Jun 11, 2021, 05:19 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkzonekid
The only reason I ask it the spektrum and or eflite programming for reverse works on the AR637TA but not with a 9030 or 8020 rx. Just by using a aux 2 channel -100 +100 setting on a switch weird I know but ?????
The reversing feature of these ESCs communicates with the RX via Ch.7 (AUX2) thru a serial protocol without the use of an actual lead being plugged in between the ESC and RX. Will your 9030 or 8020 talk to the ESC that way?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2021, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANFRED1
WHEN will all the foamy manufacturers address one of the biggest problems with foamy ships and that is the inevitable cockpit gatoring? Is it really that hard to insert a vacu-formed cockpit tub and eliminate the heat hating all foam interiors? I swear, someone could make a fortune if they sold aftermarket cockpit inlays for the more popular kits. I would prefer this over a reversing esc or any fancy lighting.
+1,but fancy gimmicks sell planes
Jun 11, 2021, 06:15 PM
LSF Level V #88
Ok, it took two beers but I just preordered. I loved my 70mm Viper, my first edf, so I'm really excited about this one!
Jun 11, 2021, 09:15 PM
DW Productions
Just ordered the NX8 for this baby. Selling my almost new NX6 in classifieds cheap if anyone is interested.
Jun 12, 2021, 12:58 AM
I like how similar to my Freewing Avanti this has light on top, bottom and sides. It really helps when there are dark clouds or the sun is setting.

Its also nice to have a big battery bay in this plane.

May have to get one. I always liked the 70mm viper but it was to small for my batteries.
Jun 12, 2021, 02:11 AM
Anybody know the flight time?
Jun 12, 2021, 04:17 AM
we can take off without that
It will be different for every person, and vary with battery.
One person’s safe flight time is another person’s crash.
When you know full throttle amps, its easy to calculate safe flight time.
Eflite, Freewing, and pretty much any foamy company don’t bother publishing the amp draw of their models. An essential figure in my opinion. Otherwise how would you know which battery to pick and calculate the flight time for the timer.
Luckily RC Castle tested this fan at 112A at 22.2V.
Last edited by green_flyer; Jun 12, 2021 at 04:23 AM.
Jun 12, 2021, 05:40 AM
90mm Viper can really handle slow flight and battery weight. Get an 8000mah pack you can fly for at least 5 min, with throttle management.

Miss my Taft Viper (a spectacular crash into telephone pole behind the tree...)
Jun 12, 2021, 06:35 AM
MSgt USAF Ret.

reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkzonekid
Ok question, I have the 100amp smart avian esc with programmer , updated esc for thrust reversing, installed on my gripen but it will not thrust reverse, so I’m assuming somehow the Programmable rx is needed ? Since i need a 9 channel for all the canard mixing I can’t use an AR637TA . Am I right on the rx being needed or am I programming it wrong in transmitter?
Reverse will not work unless you have brake enabled when you program the Avian.
Jun 12, 2021, 06:43 AM
MSgt USAF Ret.
Very happy to see this release! I just sold my 70mm Viper a couple weeks ago that I've had since release and it is still making smiles from a fellow club member. During the product release video I was filled with anxiety and was thrilled to hear about everything the new 90 has. The landing gear and battery bay were the most important to me as well as the wheel well spar. The removable wing tips are very nice feature so we can put the wings in bags for transport.

My two only complaints are one...this was HH's chance to go 8S and second, it sucks I'm in the middle of an 8S Avanti build with everything already purchased. I would've done a 12S build on this! Still find it hard not to pre-order and its too early for a couple good IPA's!
Jun 12, 2021, 06:57 AM
MSgt USAF Ret.
[QUOTE=Luckily RC Castle tested this fan at 112A at 22.2V.[/QUOTE]

The 90mm FMS 12-blade EDF/motor that RC Castle tested was 1900kv...specs on the HH site show the new Viper's motor at 1950kv. I understand 50kv is not much more current draw; but the the size of the two motors differ greatly (3546 vs. 3670). There is likely more copper inside the bigger motor.
Jun 12, 2021, 07:44 AM
we can take off without that
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrutter1
The 90mm FMS 12-blade EDF/motor that RC Castle tested was 1900kv...specs on the HH site show the new Viper's motor at 1950kv. I understand 50kv is not much more current draw; but the the size of the two motors differ greatly (3546 vs. 3670). There is likely more copper inside the bigger motor.
Posted already only a page or two back

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...+90mm+12+blade
Jun 12, 2021, 08:52 AM
DW Productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronn
Anybody know the flight time?
Ali stated in a video yesterday from JetJam that he's averaging 4 minutes on a 5000, mixed throttle and that's his preferred battery so far.
Jun 12, 2021, 09:11 AM
world's slowest builder
That's a really good flight time on a 5000 party pack! I bet it has 1:1 T/W on a light pack like that. My Stinger 90 was the same way once i put a Jetfan 6s setup in it. It would fly longer on bigger packs, but would not fly as lively...so i just flew 5000s mostly...for the awesome T/W and better balance.

That said, this thing would be awesome on 12S!

Still not a fan of the grey camo underbelly...it disappears in our morning clouds here in on the coast. Lights will help i guess...

What happened to the Red Stars of the 70mm? Maybe Putin does not approve models over 70mm, or is Horizon backing out of scale Russo-American goodwill.? User optional separate decals? It would probably just be too much red...
Last edited by Air-Jon; Jun 12, 2021 at 09:24 AM.
Jun 12, 2021, 09:32 AM
DW Productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
That's a really good flight time on a 5000 party pack! I bet it has 1:1 T/W on a light pack like that. My Stinger 90 was the same way once i put a Jetfan 6s setup in it. It would fly longer on bigger packs, but would not fly as lively...so i just flew 5000s mostly...for the awesome T/W and better balance.

That said, this thing would be awesome on 12S!

Still not a fan of the grey camo underbelly...it disappears in our morning clouds here in on the coast. Lights will help i guess...

What happened to the Red Stars of the 70mm? Maybe Putin does not approve models over 70mm, or is Horizon backing out of scale Russo-American goodwill.? User optional separate decals? It would probably just be too much red...
It seems to be pretty light for its size also. We've got an entire Eflux 10s setup ready to go for ours. We don't find 12s in a model this size to provide much more benefit over 10s with the extra weight from everything (motor, esc, batteries etc.).

Quick Reply