This thread is privately moderated by Denisesewa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 21, 2021, 07:20 PM

Flying Sept 22nd

I can make it for a few hours in the morning. Maybe -8 to 10+ for a few flights.

We've been working on a way to make two bombing runs before landing. Hopefully I'll have a sample in the morning. There is a mailbox at the field and I put some of the 3D printed bomb droppers in it. If there is one in there without a specific name on it, it is for anyone that wants one. I've been working on several different versions so if someone sees something specific let me know and I'll try to run off.
Sep 22, 2021, 11:24 AM
Are we ready for these? lol How many of these guys do you think can make it on target? Good luck. lol I'll print up some and throw them in the mailbox.
Sep 23, 2021, 09:28 AM

Trailer

Found a nice rc plane trailer for sale
Sep 23, 2021, 06:36 PM
1954 with escapements till now

stuff in the mail box

I'm missing out on too many neat things!
Have not been to the field, every attempt is either wind or something else that keeps me away. We have Dr appointments next Wednesday and will be leaving on a trip of ? weeks, probably at least 3, going to Niagara, New England, AMA, to maiden the wife's Liberty Sport there, drop off a donation that Blackwell was so kind to offer and hopefully have a good time. Got to do some camping on the Cankamagus trail and watch the leaves drop. So, we'll be back after 5-6,000 miles from now. Thought about going to Nall in the Fall but too many people and you seldom get to fly with a gang that big. Hard to break into a line of 500-2000 pilots ahead of you.

Maybe in the next few days I might be able to attend the good times at the field before we leave. Keep your times posted.

EOM
Sep 25, 2021, 11:21 AM

You have a very busy schedule laid out

Chuck, have a great trip.

Reecently I made it to our new airfield and made a maiden flight of my latest baby, the Arrows Bigfoot. Photo attached (I HOPE). [ Not familiar with inputting to RC Groups].

I've just flew it for its 6th flight at my house. Its a nice sport/trainer flight with limited acrobatics. With the Tundra large tires it does great with my rough sod field. Someday I might try a higher voltage battery, although it doesn't need more power.
Sep 25, 2021, 12:54 PM
1954 with escapements till now
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowec
Chuck, have a great trip.

Reecently I made it to our new airfield and made a maiden flight of my latest baby, the Arrows Bigfoot. Photo attached (I HOPE). [ Not familiar with inputting to RC Groups].

I've just flew it for its 6th flight at my house. Its a nice sport/trainer flight with limited acrobatics. With the Tundra large tires it does great with my rough sod field. Someday I might try a higher voltage battery, although it doesn't need more power.
Neat Plane Marlow! Sorry I didn't get to see you there. Hope you like the field! And you did just perfect with the photo too.
Sep 25, 2021, 02:02 PM
Hi Chuck. I'm sometimes lazy and fly out my front door. but from now on I will combine my trips to Canon City (i.e. doctor, dentist, prescriptions, shopping, etc) with a trip to Shadow Hills airfield. I now have 3 planes ready to go with the Uproar waiting for repairs to be completed.
Sep 25, 2021, 08:34 PM

Flying Sept 26th

Going to try to make it out for a couple hours in the morning. Hopefully the weather is good.
Sep 28, 2021, 11:40 AM
Beautiful day today flew my Twist and old WW1 plane . Left at 10 and the wind was about 0
Oct 02, 2021, 07:55 PM
Anyone planning on flying tomorrow morning or afternoon ?
Oct 03, 2021, 12:11 AM
Todd Janes

Beautiful calm day on the fairway

Got a few good flights in with the electric P47 today. Looking forward to flying with the other members.
Oct 03, 2021, 06:20 PM
Ron Petrosky

Hello all!

sorry I missed the meeting last night. Really busy, family, house (drainage projects, etc.), school, but hope to get back flying next week. 'been working on Great Planes sport scale 40 sized F4U Corsair as I get time. Changed markings from kit for an overall sea blue Corsair to new markings of VF17 and tri-color camo. White under the fuse horizontal tail surfaces and center wing will make it easier to see the orientation of the model in flight....I hope!. All markings are hand painted or airbrushed through masks. Enjoying your posts and pictures. See you!
Ron
Oct 05, 2021, 04:22 PM

Flying Oct 6th

Looks like the wind might be down to a respectable level in the morning. I'll try to be out there before 9.
Oct 09, 2021, 10:42 AM
Ron Petrosky
Hello all, well, I was at the field this morning, weather forecast on my phone and laptop said partly cloudy, no mention of rain. At Four Mile, no wind, high clouds.... perfect! I loaded up the car and headed out. On the way a few drops, no biggie. I'm thinking of Gene Kelly dancing, "I'm flying in the rain, just flying in the rain, what a glorious feeling, I'm flying again...." while a few drops would come and then stop. Reality was, I get to the field take every thing out, get the Kaydet assembled and fueled, connect the igniter and start flipping the prop and the pitter-patter of raindrops on the Monokote starts. A little at first, then the drum beat gets constant and everything is getting wet and the wind is picking up pretty seriously. So I pack up and go back home.... no Gene Kelly moment! Look on my face is, "What do these guys know that I don't?"
Oct 10, 2021, 09:07 PM
Beautiful day today, some wind, but lots of sun and a little chilly. I got in 5 flights with the Aeroscout. Denny came out and made a spectacular video, but haven't uploaded it yet...working on it. Anyways a big thank you to Denny for his awesome help today with the drone video.

Quick Reply