Jun 16, 2021, 04:51 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Spectrum DX7s loses bind

I successfully bind but when attempting to restart there is no bind. This used to work real well but I haven't used it in 2 yrs and cannot get it to work. All components are spectrum orig. equip. Batteries are well charged. ??????
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2021, 06:09 PM
I had the same problem. I was told I needed to update my receiver code.
“ You need this cable first. https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../SPMA3065.html

After you have that, install the software (link is on that same page) on your PC.

The PC software will walk you through the Firmware Update process.

Andy
Jun 17, 2021, 07:58 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
What receiver?

Many receivers do not initialize until a certain condition is met (receiver orientation for the SAFE receivers, enough remote receivers linked for many others). This looks like a bind failure (ie the receiver does not light and no servo control) but it's not.
Jun 17, 2021, 10:33 AM
Thread OP

Tx problem?

When I have it bound I can remove the Rx battery, then replace the battery and the bind resumes. However, when it is bound and I shut off the Tx the bind is lost. ??
Jun 17, 2021, 10:48 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramspilot10
When I have it bound I can remove the Rx battery, then replace the battery and the bind resumes. However, when it is bound and I shut off the Tx the bind is lost. ??
When you shut off the TX, does the Spektrum logo fade out or turn off immediately.

If the latter, the transmitter has a hardware issue and needs repair/replacement (not sure if Horizon can still service the DX7s).

Transmitter settings, including BIND data, are saved while the logo fades out on power down, if it doesn't fade, it's not saving anything.
Jun 17, 2021, 10:53 AM
+1

You can test this by being on the main screen and pressing CLEAR and BACK at the same time. This will give you the Model Select screen. Select a different model, any model and click.

This will save the current model and load the new one.

Power off the radio.

Power the radio on again while holding down the roller.

Go to Model Select. Pick the model you bound a minute ago and click.

WHen you get the menu again, press BACK.

Now does it re-connect to the receiver?

Andy
Jun 17, 2021, 08:43 PM
Thread OP

Responses

Thanks to you guys for responding. I now find that I will be unable to check out the Tx as recommended until next week. I will get back to you. Thanx,Rich
Jun 27, 2021, 03:39 PM
Thread OP

DSX7s losing bind when shut off

Andy, I finally got to try your tests as given in the above post and find that all results are positive. I get a re-connect to the receiver but then it is lost when then radio is shut down and the bind is then lost.

Maw offered a test to find out if data can be saved and I got a positive on this too. When powering off the radio the Spectrum logo fades out top to bottom.
So where do I go from here? I am not very computer savvy and hope that I am not faced with Firmware issues, and I have an iMac and not a PC.

Would you suggest sending the Tx into HH for a fix?
Jun 27, 2021, 03:44 PM
First, please reply to the question as to what receiver are you dealing with? Do you have only one receiver?
Jun 27, 2021, 03:49 PM
What receiver are you using? That's very important.

Based upon that, I'll make a recommendation.

Andy
Jun 28, 2021, 07:01 AM
Thread OP

DX7s

A friend now has this radio and he called to say that it is now working. Receivers are AR7000. Thanks for being of help.
Jun 28, 2021, 07:20 AM
AR7000 will require use of the remote receiver during the bind process (and after) for it to reconnect after a power loss.

Andy

Quick Reply