Nov 26, 2021, 05:28 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer

Of course I have to Bind a model to the new machine. (YES, I did try without Binding, just to make sure). Question: Is there a trick which could avoid the requirement to re-Bind, such as an alias for the Tx identifier that the model software looks for? Similar to the situation where you can set the same receiver # on two different models in the same Tx and they are both Bind-ed.
Have a look at Pascal's Multiconfig script

https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ipts/README.md
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2021, 06:26 PM
Risto,
Thank you sir! I have it all working now. Thank you.
Nov 27, 2021, 05:53 AM

Multiple MLVSS ETX bug?

I have 2 FrSky MLVSS sensors in my setup (Flight bat and RX separate bat). And before you ask, yes they have different ID's and latest firmware 2017. Config is TX16 with ETX 2.5. The two sensors are discovered OK in telemetry. But you can only add "calculated" values to the first registered (at discover time) sensor. When selecting the second sensor, selection is not retained/registered. Note that with this exact same setup, the problem does not occur in OTX 3.14 running on my Jumper T16S where all is OK.
Before registering this (possible) bug @ETX , I wanted to check if somebody got similar results.
THX
Nov 27, 2021, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanD3
I have 2 FrSky MLVSS sensors in my setup (Flight bat and RX separate bat). And before you ask, yes they have different ID's and latest firmware 2017. Config is TX16 with ETX 2.5. The two sensors are discovered OK in telemetry. But you can only add "calculated" values to the first registered (at discover time) sensor. When selecting the second sensor, selection is not retained/registered. Note that with this exact same setup, the problem does not occur in OTX 2.3.14 running on my Jumper T16S where all is OK.
Before registering this (possible) bug @ETX , I wanted to check if somebody got similar results.
THX
Hi Dan!

This looks like an interesting bug! Could you please post your model files so I could check them?
Nov 27, 2021, 11:01 AM
@pafleraf
As per request. I'm curious for your conclusion(s)
Regards
Nov 27, 2021, 11:11 AM
@pafleraf
MLVSS - for completeness
Nov 27, 2021, 05:48 PM
Hi all does Edgtx support the new Sbus selector 16 or 24 mode for Access receivers ?
Nov 28, 2021, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak-54
Hi all does Edgtx support the new Sbus selector 16 or 24 mode for Access receivers ?
Have a look ...

KH
Nov 28, 2021, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123
Have a look ...

KH
thank you for the reply
that's only the number Ch
opentx is the same

the new Sbus protocol for access receivers
it tells the receivers what to output when you bind Sbus out 16 or 24 for RB-30 or RB40 or any flight controller to output 16 or 24
Nov 28, 2021, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123
Compiling your own firmware from sources is not a big deal. I am not an expert, but did it several times.

The documentation is very well made and up to date.

https://github.com/EdgeTX/edgetx/wik...bugging-EdgeTX

and

https://github.com/EdgeTX/edgetx/blo...l/fwoptions.py

lists the building option BT for your radio.

Code:
options_radiomaster_tx16s = {
    "noheli": ("HELI", "NO", "YES"),
    "ppmus": ("PPM_UNIT", "US", "PERCENT_PREC1"),
    "lua": ("LUA", "YES", "NO_MODEL_SCRIPTS"),
    "nogvars": ("GVARS", "NO", "YES"),
    "faimode": ("FAI", "YES", None),
    "faichoice": ("FAI", "CHOICE", None),
    "nooverridech": ("OVERRIDE_CHANNEL_FUNCTION", "NO", "YES"),
    "flexr9m": ("MODULE_PROTOCOL_FLEX", "YES", None),
    "bluetooth": ("BLUETOOTH", "YES", "NO"),
    "internalgps": ("INTERNAL_GPS", "YES", "NO"),
    "externalaccessmod": ("HARDWARE_EXTERNAL_ACCESS_MOD", "YES", "NO"),
    "flyskyhallsticks": ("FLYSKY_HALL_STICKS", "NO", "YES"),    
}
KH
Hi @Pafleraf ,

I would find it good if the user could choose what he wants / needs, similar to OpenTX see screenshot.
Nov 28, 2021, 04:40 AM
4c 6f 76 65 20 52 2f 43
@Slope Devil
an online build system is in the works, where you can "click together" your custom firmware build with the options, like in the Companion dialog (and more). Here the current state: https://github.com/EdgeTX/cloudbuild
Nov 28, 2021, 04:41 AM
Great
Nov 28, 2021, 04:48 AM
Quote:
I am starting to fear due to the lack of technical details from Frsky to Edge/Opentx devs that Frsky,s newer ACCESS protocol features are going to perhaps not be supported or at least hindered severely in the future. Certainly Frsky is no longer the devs only focus. Gladly be wrong there but would be somewhat understandable. You should make a official request for the feature on Github, I myself would request it but don't like to ask for something I do not require at the moment just because.
Last edited by raydar; Nov 28, 2021 at 04:56 AM.
Nov 28, 2021, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slope devil
hi @pafleraf ,

i would find it good if the user could choose what he wants / needs, similar to opentx see screenshot.
Is OTX 2.3.14 better? Can't see a possibility here to choose BT, crossfire ....

KH
Last edited by kalle123; Nov 28, 2021 at 05:45 AM.
Nov 28, 2021, 06:02 AM
Quote:
The main issue here is that FrSky does not give us any details, and we don't have that many users on ACCESS. So, reverse engineering is needed. OpenTx has the same issue. There are AFAIK no contributions from FrSky anymore to OpenTx. They want you to use Ethos, that's it.

Quick Reply