Apr 30, 2001, 07:46 PM
Thread OP

How do you like your Lite Stick? is it worth getting?

I have a Sky Scooter but am looking for soemthing a little slower & lighter. The Lite Stick seems like a low cost answer to that, what do you think of your Lite Stick & would you buy it again?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2001, 08:12 PM

Definatly, this plane rocks, attach the tail with light weight screws. all you have to do is unscrew the tail, take the wings out along wiht the landing gear. isntantly you have a flat lite stick that fits in a pizza box! it flies GREAT if you add a dihedral string along the top of the wing to give it about 8 degrees of dihedral. plus it cost about nuthin, and it includes the motor. its just a great slowfly plane. i regularily fly in my street just one way passes were it just hops in the air for about 30 ft. then land, turn around and fly back. its amazing
Apr 30, 2001, 08:25 PM
Let's Fly
Hello,

We would like you to know about our web site http://www.officeshops.com/avi_files.htm
Here you will find on-line movies of the Pico Stick in flight. If anyone has pictures that they would like us to post please send them to: addmypic@officeshops.com

Special Thanks to Roy K. for the pictures of his Twin Pico Stick.

Apr 30, 2001, 08:28 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
It is worth every penny!
Apr 30, 2001, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mrebman:
what do you think of your Lite Stick & would you buy it again?
I bought a Lite Stick because I wanted the motor and the kits were on sale. I had no intention of actually building the model. Then I decided to assemble it because I had some different battery combinations I wanted to test with my newly acquired GWS motor.

I ended up having to buy another motor for my application as my LS has become my 'disposable airplane' that I fly in an all-too-small space behind my house. I know that eventually it will get snagged by one of the branches but until then I'm doing a good job of scaring the trees and having fun when I don't have time to go somewhere to fly my other stuff. I also take it down the street and fly it when I want to relax.

Cheers --- Larry

Apr 30, 2001, 08:49 PM
My friend Ben has one and it is very fun to fly. Real chalenging in a strong breeze, too. We have lots of pics:
http://phlite.thelocust.org/gallery/04132001 http://phlite.thelocust.org/gallery/04242001?page=3

I got to fly it tonight after work...I really want one!
May 01, 2001, 12:38 AM
pfg
pfg
they fly very well - just remember to use the recomended equipment (ie very light stuff) and you will not be disapointed. use an eight cell NiMH pack (300-700 mah) for longer flights. i have two 600mah 8 cell packs and both give 25 minute flights without problem. build per instructions and you will not be disapointed
May 01, 2001, 12:54 AM
Of course I recommend it. It's the most fun I've had in this hobby so far.---Rob
May 01, 2001, 01:21 AM
Cant say much more than the comments above ---A big thumbs up from the slowman!!!!
May 01, 2001, 11:47 PM
The red one I bought was great but I've had a heck of a time with the yellow one for some reason...

David M. King
May 02, 2001, 01:31 PM
---
Last edited by CMT1961; Oct 05, 2006 at 12:45 PM.
May 02, 2001, 08:34 PM
This is my first slowfler and it is very addictive. Now I can just walk out the backdoor and start flying.

May 02, 2001, 08:36 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
The lurkers are coming out!
May 03, 2001, 01:11 AM
I love my litestick. It is my first "real" rc airplane although i've flown the firebird and gas/electric heli's for a while. It was fairly easy to learn to fly on (one real crash because of too much rudder control and not enough elevator right at the start of the learning curve). Great fun to whip out to a smallish park with. I'm flying it with the gws flight pack (270 mah 6 cell pack) and it works decent. I plan on getting a few more to experiment on. I used the coffee stirrer method of mounting the servos with rubber bands, and double sided foam tape for the receiver. Works great.
May 03, 2001, 05:32 AM
Speed Demon
HangTime, you wouldn't be Steve Anthony from the old Hangtime website, would you?

I got my Lite Stik as a prize at a flyin. I didn't think much of it at first so it sat for awhile. One night I couldn't sleep so I got up and cruzed the Ezone for awhile. When I was done this kit was staring at me so I figured I'd open it for a peek. Once I started building I couldn't stop. I think it took me all of 1.5 hrs. to put together! This included everything except for soldering on a speed control. I originally tried it with the listed 6-110 battery pack but got short dull flights. I've since switched over to a 7-350 Nicd and get 13 minutes average flight. This is a heavy pack and others have used the 720 Nimh packs for better performance but I like mine just the way it is. Go for it, loads of fun for $20!

[This message has been edited by GregG (edited 05-03-2001).]

Quick Reply