This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 19, 2021, 07:46 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Hobbyzone Sport Cub S 2 Maiden Flight

Hobbyzone Sport Cub S 2 (7 min 41 sec)

I set up all the flight surfaces as straight and level as I could .
Battery is a Nanotech 260mAh 1s , it's simply a press fit into the battery bay / slot .
CG did seem to be good .
The S 2 did balloon quite a bit , and to not hang off the prop I needed a fair amount of down elevator .
That really slow flight , the S 2 is hanging off the prop some what .
I came home and made a adjustment to the elevator ( down trim ) . The more power I gave , the more it climbed .

Beginner Mode - Wow , can still turn tight . very smooth and my only complaint is the ballooning .
Intermediate mode - Far more responsive , maybe too much so . Really took me by surprise . For a moment I thought I had entered expert mode .
Expert Mode - Seemed a little lethargic to me .

Really going to have to trim out that ballooning .
Power - yeah , needs more power ! Just , under powered .

As a beginner plane . I can see that . Just needs more power so as to grow with the pilot .

Hmmm , Does it offer anything that the UMX Turbo Timber does not ?
Since I own both , I think the TT is the better choice . The size difference is marginal . Where you can fly is pretty much the same . Price ? Rather close .
If you think the TT is too expensive , then give up a few Beers or cigarettes or both and put that money into the TT .
So after adjusting the elevator , I need a 2nd maiden . Be nice to see what the S 2 can do without ballooning .

Oh yeah , at 66 grams flying weight . It really does feel - even the gentlest breeze . And the ballooning would not have helped in that regard .
So I hope I can get it to fly straight and level .

Nanotech - I think I made a good choice there . After flying for over 6 minutes ( 5 minute timer ) the battery was 3.86v when I came home . So looks like that 260mAh can do it easy . And I did not see any signs of terrible voltage sag under load .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply