New E-flite Viper 90mm EDF Jet

E-flite scaled up the popular 70mm version to make this awesome 90mm EDF that is equipped with Smart electronics.

Splash

120+ MPH Viper Jet!

E-flite scaled up the popular 70mm version to make this awesome 90mm EDF that is equipped with Smart electronics. It features smooth handling, fast 120+MPH speeds and great aerobatic capabilities. The speed and performance envelope is huge and well suited for intermediate to advanced pilots. The 12-blade 90mm fans sounds amazing the plane comes outfitted with a 130A ESC and 6S compatible 3670-1950kv brushless inrunner motor.

The Viper 90mm is available in a BNF version for $549.99 and a ARF version for $419.99. It's up for pre-order right now with shipments expected in July.

Learn More about the Viper 90mm EDF at the Main Thread Here

Visit the E-flite Viper 90mm EDF Jet Webpage Here

Last edited by Jason Cole; Jun 10, 2021 at 10:26 AM..
Jun 10, 2021, 11:37 AM
Where are the instructions for "Motor Reversing"
Jun 10, 2021, 01:34 PM
Warm Sunny days please
Looks like another winner. Trying to fight the temptation to click the "pre order" button.
Jun 10, 2021, 02:52 PM
Modeling Retread
Another Jet... I was hoping for a 1.5 m P47 or Zero
Latest blog entry: Goodyear Blimp at Oshkosh
Jun 10, 2021, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
Another Jet... I was hoping for a 1.5 m P47 or Zero
and if they did everyone else would say "OH LOOK ANOTHER P-47.."
Jun 10, 2021, 04:19 PM
It would be nice if they brought some bigger versions of the SR71 and the B2 and F117s that The Nana hobby’s and the likes sold 10 years ago. And why don’t any of these newer trainer planes have the same sonic combat functionality that the early electric trainers had? That was what got me into flying in the first place.
Jun 10, 2021, 04:52 PM
Flying @ G/L is fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
Not me (or most other WWII warbird guys)!

The Jug is one of the most under-modeled WWII air-superiority fighters in most company lineups nowadays - unless you're looking for a cheap non-scale excuse for a Jug, or a giant-scale bird capable of handling a nice, big radial. There has never been a quality ~60" span extremely highly-detailed foam BNF Jug with ALL of the proper goodies - such as scale Fowler flaps, concealed control-horns & linkages, tough-as-nails sequenced retracts, sequenced gear-doors (including the retractable tailwheel), a full interior, scale dia paddle-blade prop, all of the rivet & panel lines, plus all of the external ordnance - and a 100+ MPH top-end, which is still a bit on the slow side for a scale Jug that size. However, there are a number of Mustangs, Spits, 109s, and 190s in that category.

I might be up for one of these down the road a bit - but right now, I still only have a couple hrs of flight-time on my giant-scale Carbon Z Cub SS, and I have yet to maiden my DRACO. Gotta fly what I have before I go for a big EDF.

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS
Jun 10, 2021, 11:41 PM
Modeling Retread
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
Iím OK with that
Latest blog entry: Goodyear Blimp at Oshkosh
Jun 11, 2021, 11:31 PM
I really like the lights on the top bottom and sides. That's one of the things I really enjoy on the 80mm Freewing Avanti. Also like the big battery bay. This may be another sport jet that I will have to get.
Jun 14, 2021, 01:18 PM
Head-tracking FPV Advocate
The Coke bottle figure is sexy! And I second the call for sonic combat module - love me some dogfighting, especially in FPV. Which brings up my biggest wish for manufacturers - please make optically clear canopy!

With good canopy, sonic module/laser tag (that works in sun light) and my reflector sight, dogfights would be EPIC! Recreating Top Gun every time going to the flying field.
Last edited by turbinefancy; Jun 15, 2021 at 10:52 AM.
Jun 15, 2021, 09:15 AM

battery compartment size?

Could one of you early access reviewers measure the size of the battery compartment? I want to know if I can get my 2 6S 4500 mah packs in there. If so, I can get an ARF Plus and stick my JP Hobby EDF unit in one.

Thanks

John
Jun 15, 2021, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy
The Coke bottle figure is sexy! And I second the call for sonic combat module - love me some dogfighting, especially in FPV. Which brings up my biggest wish for manufacturers - please make optically clear canopy!

With good canopy, sonic module/laser tag (that works in sun light) and my reflector sight, dogfights would be EPIC! Recreating Top Gun every time going to the flying field.
Sonic or laser combat would be a neat gimmick, what would it do if it registered a hit? Activate PANIC mode for a second and auto-level?
Jun 15, 2021, 04:43 PM
Head-tracking FPV Advocate
Activate flashing LED lights, smoke, or jittery roll control for a few seconds after hit.
Jun 19, 2021, 07:36 AM
I bet it will fly very very well, love how the 70 flys.
Jun 20, 2021, 11:13 PM
That guy
Preordered mine! I'll probably set it up like I did my original Viper 70mm as an 8 channel taileron/full span flap bird.

E-flite Viper setup using AR8360T - crow braking, full span flaps, taileron mixes (4 min 43 sec)

Quick Reply