iX20 20-Channel Special Edition Transmitter

The Spektrum™ iX20 offers the best features and capabilities for advanced pilots who fly high-performance aircraft — and the best gets even better with this Special Edition version that adds exclusive upgrades for a top-of-the-line flying experience.

Splash

iX20 SE

The most powerful, intelligent, and feature-packed Spektrum™ transmitter to date, the 20-channel iX20 has given accomplished pilots the tools they need to fly today's most advanced, high-performance aircraft. This Special Edition version includes all of the original's programming and connectivity innovations and adds exclusive upgrades, making the iX20 SE a uniquely pro-class flying experience.

Like the iX20, the iX20 SE features Hall effect sensor gimbals that offer advanced precision, low maintenance, and exceptionally smooth operation. For this Special Edition transmitter, the gimbals are constructed of premium machined aluminum that maximizes ergonomic comfort. A high-quality, lanyard style neck strap adds hands-free convenience. A Special Edition aluminum dual transmitter case is included for transporting the iX20 SE safely and in style — perfect whether you're going to the local field or to compete with the world's top pilots.

Crafted by Mirco Pecorari and AircraftStudioDesign, the iX20 SE transmitter demonstrates a singular understanding of the features and ergonomics desired by high-level RC pilots. Most apparent is the giant, 5-inch, 720p color touch-display with leading-edge Android technology. The Spektrum AirWare™ App has a refined, user-friendly interface. Speech-to-text functionality makes it easier than ever to set up custom telemetry warnings, reports and more. Just talk to the iX20 SE, and it will listen.

The iX20 SE also offers the best of Spektrum Smart Technology with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and voice recognition connectivity along with third-party app availability, capacitive-touch switch sensing and third-party module support via the integrated serial communication port. It's compatible with Smart telemetry, supporting Smart batteries and Smart ESCs with multiple screens and warnings.

For advanced pilots who fly high-performance aircraft — and any hobbyist who appreciates next-generation innovation — this Special Edition version of the iX20 opens the door to unlimited possibilities.

Spektrum™ iX20 20-Channel Smart Transmitter System (3 min 12 sec)

This Special Edition version of the most powerful, intelligent, and feature-packed Spektrum transmitter to date includes all of the original iX20 programming and connectivity innovations plus exclusive upgrades, for a uniquely pro-class flying experience.

Next Generation Innovation The Spektrum™ iX20 smart radio is our most powerful, feature-packed 20-channel air transmitter to date and host to a wide array of innovations and upgrades. It was designed to meet the present and future needs of pro pilots who want top-class features, easy programmability, and the capabilities required to fly high-performance aircraft.

The iX20 may be the most advanced intelligent transmitter available with an Android 7 touch-screen interface – but that doesn't mean it's hard to use. The giant 5-inch, 720p color touch-display makes working with state-of-the-art technology comfortable and exciting. All-new Spektrum AirWare™ firmware has been streamlined and enhanced to deliver an overall faster experience. When you delve into the details, you'll see that the iX20 is much more than just our next intelligent transmitter.

CONVENIENT WI-FI, BLUETOOTH AND USB CONNECTIVITY

When connected to Wi-Fi, the iX20 transmitter gets even smarter. Spektrum™ AirWare™ Touch app update alerts are automatic, plus you can download model setups and add third-party apps. The iX20 can connect with just about any Bluetooth device. This means you can use wireless earbuds or even your phone's earpiece for voice alerts. Music, voice alerts and more are heard privately with outstanding clarity. A micro USB port allows you to charge the internal Li-Ion battery with an ordinary USB-to-Micro USB cable. It can also be used to connect flight controllers, recognize accessory devices and provide a convenient link to your PC or laptop.

For Much More Info!

To get pricing and a lot more info click here.

Jun 25, 2021, 09:32 AM
I would like a list of features that ONLY the SE version has over the "plain" version. What can the new version do that the old version cannot?

Ali
Jun 25, 2021, 09:45 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aehaas
I would like a list of features that ONLY the SE version has over the "plain" version. What can the new version do that the old version cannot?

Ali
The change seems to be the gimbals, which are now aluminum CNC.

