Sequre 65W Digital OLED Programmable Mini Soldering Iron

Check out this portable soldering iron for field or home use. It's small, light and has a digital display.

Splash

Introduction

Size: 170mm (with tip)
Input Voltage: 12-24V
Operating Temp: 300C
Available From: Sequre
Price: $52.90

Soldering in the field can save the day, especially if you traveled some distance to get to the flying site. Wires break and being able to fix it on site can be the difference between a fun day of flying or a sad trip back home. This Sequre 65W portable soldering iron is small and easy to keep with you in your field or transmitter box. It runs off of 12-24V DC so you can likely use one of your flight batteries to power it when needed. Let's check out what it comes with.

What's in the Box

• SQ-001 Mini Soldering Iron
  • Choice of Iron Tips When Ordering
  • Input Power Lead with XT60 Connector
  • Iron Holder with Sponge Pad
  • Allen Wrench and Tip Attachment Screws
  • Instruction Manual
  • Stickers

Video

TM-001 Soldering Iron (5 min 15 sec)

Accessories

One of the best accessories I'd suggest to purchase is the portable carry case. It's a nice zippered case that has pockets and elastic bands to carry the iron and all the supplies you'd want to have with you.

Assembly

The only thing you need to do is attach the soldering iron tip by inserting it into the slot and securing it with the provided screws on each side. The power lead just plugs into the bottom of the base and you are ready to solder. There's also a micro USB port on the bottom that can be used for firmware updates or changing the default parameters.

Soldering

When you connect power to the iron, the digital display lights up with the brand logo and software version. Then it prompts you to press the A button to heat up the tip. That's a nice feature as the tip does not get hot just because you connect power to the unit. Once you press the A button the iron heats up to 300C which is the default temp. Press and hold the A button and you can then use the A and B buttons to select a different temperature up to 400C. I was using a 4S 1600mAH lipo during my testing and the iron quickly heats up to temp. The time it takes will vary depending on the input voltage. The manual states 40 seconds to reach 300C on 12V and 11 seconds on 24V. It seems to reach temp much quicker than stated however.

Once the iron is up to temp, it's ready to solder. The plastic body feels good in your hands and provides ample protection and control. I was easily able to solder up a Deans connector with about a 12AWG wire. I'm sure it will handle larger wire too, it may just need to keep the heat on a little longer. If you are going to be soldering larger wire and connectors, I'd suggest getting closer to 24V for your input source power. Overall, it does the job and it's easy to use. The user interface is intuitive and simple and I like seeing what the temp is on the screen.

Conclusion

I really like this soldering iron for field repairs and at events. It's small enough that it's easy to keep with your other gear which means that it will be there when you need it. Just hook up a flight battery and you are all set to fix any broken leads. It works great and hold temp for just about any RC soldering job you could need. The optional storage case is perfect for keeping the iron, solder, heat shrink and any other supplies you'd need to complete a solder job. I still use my home set up for normal soldering jobs, but this little unit is going to live in my RC go bag and I'm sure it will come in handy.

Check out the Sequre 65W Digital OLED Programmable Mini Soldering Iron Here

RCGroups.com Review Policies

Our intent is to provide fair and unbiased reviews so that consumers can make informed decisions regarding new products. Some things you should know about our review process:

• RCGroups.com review items are provided by hobby manufacturers and suppliers, some of whom may be RCGroups advertisers.
  • Review products are sent directly to independent reviewers, chosen by RCGroups.com.
  • RCGroups.com reviewers are not compensated by either RCGroups.com or the reviewed item's supplier. However, they are allowed to keep the review items at no charge.
  • Published reviews reflect the opinion of the author.
  • When a conflict arises between a review sponsor and a reviewer (which is rare), RCGroups attempts to work out a satisfactory solution for all parties. In some cases, this may mean that a finished review will go unpublished, or be subjected to editing for technical accuracy. RCGroups reserves the final say as to whether an article is fit for publication.

It is always our intent to provide a place for honest and open commentary, and to put the needs of our visitors first. If you feel that something we've published is inaccurate, please let us know using the contact form.

Last edited by Jason Cole; Jul 02, 2021 at 07:41 AM..
Jul 01, 2021, 08:52 AM
Running jokes into the ground
Looks like a ts100 with buttons in place of the rocker switch. Which isnt a bad thing if its a rebrand, ts100 is an extremely solid and handy tool.
Jul 01, 2021, 08:40 PM
I have one, its cheaper than TS100 solder but it works the same.
Jul 01, 2021, 09:01 PM
Thanks Jason's review! It also has a interesting function, you can customize the boot logo of the SQ-001 soldering iron by yourself.
Jul 09, 2021, 07:37 AM
RC Flying Rules!
Nice review, but it lists a lot of different models.
What's the difference between the different ones?

Thanks!

VRF201
Jul 09, 2021, 11:23 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Those will designate which tip you want. You can reference the image with the tips along with their model numbers.
Jul 09, 2021, 11:24 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequre
Thanks Jason's review! It also has a interesting function, you can customize the boot logo of the SQ-001 soldering iron by yourself.

Interesting! I'll have to play with that.
Jul 09, 2021, 11:35 AM
Flying every chance I get!
This looks great. I picked up the Worx Maker X ultimate bundle with a similar iron and I ended up putting my bench soldering iron away to make room. Best tool in the Worx kit though was the portable mini heat gun. If I get to the field and see a wrinkle in some covering, I can smooth it out quick. I almost never see the wrinkles at home. I love all these tools. Great review.
Latest blog entry: The Winter Projects
Jul 09, 2021, 11:44 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Thanks! Yeah a portable heat gun sounds like a handy thing to put in the tool bag as well.
Jul 09, 2021, 12:31 PM
RC Flying Rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Those will designate which tip you want. You can reference the image with the tips along with their model numbers.
Thanks Jason!

Quick Reply