your confirmation.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2021, 11:54 PM
Thread OP
Maybe you need a custom channel order? I’m pretty sure it was correct with my Taranis setup ( on both sbus and spectrum satellite), will confirm when I get home later this week.
Aug 01, 2021, 08:42 AM
I tried to find out how the channels and functions are out of alignment.

I'm using Futaba.Futaba's function array is AETR.
It turned out that if this arrangement is changed to ETAR on the TX side and the throttle and elevator are changed to reverse (throttle reverse of futaba is known), it becomes normal.
Of course, the OAV setting is futaba.

There may be a problem only with the Futaba settings.

This problem works fine with the above changes.
Aug 02, 2021, 11:52 AM
I will supplement the previous post.

I reversed the elevator because the polarity was not set automatically on the stick polarity screen and the Done was not displayed. Done was displayed only after the elevator was reversed.

If my memory was correct, I think the stick polarity was automatically set by the OAV.
I'm sorry if I made a mistake.

I'm sorry to post a lot when you don't touch the hardware.
Aug 02, 2021, 03:03 PM
San Diego California

Dear HobbyKing

To whom it may concern at HobbyKing,

Would you please consider this FC as your product. It won't be a big boom but will be long lasting product like your old KK board.
Aug 02, 2021, 10:09 PM
Purdue Engineering
It would be fairly straightforward to make a proper PCB out of this. Wouldn't be as cheap as if it were produced by someone like Hobbyking, but still fairly economical. The manufacturer of the Teensy sells chips pre-flashed with the bootloader and makes some schematics available specifically for the purpose of making Teensy-compatible custom boards. I'd be tempted to take a stab at it if I can fit it into my jumble of projects.

An alternative would be to try and port the code over to an STM32Fx architecture that'd work on the myriad of FPV flight controllers that are available. There'd be no hardware supply issues ever again, but not sure about the scope of the software challenge involved.
Aug 03, 2021, 07:07 AM
San Diego California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092
It would be fairly straightforward to make a proper PCB out of this. Wouldn't be as cheap as if it were produced by someone like Hobbyking, but still fairly economical. The manufacturer of the Teensy sells chips pre-flashed with the bootloader and makes some schematics available specifically for the purpose of making Teensy-compatible custom boards. I'd be tempted to take a stab at it if I can fit it into my jumble of projects.

An alternative would be to try and port the code over to an STM32Fx architecture that'd work on the myriad of FPV flight controllers that are available. There'd be no hardware supply issues ever again, but not sure about the scope of the software challenge involved.
Yes, I'm a big fan of PCB rather than "spaghetti wired" chipset and guessed someone who has a connection with "hobby level EMS" in China.
Although I can't contribute any for this project but still would like to try it as a user.
If it comes out like KK2.1.5 package, I'm willing to pay $100 for it.
Aug 03, 2021, 04:23 PM
Thread OP
Are there any STM based boards with more than 4 easily accessible outputs anymore? I have an F4 based Quanton controller that would be great for this, but it’s long out of production. I “think” the display library is easily ported, the rest is fairly straightforward.

As far as a pwb goes, I might look into one that holds the current components (breakout board style), but not one that starts from individual discrete components. Something the average hobbyist could easily assemble.

One step at a time……
Aug 03, 2021, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Back on the prototype path. I found some really small MPU6050 breakout boards (from a brushless gimbal I think), and using one of them allows me to use the teensy 4.1 on the same form factor (LED current limiting resistors will go under the teensy).
Aug 04, 2021, 06:40 AM
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! Gold medal. Keep going.

As I’m sure you’re aware, there are several PCB rapid prototyping services available now that could make you prototype boards for very low cost.

Watching with much interest !!!
Aug 04, 2021, 11:01 AM
Purdue Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein
Are there any STM based boards with more than 4 easily accessible outputs anymore? I have an F4 based Quanton controller that would be great for this, but it’s long out of production. I “think” the display library is easily ported, the rest is fairly straightforward.

As far as a pwb goes, I might look into one that holds the current components (breakout board style), but not one that starts from individual discrete components. Something the average hobbyist could easily assemble.

One step at a time……
Some Matek boards that are geared more towards airplanes (F405-Wing, F765-Wing, etc.) have a dozen outputs or so. Lots of STM32 variants have become tough to get during the chip shortage, but hopefully that's temporary.
Aug 05, 2021, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein View Post
Are there any STM based boards with more than 4 easily accessible outputs anymore? I have an F4 based Quanton controller that would be great for this, but it’s long out of production. I “think” the display library is easily ported, the rest is fairly straightforward
These OpenPilot Revolution clones are still out there, cheap with SWD port, published schematic. Decent number of outputs available if you use serial receiver (https://www.readytoflyquads.com/open...evolution-acro).
Aug 06, 2021, 07:32 PM
Thread OP
Some progress, display and MPU are wired in and tested. LEDs, switches, and connector will need to wait for the weekend when the light is better......
Aug 13, 2021, 09:26 PM
Thread OP
Found a major error in the code. I either can't type, or can't do simple math, or both.......

The delta time variable was incorrectly coded as 0.02 (50 Hz) rather than 0.002 (500 Hz). This affect both the imu attitude estimation and the pid computations. Correction has been pushed to the repo.
Aug 15, 2021, 03:40 PM
I'm still stepping on rc input and stick polarity.

I have a KK2 board with OAV installed, so I tried it with the same TX and RX and there was no problem.

I would like you to check it if you like.
If this is a problem that only happens to my hardware, I must have made a mistake.

If your TX can Change the ch order ,whether the futaba AETR is displayed correctly in the rc input and whether the AETR is reflected correctly when using the custom channel order.

Also, if you move the two sticks to the upper right on the stick polarity screen, Done will be displayed on the screen, regardless of whether it is normal or reverse, and check whether the polarity is set automatically..
(It is necessary to set the polarity of the throttle in advance with TX)

In the case of the KK2 board, it was found that the functions other than the throttle are returned to the correct polarity in the stick polarity section even if the polarity of the TX is intentionally reversed.

I don't know programming, so I can only report what I noticed.

I wish I could understand my poor English .
I want to see teensy OAV flying successfully!

Quick Reply