Otherwise it's just included accessories (dual-TX case instead of single-TX case)

If you have an iX20, you can get Spektrum to upgrade to the SE gimbals for $499.99
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:54 AM
Esprit Model
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).
Jun 26, 2021, 09:45 AM
FL, Sanford
At that price, why not just get Jeti Duplex DS-16 G2?
Jun 26, 2021, 05:50 PM
Suspended Account
Horizon cant even get out a 12 or 20 channel receiver WHY make a super ix20 how stupid do they think we are
Jun 26, 2021, 07:58 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Tough crowd.
Jun 27, 2021, 03:41 AM
I knew they were eventually gonna make an SE version, the stock gimbals and build was trash compared to quality gimbals you get everywhere else for the same price or less. Can't beat the feeling of a transmitter with an excellent gimbal feel, that's your true connection to your aircraft
Jun 27, 2021, 03:42 AM

Cool

Duplicate post
Jun 27, 2021, 12:35 PM
Damn. Now watch the price for the regular IX20 plummet as everyone dumps theirs for the SE... Anyone want a new IX20 for $1200.00?
-Dave B
Jun 27, 2021, 01:15 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bristow
Damn. Now watch the price for the regular IX20 plummet as everyone dumps theirs for the SE... Anyone want a new IX20 for $1200.00?
-Dave B
I don't see any iX20 owners dumping their units for an SE when you can upgrade the radio itself to an SE for $500, which is less than the delta between a used iX20 and an SE.
Jun 27, 2021, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
I don't see any iX20 owners dumping their units for an SE when you can upgrade the radio itself to an SE for $500, which is less than the delta between a used iX20 and an SE.
$500 is insane......... for a set of gimbals, good lord that's an X20 with money to spare.
Jun 27, 2021, 02:01 PM
I think you might be taking what I said too seriously. Also, I believe its just a gimbal swap right? Not an actual "upgrade to an SE" which looks to have other features which are not part of a base IX20... Anyway I'm just finding all of this out so I'm simultaneously irritated, excited and ignorant. If anyone can clarify and describe how one might send in their IX20 for either a "SE gimbal upgrade" or an "upgrade to an SE" please.... do tell.
-Dave B

Never liked the plastic gimbals... excited I may get to ditch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Jun 27, 2021, 02:36 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bristow
I think you might be taking what I said too seriously. Also, I believe its just a gimbal swap right? Not an actual "upgrade to an SE" which looks to have other features which are not part of a base IX20... Anyway I'm just finding all of this out so I'm simultaneously irritated, excited and ignorant. If anyone can clarify and describe how one might send in their IX20 for either a "SE gimbal upgrade" or an "upgrade to an SE" please.... do tell.
-Dave B

Never liked the plastic gimbals... excited I may get to ditch them.
I'd originally thought there were more differences in the radio, but as of right now the gimbals and the nameplate are the only differences in the radio itself, the rest is an 'SE Package' including a bigger case and possibly some other branded bits, much like the DX9 Black Edition and the various special iX12 packages but unlike the DX18QQ (which got some extra software features otherwise unique to the later DX18G2 and DX20)

The gimbal swap requires a trip to Horizon service, I think you will simply have to contact support requesting the upgrade (that's how previous upgrades, like the DSMX ones, were handled.
Jun 27, 2021, 02:45 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Since neither the ix12 or ix20 implement support for Betaflight VTX tables, and this was causing me no end of headaches with my quad fleet, and it was made clear in responses from Horizon people in the ix20 thread that Horizon has no interest in updating their implementation to properly support the current and future versions of Betaflight, so I bought a Radiomaster TX16S Max to use for my quads, instead.

It has a color LCD touch screen, a 4-in-1 radio module that supports Spektrum, Futaba, and a bunch of other protocols (including two-way telemetry), voice annunciation, and hall effect CNC aluminum gimbals. It even comes with a set of CNC machined "spacer plates" you can put between the gimbal and the back side of the front of the case to move the gimbals deeper in to the radio for people who like that feel. Leather side-grips. Module bay (so I can also run Crossfire without having to "wart" a large module on to the back of the radio). It's 1/2 the cost of an ix12, 1/4th what an ix20 costs, and quite arguably more feature rich.

I'll keep my ix radios for my airplanes and helis, probably. But I think I'm done spending big $ on Spektrum transmitters. They forced me to look at alternatives and I like what I'm seeing. Too bad for them, too, as over the years I've bought a DX6i, DX7, DX7s, DX8 (2), DX9 (2), ix12, and ix20.

This ix20 SE is, IMO, an insult to the Spektrum customer base. Essentially amounting to "Badge Engineering", with a minor mechanical tweak that arguably should have been there to begin with (on a radio that costs this much), and bumping the price way up to maximize their profits instead of investing their resources in refining and improving the top-of-the-line products their customers have already purchased from them.

I'm a bit disgruntled.

Quick Reply